An Open Letter to Pro-"Immigration" supporters

It's the same with illegal immigration - some are worse then others. Should they all be handled the same with out human feeling?

They should all be punished equally. The law should apply equally. In this context, one offense does not outweigh another. They have all broken the same law and should all receive the same punishment - deportation.

"Human feeling" is alright, but it can often be incompatible with enforcement of the law. If you are clearly guilty of your offense, no "human feeling" should save you from the consequence.

See...I don't agree with that...is the purpose punishment or best outcome for society?

I support legal immigration, I support asylum, I support the recognition of illegal immigrants as Human Beings. I oppose the ripping apart of families.

I get you want to be compassionate. Nothing wrong with that at all. But when such compassion begins to override the rule of law, it's not compassion at all.

We're all human beings, with minds of our own. We can either choose to obey the law or not. I sincerely believe that those who break justly enacted laws should be punished. If your family gets ripped apart because of such malfeasance, I am not obliged to feel sorry for you. You can't have it both ways and expect to stay here forever.

The rule of law allows a certain amount of leeway - in prioritizing what to go after, with limited resources - in determining sentencing.

And that is a good thing. I have no problem with deporting dangerous criminals. But ripping apart families is wrong. It's a MINOR offense. I would far rather see resources going toward apprehending more serioius crimes.

Of course you have no problem with them sucking resources from other areas, education, welfare, SNAP and medical care to name a few.

Of course you have no problem with punishing children for the crimes of their parents.

Really? This is a bit off topic but I'm going here anyway. Diligent punishment isn't always the best answer.

Due process isn't always positive, Coyote. Or are you suggesting we get rid of it? Because if we don't enforce all of our laws with due diligence, whether for better or worse, that is what will happen.

You only picked part of what I said...so...do you disagree with what the prosecutor did?

It would be better if you broke your post into paragraphs. All I saw was a cloud of words. One unending paragraph. Do that and I'll read it over.

Really? This is a bit off topic but I'm going here anyway. Diligent punishment isn't always the best answer.

Due process isn't always positive, Coyote. Or are you suggesting we get rid of it? Because if we don't enforce all of our laws with due diligence, whether for better or worse, that is what will happen.

You only picked part of what I said...so...do you disagree with what the prosecutor did?

It would be better if you broke your post into paragraphs. All I saw was a cloud of words. One unending paragraph. Do that and I'll read it over.

No. I don't think so.

It's the same with illegal immigration - some are worse then others. Should they all be handled the same with out human feeling?

They should all be punished equally. The law should apply equally. In this context, one offense does not outweigh another. They have all broken the same law and should all receive the same punishment - deportation.

"Human feeling" is alright, but it can often be incompatible with enforcement of the law. If you are clearly guilty of your offense, no "human feeling" should save you from the consequence.

See...I don't agree with that...is the purpose punishment or best outcome for society?

In this case, punishment, in order to ensure the best outcome for our society. I'm not an unforgiving man, but I strive to be an honorable and law abiding one. If I have to obey the law, so, too, should any person who climbs that fence into our country illegally. I have no mercy for those who willingly violate our laws. Coming here illegally is a premeditated offense. It is a conscious decision to break the laws of another country.

No. I don't think so.

As you wish...

No. I don't think so.

As you wish...

I'm going to bed...good night TK :)

And even though asylum is legal, the process right now is being abused. It is being used in an attempt to "skip the line" that is our immigration and naturalization process.

I don't think it's being abused. Most requests are denied.

I understand that. Hence the word "attempt". I never implied they were all successful.

Asylum is an important pillar of our nation's values imo...but I've gotten to the point where I no longer care what people think of me. I support legal immigration, I support asylum, I support the recognition of illegal immigrants as Human Beings. I oppose the ripping apart of families.

Question, who put those families in a position to be torn apart? They made the decision, make them live with it.

I don't care.

Clearly, LMAO.

I have no problem with deporting dangerous criminals. But ripping apart families is wrong. It's a MINOR offense. I would far rather see resources going toward apprehending more serioius crimes.

A crime is a crime Coyote, no matter the scope or magnitude of it. What kind of precedent does it set when we prosecute you for one crime and blatantly turn a blind eye to your commission of another?

Do you treat jay walking the same as rape? I don't....

I also think it's important to look at the individual situations.

Someone who enters this country illegally to human traffick is viewd (imo) differently then someone entering to flee cartel violence in Guatamala.
They have no right to enter our country in either of your examples

Asylum is legal. Therefore they have a right to enter to seek it.

They can seek it from our embassy in their own country.

Look at our southern border with Mexico right now. Is this your ultimate goal? Is this what you want? To have caravans of immigrants coming here to game our legal system? Hordes of illegal immigrants crossing over a seemingly nonexistent border between two countries?

Seeking asylum is a great way to escape hardship of living in a volatile country, and in this case, it is a great way to avoid, i.e. SKIRT the naturalization process. Coming here illegally doesn't lay out a better life for the person doing it, it only complicates it even further.

And for any liberal who claims to have any respect for our laws and customs, I advise you to think again. If you try to justify why there should be any illegal immigration going on, for any purpose, for any reason... you don't. I want congress to close the loopholes currently being exploited by those asylum seekers. I want our border to be enforced.

I don't care what kind of life these "immigrants" are trying to make for themselves here. They need to do it right. Legally. If they are incapable of following one law, that must mean they will have very little respect for and willingness to obey other laws. We are a sovereign country, and we should start acting like one.

Gee, people once said this about the Irish, the Italians, Asians, the Russians, etc. Now Hispanics are every xenophobe’s favorite punching bag

No. I don't think so.

As you wish...

And to answer your question, I don't agree with what the prosecutor did. The man stole 70 computers, his actions harmed multiple other people. Desperation should not be a shield from the consequences.

When we insert feeling into the law too much, it becomes ineffectual. We shouldn't run our government based off of feelings, but on the rule of law itself.

Look at our southern border with Mexico right now. Is this your ultimate goal? Is this what you want? To have caravans of immigrants coming here to game our legal system? Hordes of illegal immigrants crossing over a seemingly nonexistent border between two countries?

Seeking asylum is a great way to escape hardship of living in a volatile country, and in this case, it is a great way to avoid, i.e. SKIRT the naturalization process. Coming here illegally doesn't lay out a better life for the person doing it, it only complicates it even further.

And for any liberal who claims to have any respect for our laws and customs, I advise you to think again. If you try to justify why there should be any illegal immigration going on, for any purpose, for any reason... you don't. I want congress to close the loopholes currently being exploited by those asylum seekers. I want our border to be enforced.

I don't care what kind of life these "immigrants" are trying to make for themselves here. They need to do it right. Legally. If they are incapable of following one law, that must mean they will have very little respect for and willingness to obey other laws. We are a sovereign country, and we should start acting like one.

Gee, people once said this about the Irish, the Italians, Asians, the Russians, etc. Now Hispanics are every xenophobe’s favorite punching bag

Hmm, okay. I wasn't expecting such a crass response from you.

A crime is a crime Coyote, no matter the scope or magnitude of it. What kind of precedent does it set when we prosecute you for one crime and blatantly turn a blind eye to your commission of another?

Do you treat jay walking the same as rape? I don't....

I also think it's important to look at the individual situations.

Someone who enters this country illegally to human traffick is viewd (imo) differently then someone entering to flee cartel violence in Guatamala.
They have no right to enter our country in either of your examples

Asylum is legal. Therefore they have a right to enter to seek it.
Only if approved. Not because you simply asked. If you walk in, you’re illegal if you don’t have permission

You have a right to ask. That's legal. If not approved you are deported.

And we foot the bill in the mean time.

No. I don't think so.

As you wish...

I'm going to bed...good night TK :)

Is it that late? Where has the time gone?

Good night, sleep well Coyote.

Invited vs. uninvited
When people force their way into your house you tend to get pissed.

What should happen is the US groups that organized this fiasco should be jailed for human trafficking, along with the lawyers that coached them on what to say.

What human trafficking are they engaging in that is breaking the law?

International transportation of people to defraud the government of the US. Coaching people coming to the US for economic reasons to lie to US Border Patrol to gain asylum.

Who is transporting people?

Ask the organizers who they hired, you don't move that many people that far for free, they have to eat, drink, sleep and shit somewhere.

Sure, let's let the bank robber off if he needs the money to send his kid to college. We need more college educated kids, right?

hJMhKwF.jpg

Forum List

Back