An Open Letter to Pro-"Immigration" supporters

I support legal immigration, I support asylum, I support the recognition of illegal immigrants as Human Beings. I oppose the ripping apart of families.

I get you want to be compassionate. Nothing wrong with that at all. But when such compassion begins to override the rule of law, it's not compassion at all.

We're all human beings, with minds of our own. We can either choose to obey the law or not. I sincerely believe that those who break justly enacted laws should be punished. If your family gets ripped apart because of such malfeasance, I am not obliged to feel sorry for you. You can't have it both ways and expect to stay here forever.

The rule of law allows a certain amount of leeway - in prioritizing what to go after, with limited resources - in determining sentencing.

And that is a good thing. I have no problem with deporting dangerous criminals. But ripping apart families is wrong. It's a MINOR offense. I would far rather see resources going toward apprehending more serioius crimes.

Of course you have no problem with them sucking resources from other areas, education, welfare, SNAP and medical care to name a few.

Of course you have no problem with punishing children for the crimes of their parents.

I have no problem making people live with the consequences of their own decisions. We separate criminals from their families all the time. If you reward bad behavior you WILL get more of it.

Look at our southern border with Mexico right now. Is this your ultimate goal? Is this what you want? To have caravans of immigrants coming here to game our legal system? Hordes of illegal immigrants crossing over a seemingly nonexistent border between two countries?

Seeking asylum is a great way to escape hardship of living in a volatile country, and in this case, it is a great way to avoid, i.e. SKIRT the naturalization process. Coming here illegally doesn't lay out a better life for the person doing it, it only complicates it even further.

And for any liberal who claims to have any respect for our laws and customs, I advise you to think again. If you try to justify why there should be any illegal immigration going on, for any purpose, for any reason... you don't. I want congress to close the loopholes currently being exploited by those asylum seekers. I want our border to be enforced.

I don't care what kind of life these "immigrants" are trying to make for themselves here. They need to do it right. Legally. If they are incapable of following one law, that must mean they will have very little respect for and willingness to obey other laws. We are a sovereign country, and we should start acting like one.

Asylum is legal.
There has to be a good reason, This is far from a good reason

That's not saying asylum is illegal. I was shifting away from asylum to illegal immigration in that statement. In other words, an adroit shift mid sentence.

If I have to clarify, I will.

Ah, ok then :)

And even though asylum is legal, the process right now is being abused. It is being used in an attempt to "skip the line" that is our immigration and naturalization process.

I don't think it's being abused. Most requests are denied.

I understand that. Hence the word "attempt". I never implied they were all successful.

Asylum is an important pillar of our nation's values imo...but I've gotten to the point where I no longer care what people think of me. I support legal immigration, I support asylum, I support the recognition of illegal immigrants as Human Beings. I oppose the ripping apart of families.
Agree.

Of course, an immigrant isn't illegal until found guilty in a court of law.

And those seeking asylum are not illegal pending a determination of their immigration status.

Look at our southern border with Mexico right now. Is this your ultimate goal? Is this what you want? To have caravans of immigrants coming here to game our legal system? Hordes of illegal immigrants crossing over a seemingly nonexistent border between two countries?

Seeking asylum is a great way to escape hardship of living in a volatile country, and in this case, it is a great way to avoid, i.e. SKIRT the naturalization process. Coming here illegally doesn't lay out a better life for the person doing it, it only complicates it even further.

And for any liberal who claims to have any respect for our laws and customs, I advise you to think again. If you try to justify why there should be any illegal immigration going on, for any purpose, for any reason... you don't. I want congress to close the loopholes currently being exploited by those asylum seekers. I want our border to be enforced.

I don't care what kind of life these "immigrants" are trying to make for themselves here. They need to do it right. Legally. If they are incapable of following one law, that must mean they will have very little respect for and willingness to obey other laws. We are a sovereign country, and we should start acting like one.

If all those people in 'the evil caravan' were doing it illegally they wouldn't be camped at the border waiting on due process.

You utterly defeat your own OP.

/----/ Why don't they stay in their on shithole country and fix it the way we fixed the colonies in 1776?
patrick henry.jpg

Asylum is legal.
/----/ Why didn't Mexico give them asylum ?

I have no problem with deporting dangerous criminals. But ripping apart families is wrong. It's a MINOR offense. I would far rather see resources going toward apprehending more serioius crimes.

A crime is a crime Coyote, no matter the scope or magnitude of it. What kind of precedent does it set when we prosecute you for one crime and blatantly turn a blind eye to your commission of another?

Do you treat jay walking the same as rape? I don't....

I also think it's important to look at the individual situations.

Someone who enters this country illegally to human traffick is viewd (imo) differently then someone entering to flee cartel violence in Guatamala.
They have no right to enter our country in either of your examples
Only if the right wing doesn't really really believe in natural and individual rights of Persons.

Someone who enters this country illegally to human traffick is viewd (imo) differently then someone entering to flee cartel violence in Guatamala.

Asylum is legal. Therefore they have a right to enter to seek it.
Only if approved. Not because you simply asked. If you walk in, you’re illegal if you don’t have permission

You have a right to ask. That's legal. If not approved you are deported.

And we foot the bill in the mean time.

end the drug war, to pay for it, right wingers; don't whine about it, come up with better solutions at lower cost.

Should we give our Statue of Liberty back to the French, and blame the right wing?

No we should return it to it's original condition and take the plaque off it that was added later.

No we shouldn't.
sure we should. just like tearing down our statues of the past. tear that MF off that lady's base.

A crime is a crime Coyote, no matter the scope or magnitude of it. What kind of precedent does it set when we prosecute you for one crime and blatantly turn a blind eye to your commission of another?

Asylum is legal. Therefore they have a right to enter to seek it.
Only if approved. Not because you simply asked. If you walk in, you’re illegal if you don’t have permission

You have a right to ask. That's legal. If not approved you are deported.
sorry, not at the border. you file paperwork to seek asylum.

I understand that. Hence the word "attempt". I never implied they were all successful.

Asylum is an important pillar of our nation's values imo...but I've gotten to the point where I no longer care what people think of me. I support legal immigration, I support asylum, I support the recognition of illegal immigrants as Human Beings. I oppose the ripping apart of families.

Question, who put those families in a position to be torn apart? They made the decision, make them live with it.

I don't care.
I do. Who wins?

:dunno:
exactly. take your wishes to the ballot box.

I don't think it's being abused. Most requests are denied.

:lame2:You don’t get the right to make that decision though. The constitution does! Go to Mexico then

Go to Russia then.

I'd go to Mexico, but they have a STRICT immigration policy for other "americans". Especially the Guatemalans and Honduras folks that they let pass thru to come here.

There's asylum and then there is crappy countries over-run with crime and poverty. If the GOVT isn't shooting at them and the GOVT isn't restraining criminals from shooting them -- that's an internal problem we cannot prioritize when about 4 million people world-wide are living in absolute devastation and rubble from ACTUAL war and persecution for their views or affiliations.
doesn't our country have gangs and violence in little villages? Guess who they are? Yeah, the ones coming from the countries with gangs in little villages with violence. So they're bringing that crap here. deport them all.

I have no problem with deporting dangerous criminals. But ripping apart families is wrong. It's a MINOR offense. I would far rather see resources going toward apprehending more serioius crimes.

Only if the right wing doesn't really really believe in natural and individual rights of Persons.
what the fk does that even mean?

Forum List

Back