An outright lie about the Mormon Church

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
We still have posters on this board posting that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints supports condones and practices polygamy.

The Church forbade such practice in 1890. Anyone after that date that marries more then one wife is excommunicated and removed from the Church. No teachings are done on allowing polygamy and no support for it is given. Anyone caught practicing it is removed from the Church.

Those of you that keep repeating this lie have been told in those threads it is not true and yet you keep claiming it. That makes you liars.

Be so kind as to actually get your facts right for change.

Well, in general, yes, but the history evidences violations by general authorities who supported, presided, and engaged in plural marriage after 1890, RGS.

Today, a man may be sealed to more than one woman in the hereafter while a woman can be sealed to only one man.

That is certainly spiritual polygamy.

Well, in general, yes, but the history evidences violations by general authorities who supported, presided, and engaged in plural marriage after 1890, RGS.

Today, a man may be sealed to more than one woman in the hereafter while a woman can be sealed to only one man.

That is certainly spiritual polygamy.

There is no evidence that the church practiced polygamy after 1890. Especially among those that lead the church. Those that claimed it was a false prophecy formed their own offshoots of the church.

There is evidence that the church HAS excommunicated people for practicing it all through the years since 1890.

It is a bald faced lie when people claim the church supports practices or teaches polygamy. And I am tired of the same people making the ignorant claim , being corrected and continuing to make the claim.

We still have posters on this board posting that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints supports condones and practices polygamy.

The Church forbade such practice in 1890. Anyone after that date that marries more then one wife is excommunicated and removed from the Church. No teachings are done on allowing polygamy and no support for it is given. Anyone caught practicing it is removed from the Church.

Those of you that keep repeating this lie have been told in those threads it is not true and yet you keep claiming it. That makes you liars.

Be so kind as to actually get your facts right for change.

All of Christianity is a lie so don't worry about one lie in the Mormon church, which is a branch of the false religion of Christianity.

There are "rebel" groups who are no longer recognized by the church but still call themselves Mormons. So saying all Mormons practice polygamy is like saying all Christians are bible thumpers.

There are "rebel" groups who are no longer recognized by the church but still call themselves Mormons. So saying all Mormons practice polygamy is like saying all Christians are bible thumpers.

If I take the Bible and customs of the Roman Catholic church along with the priesthood names but change parts to suit me, is that still the Roman catholic church? Even if I claim it is?

None of the excommunicated groups are Mormons. They were removed from the church. Just because a group names itself the Fundamental Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints does not mean it is sanctioned, recognized or supported by the real church.

NO Mormon practices polygamy. NONE, NADA. Any group that does is NOT Mormon by definition, action and by sanction of the actual church.

If I take the Bible and customs of the Roman Catholic church along with the priesthood names but change parts to suit me, is that still the Roman catholic church? Even if I claim it is?

None of the excommunicated groups are Mormons. They were removed from the church. Just because a group names itself the Fundamental Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints does not mean it is sanctioned, recognized or supported by the real church.

NO Mormon practices polygamy. NONE, NADA. Any group that does is NOT Mormon by definition, action and by sanction of the actual church.

Thanks for that, Gunny!

Now, hopefully that will be a lesson to Muslims who seem to have no idea how to renounce their brethren who they say are not following the REAL word of Allah.

Mormons who still practice polygamy are the only ones who remain true to the original teachings of the LDS Church. . :cool:

There is nothing in the Book of Mormon that orders anyone to practice polygamy. Wanna try again?
I never mentioned the retarded Book of Mormon.

But the founder of the Mormon cult Joseph Smith and his original followers endorsed polygamy. . :cool:

Mormons who still practice polygamy are the only ones who remain true to the original teachings of the LDS Church. . :cool:

There is nothing in the Book of Mormon that orders anyone to practice polygamy. Wanna try again?

But the founder of the Mormon cult Joseph Smith and his original followers endorsed polygamy. . :cool:

You obviously do not know how the Church works. A Prophet runs the Church. When Smith was Murdered a new Prophet was ordained and took over, in 1890 the Prophet was instructed that polygamy was no longer sanctioned. See how that works?

The Church is not a cult about one man.

You obviously do not know how the Church works. A Prophet runs the Church. When Smith was Murdered a new Prophet was ordained and took over, in 1890 the Prophet was instructed that polygamy was no longer sanctioned. See how that works?

The LDS church only renounced polygamy for political reasons.

Basically, so that Utah could join the United States as a state and reap financial rewards.

And their money grubbing so called "Prophet" claimed he was instructed to do so by God. . :cool:

Basically, so that Utah could join the United States as a state and reap financial rewards.

And their money grubbing so called "Prophet" claimed he was instructed to do so by God. . :cool:

Your prophet Mohammad only married a 9 year old cause he likes child sex, see how that works?

There is no evidence that the church practiced polygamy after 1890. Especially among those that lead the church. Those that claimed it was a false prophecy formed their own offshoots of the church.

Better go read the Reed Smoot hearings (1904) online, RGS. President Joseph F. Smith admitted to lying about the continuation of the practice after 1890. That set of hearings is what motivated President Smith cleared out two members (disenfranchised or excommunicated) of the Twelve and replaced every opening with a committed monogamist.

It took Presidents Smith and Grant to stomp it out inside the LDS church by the 1930s.

Last edited:

Your prophet Mohammad only married a 9 year old cause he likes child sex, see how that works?
Try to stay on topic for once Poindexter. . :cuckoo: :lol:

Better go read the Reed Smoot hearings (1904) online, RGS. President Joseph F. Smith admitted to lying about the continuation of the practice after 1890. That set of hearings is what motivated President Smith cleared out two members (disenfranchised or excommunicated) of the Twelve and replaced every opening with a committed monogamist.

It took Presidents Smith and Grant to stomp it out inside the LDS church by the 1930s.

So your "evidence " the church secretly sanctioned Polygamy after 1890 is the fact the Church rooted it out and excommunicated those that secretly continued to practice it?

Try to stay on topic for once Poindexter. . :cuckoo: :lol:

You made a claim against one of my Prophets, I returned the favor. Mohammad married a 9 year old girl. And by all accounts had sex with her. And you don't mind.

One of my Prophets was advised by God to end the practice of polygamy because it violated the laws of the Country they lived in. Or haven't you ever heard that a good follower of God is to follow the laws of the lands in which he lives in as long as they are not against Gods laws?

One of my Prophets was advised by God to end the practice of polygamy because it violated the laws of the Country they lived in. Or haven't you ever heard that a good follower of God is to follow the laws of the lands in which he lives in as long as they are not against Gods laws?
The only problem with your fantasy story is that Utah wasn't part of the U.S. when it outlawed polygamy.

Thus your fake prophet outlawed the legal practice in Utah before it joined the U.S. as a state.

Making criminals out of faithful Mormons who were following the example of their cult Prophet Joseph Smith. . :cool:

The only problem with your fantasy story is that Utah wasn't part of the U.S. when it outlawed polygamy.

Thus your fake prophet outlawed the legal practice in Utah before it joined the U.S. as a state.

Making criminals out of faithful Mormons who were following the example of their cult Prophet Joseph Smith. . :cool:

Utah was a territory of the US from 1846 on. Due to the Mexican American war. US Law applied. Once again we are not a cult. Any more then Islam is a cult of Mohammad.

Forum List

Back