An Open Letter to Pro-"Immigration" supporters

Look at our southern border with Mexico right now. Is this your ultimate goal? Is this what you want? To have caravans of immigrants coming here to game our legal system? Hordes of illegal immigrants crossing over a seemingly nonexistent border between two countries?

Seeking asylum is a great way to escape hardship of living in a volatile country, and in this case, it is a great way to avoid, i.e. SKIRT the naturalization process. Coming here illegally doesn't lay out a better life for the person doing it, it only complicates it even further.

And for any liberal who claims to have any respect for our laws and customs, I advise you to think again. If you try to justify why there should be any illegal immigration going on, for any purpose, for any reason... you don't. I want congress to close the loopholes currently being exploited by those asylum seekers. I want our border to be enforced.

I don't care what kind of life these "immigrants" are trying to make for themselves here. They need to do it right. Legally. If they are incapable of following one law, that must mean they will have very little respect for and willingness to obey other laws. We are a sovereign country, and we should start acting like one.
Should we give our Statue of Liberty back to the French, and blame the right wing?
Sure, we can trade it for the Eiffel Tower.

Look at our southern border with Mexico right now. Is this your ultimate goal? Is this what you want? To have caravans of immigrants coming here to game our legal system? Hordes of illegal immigrants crossing over a seemingly nonexistent border between two countries?

Seeking asylum is a great way to escape hardship of living in a volatile country, and in this case, it is a great way to avoid, i.e. SKIRT the naturalization process. Coming here illegally doesn't lay out a better life for the person doing it, it only complicates it even further.

And for any liberal who claims to have any respect for our laws and customs, I advise you to think again. If you try to justify why there should be any illegal immigration going on, for any purpose, for any reason... you don't. I want congress to close the loopholes currently being exploited by those asylum seekers. I want our border to be enforced.

I don't care what kind of life these "immigrants" are trying to make for themselves here. They need to do it right. Legally. If they are incapable of following one law, that must mean they will have very little respect for and willingness to obey other laws. We are a sovereign country, and we should start acting like one.
Congress and the executive branch are controlled by the GOP the people at the border have been turned away.But this govt. run by the GOP refuses to change refugee laws that enable people to come here in mass droves.
Problem:

We have two parties in our legislature. One wants to do it, one wants to stop them. They are so hell bent on resisting anything Trump does, that they are willing to stymie the legislative process. So, blame all of them when something doesn't get done.

Congress and the executive branch are controlled by the GOP the people at the border have been turned away.But this govt. run by the GOP refuses to change refugee laws that enable people to come here in mass droves.
Problem:

We have two parties in our legislature. One wants to do it, one wants to stop them. They are so hell bent on resisting anything Trump does, that they are willing to stymie the legislative process. So, blame all of them when something doesn't get done.

That isn't accurate. At all.

Trump's "solutions" aren't the only options.

What should happen is the US groups that organized this fiasco should be jailed for human trafficking, along with the lawyers that coached them on what to say.

What should happen is the US groups that organized this fiasco should be jailed for human trafficking, along with the lawyers that coached them on what to say.

What human trafficking are they engaging in that is breaking the law?

I support legal immigration, I support asylum, I support the recognition of illegal immigrants as Human Beings. I oppose the ripping apart of families.

I get you want to be compassionate. Nothing wrong with that at all. But when such compassion begins to override the rule of law, it's not compassion at all.

We're all human beings, with minds of our own. We can either choose to obey the law or not. I sincerely believe that those who break justly enacted laws should be punished. If your family gets ripped apart because of such malfeasance, I am not obliged to feel sorry for you. You can't have it both ways and expect to stay here forever.

I support legal immigration, I support asylum, I support the recognition of illegal immigrants as Human Beings. I oppose the ripping apart of families.

I get you want to be compassionate. Nothing wrong with that at all. But when such compassion begins to override the rule of law, it's not compassion at all.

We're all human beings, with minds of our own. We can either choose to obey the law or not. I sincerely believe that those who break justly enacted laws should be punished. If your family gets ripped apart because of such malfeasance, I am not obliged to feel sorry for you. You can't have it both ways and expect to stay here forever.

The rule of law allows a certain amount of leeway - in prioritizing what to go after, with limited resources - in determining sentencing.

And that is a good thing. I have no problem with deporting dangerous criminals. But ripping apart families is wrong. It's a MINOR offense. I would far rather see resources going toward apprehending more serioius crimes.

And even though asylum is legal, the process right now is being abused. It is being used in an attempt to "skip the line" that is our immigration and naturalization process.

I don't think it's being abused. Most requests are denied.

I understand that. Hence the word "attempt". I never implied they were all successful.

Asylum is an important pillar of our nation's values imo...but I've gotten to the point where I no longer care what people think of me. I support legal immigration, I support asylum, I support the recognition of illegal immigrants as Human Beings. I oppose the ripping apart of families.
:lame2:You don’t get the right to make that decision though. The constitution does! Go to Mexico then

Go to Russia then.

IN SOVIET RUSSIA

You don't cross border, comrade. The border cross you!

Asylum seekers are not illegal aliens.

They were out of danger the minute they set foot in Mexico, they should apply there. When they continue north they prove they are economic refugees and aren't eligible for asylum here.

If you are an immigration judge and make that determination on a case by case basis, knock yourself out.

I understand that. Hence the word "attempt". I never implied they were all successful.

Asylum is an important pillar of our nation's values imo...but I've gotten to the point where I no longer care what people think of me. I support legal immigration, I support asylum, I support the recognition of illegal immigrants as Human Beings. I oppose the ripping apart of families.
:lame2:You don’t get the right to make that decision though. The constitution does! Go to Mexico then

Go to Russia then.

IN SOVIET RUSSIA

You don't cross border, comrade. The border cross you!

I'm sensing a Hotel California moment here...

I have no problem with deporting dangerous criminals. But ripping apart families is wrong. It's a MINOR offense. I would far rather see resources going toward apprehending more serioius crimes.

A crime is a crime Coyote, no matter the scope or magnitude of it. What kind of precedent does it set when we prosecute you for one crime and blatantly turn a blind eye to your commission of another?

I have no problem with deporting dangerous criminals. But ripping apart families is wrong. It's a MINOR offense. I would far rather see resources going toward apprehending more serioius crimes.

A crime is a crime Coyote, no matter the scope or magnitude of it. What kind of precedent does it set when we prosecute you for one crime and blatantly turn a blind eye to your commission of another?

Do you treat jay walking the same as rape? I don't....

I also think it's important to look at the individual situations.

Someone who enters this country illegally to human traffick is viewd (imo) differently then someone entering to flee cartel violence in Guatamala.

That's not saying asylum is illegal. I was shifting away from asylum to illegal immigration in that statement. In other words, an adroit shift mid sentence.

If I have to clarify, I will.

Ah, ok then :)

And even though asylum is legal, the process right now is being abused. It is being used in an attempt to "skip the line" that is our immigration and naturalization process.

Question, who put those families in a position to be torn apart? They made the decision, make them live with it.

Someone who enters this country illegally to human traffick is viewd (imo) differently then someone entering to flee cartel violence in Guatamala.
What if the jay walker caused an accident and someone died as a result?

What if the jay walker caused an accident and someone died as a result?

Then that's a bit different don't you think, from other jaywalkers?

Ah, ok then :)

Question, who put those families in a position to be torn apart? They made the decision, make them live with it.

I don't care.

They have no right to enter our country in either of your examples

Forum List

Back