Analysis Finds Trump Tax Cuts Didn’t Benefit Workers, Just Made Rich Companies Richer

TRUMP’S TAX CUTS DIDN’T BENEFIT U.S. WORKERS, MADE RICH COMPANIES RICHER, ANALYSIS FINDS

Trump and Republican leadership have long touted their tax cuts as a massive boon to America’s working class, if not through direct tax reductions or refunds, then through the trickle-down effect of bonuses and wage increases from their employers who receive massive corporate cuts. “Tax reform is working,” Republican House Speaker Paul Ryan said in January, mentioning Apple’s decision to reward a bonus of $2,500 in stock grants to some Apple employees. “Workers are coming home and telling their families they got a bonus, or they got a raise or they got better benefits.”

But a new analysis of all Fortune 500 companies found only 4.3 percent of workers will receive a one-time bonus or wage increase tied to the business tax cuts, while businesses received nine times more in cuts than what they passed on to their workers, according to Americans for Tax Fairness, a political advocacy group devoted to tax reform. The analysis also found that companies spent 37 times as much on stock buybacks than they did on bonuses and increased wages for workers.

“There are too many disingenuous claims that the Trump and Republican tax cuts for corporations will trickle down to the middle class,” said Frank Clemente, executive director of Americans for Tax Fairness. “President Trump and Republicans gave huge tax cuts to big drug companies, big oil and other corporations, but corporations are giving back little—if anything—to working families,” said Clemente. “In fact, this [analysis shows] that 433 corporations out of the Fortune 500 have announced no plans to share their tax cuts with employees.”

The newest projections by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office found that the Republican tax plan led to, in part, a 2018 deficit $242 billion higher than previously estimated.

Roughly 36 percent of Americans approve of the Republican tax cuts, according to a March Quinnipiac University Poll and a CNBC poll found that 52 percent of working adults said they had not seen a change to their paychecks since the cuts were passed.

In January, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said 90 percent of all working adults would see increases in their paychecks because of the cuts.

Hmmm, "analysis" by a far, far left group doesn't like the fact that more Americans get to keep more of their own money. Who would of thunk it. Everyone knows that progressives think they know how to spend your money better than you do so they ALWAYS come to this same conclusion. Funny how that works. In the real world though, every one of my neighbors is seeing significant tax reductions. 7,000 seems to be the average.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Put this up your ass where your head is:

The little bit increase in the pay checks this year will fade away next year and for years after that as the standard deduction remains the same, and the taxes and fees rise.

Only a fool believes a word that comes out of the mouth of Ryan or Trump.

TRUMP’S TAX CUTS DIDN’T BENEFIT U.S. WORKERS, MADE RICH COMPANIES RICHER, ANALYSIS FINDS

Trump and Republican leadership have long touted their tax cuts as a massive boon to America’s working class, if not through direct tax reductions or refunds, then through the trickle-down effect of bonuses and wage increases from their employers who receive massive corporate cuts. “Tax reform is working,” Republican House Speaker Paul Ryan said in January, mentioning Apple’s decision to reward a bonus of $2,500 in stock grants to some Apple employees. “Workers are coming home and telling their families they got a bonus, or they got a raise or they got better benefits.”

But a new analysis of all Fortune 500 companies found only 4.3 percent of workers will receive a one-time bonus or wage increase tied to the business tax cuts, while businesses received nine times more in cuts than what they passed on to their workers, according to Americans for Tax Fairness, a political advocacy group devoted to tax reform. The analysis also found that companies spent 37 times as much on stock buybacks than they did on bonuses and increased wages for workers.

“There are too many disingenuous claims that the Trump and Republican tax cuts for corporations will trickle down to the middle class,” said Frank Clemente, executive director of Americans for Tax Fairness. “President Trump and Republicans gave huge tax cuts to big drug companies, big oil and other corporations, but corporations are giving back little—if anything—to working families,” said Clemente. “In fact, this [analysis shows] that 433 corporations out of the Fortune 500 have announced no plans to share their tax cuts with employees.”

The newest projections by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office found that the Republican tax plan led to, in part, a 2018 deficit $242 billion higher than previously estimated.

Roughly 36 percent of Americans approve of the Republican tax cuts, according to a March Quinnipiac University Poll and a CNBC poll found that 52 percent of working adults said they had not seen a change to their paychecks since the cuts were passed.

In January, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said 90 percent of all working adults would see increases in their paychecks because of the cuts.

Hmmm, "analysis" by a far, far left group doesn't like the fact that more Americans get to keep more of their own money. Who would of thunk it. Everyone knows that progressives think they know how to spend your money better than you do so they ALWAYS come to this same conclusion. Funny how that works. In the real world though, every one of my neighbors is seeing significant tax reductions. 7,000 seems to be the average.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Put this up your ass where your head is:

The little bit increase in the pay checks this year will fade away next year and for years after that as the standard deduction remains the same, and the taxes and fees rise.

Only a fool believes a word that comes out of the mouth of Ryan or Trump.
your hatred of keeping your own money is noted.

What do you think those stock buy back recipients did with the money that they received by selling their stock?

What the fuck are you babbling about???

RE-read what you wrote above and apologize for your stupidity.

Well I guess really idiots like you would bury the money those wealthy evil stock buy back recipients received! Actually I bet you would probably go out and literally "blow" it!

Of course my FACTS are confusing to you! Ignorant people of how finance works resort to "babble" when they don't understand...
So just in case let me repeat:

A) What do you think those stock buy back recipients did with the money that they received by selling their stock?

1) Did they bury it in the back yard? 2) Did they put in under their mattress?

B) Did you know that these wealthy evil people had to pay 15% capital gains TAX.... if they were in a 25% or higher tax bracket?
So the government gets back 15% which I'm sure a part of which is used to make your welfare payment!

C) So if these wealthy evil people that gained from the stock buy back say put the money into
1) treasury bonds.... hmm goes back to the government... (pay your welfare check...eh?) 2) Or savings accounts... but at what interest rate???

In response to your questions above, #s 1 & 2, neither one of us knows what they all did. But I suspect some of it went into buying stocks in foreign nations, or some into banks on the Cayman Islands, or donated it to the Republican Party in their quest (which is failing) to make the US a single party system or to pay off prostitutes so as to not be subjected to the screw-teny which your darling donald is under.

I have NO doubts "SOME" did what you suggest above.
That would happen under a Democrat also...but still there are now more people working. Wages are going up because there are fewer unemployed people.

Wage growth is expected to get a boost from the strong labor market,
which is forecast to hit full employment this year. Economists expect the jobless rate to hit 3.5 percent by the end of 2018.
U.S. private payrolls rise strongly, wage growth picking up

The economy Trump inherited from Obama was well on the mend from the last Republican Administration, no matter how often you and others try to rewrite history.

Trumps promise to help the working men and women was a lie. The tax fraud he and Ryan tout,and you echo, as a benefit to the hoi polloi is utter BULLSHIT.

There are lies, damn lies and statistics and the one missing thing in your rhetoric is honesty.

Ha...ha...ha.... Guess YOU never hear of QE1,2,3 that was borrowed from the US government to support the market to the tune of nearly $4.5 TRILLION! Added to the national debt!

Ha...ha...ha? You really should stop laughing, as you are too clueless to even know the difference between fiscal and monetary policy.

Federal Reserve, by definition, does not control fiscal policy and cannot burrow ANYTHING against national debt.

Of course they can't "burrow"... You should pay more attention to reality and your spelling!
There were four phases of the QE program that lasted until October 2014.

The Fed ended up with $4.5 trillion in Treasurys and mortgage-backed securities on its balance sheet.

Once the Fed starts retiring its bonds, long-term interest rates will rise further.
That’s because there will be a greater supply of Treasurys on the market.
he U.S. Treasury will have to offer higher interest rates on the Treasurys it auctions to convince anyone to buy them.
That will make the U.S. debt more expensive for the government to pay back.
It’s a serious issue with an almost $20 trillion debt.
Furthermore, the debt-to-gross domestic product ratio is more than 100 percent.

That’s beyond a safe level. It makes lenders question whether a nation can afford to repay its loans.

A low prime rate helps companies expand and create jobs.
Low mortgage rates help people afford more expensive homes.
The Fed wanted QE to revive the housing market[Shades of the 2007 housing bubble!]. Low interest rates also reduce returns on bonds.
That turns investors toward stocks and other higher-yielding investments. For all these reasons, low interest rates help boost economic growth.

But part of the Fed's intention could have been to monetize the debt. It’s never admitted that, but it makes sense. QE helped increase government spending and boost growth. The Treasury didn't have to raise interest rates to attract buyers. That would have depressed the economy. When the economy has fully recovered, the Fed can safely reverse its QE transactions. It will sell the Treasurys it owns

How the Federal Reserve Worsens the U.S. Debt

What do you think those stock buy back recipients did with the money that they received by selling their stock?

Well I guess really idiots like you would bury the money those wealthy evil stock buy back recipients received! Actually I bet you would probably go out and literally "blow" it!

Of course my FACTS are confusing to you! Ignorant people of how finance works resort to "babble" when they don't understand...

A) What do you think those stock buy back recipients did with the money that they received by selling their stock?

B) Did you know that these wealthy evil people had to pay 15% capital gains TAX.... if they were in a 25% or higher tax bracket?
So the government gets back 15% which I'm sure a part of which is used to make your welfare payment!

C) So if these wealthy evil people that gained from the stock buy back say put the money into
1) treasury bonds.... hmm goes back to the government... (pay your welfare check...eh?) 2) Or savings accounts... but at what interest rate???

In response to your questions above, #s 1 & 2, neither one of us knows what they all did. But I suspect some of it went into buying stocks in foreign nations, or some into banks on the Cayman Islands, or donated it to the Republican Party in their quest (which is failing) to make the US a single party system or to pay off prostitutes so as to not be subjected to the screw-tany which your darling donald is under.
well first you have to understand the tax cuts. so come on back when you know what is what. Cause no more Cayman Islands was the intent of the tax cut, derp!

The myth of trickle down economics has always been known to be failed fiscal policy, but the idiotic right keeps doing the same stupid thing over and over again expecting different results.
Wow... strange... you are using the Internet. Something that didn't exist when I was 20 years old.
You walk around texting with your cell phone... when I had a brick for a cell in the 80s and very few had bricks.
And you say trickle down doesn't work. Wow...
Uh what?.... Please elaborate on how “trickle down economics” gave rise to the internet and advancements in cell phone technology.

This ought to be good :eusa_whistle:

In response to your questions above, #s 1 & 2, neither one of us knows what they all did. But I suspect some of it went into buying stocks in foreign nations, or some into banks on the Cayman Islands, or donated it to the Republican Party in their quest (which is failing) to make the US a single party system or to pay off prostitutes so as to not be subjected to the screw-teny which your darling donald is under.

That would happen under a Democrat also...but still there are now more people working. Wages are going up because there are fewer unemployed people.

which is forecast to hit full employment this year. Economists expect the jobless rate to hit 3.5 percent by the end of 2018.

The economy Trump inherited from Obama was well on the mend from the last Republican Administration, no matter how often you and others try to rewrite history.

Trumps promise to help the working men and women was a lie. The tax fraud he and Ryan tout,and you echo, as a benefit to the hoi polloi is utter BULLSHIT.

There are lies, damn lies and statistics and the one missing thing in your rhetoric is honesty.
2.1 GDP is not an economy on the mend. learn your economics please if you wish a discussion here.

The myth of trickle down economics has always been known to be failed fiscal policy, but the idiotic right keeps doing the same stupid thing over and over again expecting different results.
Wow... strange... you are using the Internet. Something that didn't exist when I was 20 years old.
You walk around texting with your cell phone... when I had a brick for a cell in the 80s and very few had bricks.
Uh what?.... Please elaborate on how “trickle down economics” gave rise to the internet and advancements in cell phone technology.

define trickle down economics, let's hear your version and who came up with the name.

Strange. How many threads have we seen by leftist on this forum decrying the fact that the wealthy could no longer deduct taxes paid to the State they live int?

The rich are paying more, and their response to tax cuts is the same as it was 30 years ago.

In response to your questions above, #s 1 & 2, neither one of us knows what they all did. But I suspect some of it went into buying stocks in foreign nations, or some into banks on the Cayman Islands, or donated it to the Republican Party in their quest (which is failing) to make the US a single party system or to pay off prostitutes so as to not be subjected to the screw-tany which your darling donald is under.
well first you have to understand the tax cuts. so come on back when you know what is what. Cause no more Cayman Islands was the intent of the tax cut, derp!
Let’s see....you’re the same guy who tried to tell me that gun reform advocates are infringing on your second amendment rights by peacefully protesting. You’re also the same guy who doesn’t understand how primary elections work. So, yeah...you don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about on any given subject.

2.1 GDP is not an economy on the mend. learn your economics please if you wish a discussion here.

Where did you get 2.1 GDP?

Let’s see....you’re the same guy who tried to tell me that gun reform advocates are infringing on your second amendment rights by peacefully protesting. You’re also the same guy who doesn’t understand how primary elections work. So, yeah...you don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about on any given subject.
so you don't know, go read up. learn what repatriation means

So you are someone that believes that the Internet and cell phones should ONLY be for people that can afford them right?

define trickle down economics, let's hear your version and who came up with the name.
Trickle down economics is the fantasy that by giving the wealthy tax cuts, they’ll go against all they stand for and pass their good fortune on to the less fortunate in the form of jobs and opportunities. It didn’t work in the 80s and it’s not going to work now. When the wealthy get more money, they keep it

so you don't know, go read up. learn what repatriation means
Again, you don’t know shit about shit.

Trickle down economics is the fantasy that by giving the wealthy tax cuts, they’ll go against all they stand for and pass their good fortune on to the less fortunate in the form of jobs and opportunities. It didn’t work in the 80s and it’s not going to work now. When the wealthy get more money, they keep it
No, they use it to make more money. It is how they became rich to begin.

Where did you get 2.1 GDP?
Donald Trump Says U.S. Never Hit 3% GDP Growth Under Obama — But It's Misleading

"Annual GDP Growth During Obama Era"

go here and if you go to the one graph on the page and average out the years, you'll get a 2.1428571 GDP over obammy's economy.

The study is wrong. The bill put more money into the pockets of working Americans by reducing the rates and increasing the standard deduction, which most American working people take.

Any claims to the contrary is nothing more than butthurt Left Wing fake news. It is amazing how the Left will lie, isn't it?

I am getting a $2K tax break this year because of the tax cut. If you are not getting one then you are doing it wrong.

so people didn't have jobs in the 80's? well unemployment is down today. isn't that private business creating jobs? who deemed the phrase? it was whacky demolosers who couldn't figure out how to explain the success, so instead made up a myth.

Forum List

Back