And once again...they fall for a hoax

You would think you nuts would have figured it out after the first hoax that resulted in a militia member shooting himself in the leg.
I don't think someone shooting himself in the leg has anything one way or the other to do with this string of
hoaxes.
The right could send out false signals that Nazis or the Klan were coming to Delaware but they don't
play around like that.

They don’t?

The Twazis who control Twitter have very little in the way of credibility. It's why Parler is rising and Twitter is falling.
Parler is owned and operated by the Chinese. So just be careful.
Informative....I never heard that before...
seems shes lying again,,,

Sorry. Read on. Someone lied to me.
just more proof you will believe what anyone tells you without looking it up for yourself,,,it took me 30 seconds

that means you are willfully ignorant as I said yesterday,,,
Thanks.
just remember it for next time someone tells you youre wrong,,,
Assuming they are right....
At least this time, I hope they took walk around the battlefield and actually learned some history.

But what is worrisome is that anonymous people seem intent on creating and provoking potentially lethal confrontations among groups and exploiting if not widening divisions.

who are these people?

GETTYSBURG NATIONAL MILITARY PARK, PA. — For weeks, a mysterious figure on social media talked up plans for antifa protesters to converge on this historical site on Independence Day to burn American flags, an event that seemed at times to border on the farcical.

“Let’s get together and burn flags in protest of thugs and animals in blue,” the anonymous person behind a Facebook page called Left Behind USA wrote in mid-June. There would be antifa face paint, the person wrote, and organizers would “be giving away free small flags to children to safely throw into the fire.”

As word spread, self-proclaimed militias, bikers, skinheads and far-right groups from outside the state issued a call to action, pledging in online videos and posts to come to Gettysburg to protect the Civil War monuments and the nation’s flag from desecration. Some said they would bring firearms and use force if necessary.

On Saturday afternoon, in the hours before the flag burning was to start, they flooded in by the hundreds — heavily armed and unaware, it seemed, that the mysterious Internet poster was not who the person claimed to be.

The episode at Gettysburg is a stark illustration of how shadowy figures on social media have stoked fears about the protests against racial injustice and excessive police force that have swept across the nation since the death of George Floyd in police custody on May 25.

Armed vigilantes lined the streets of small Idaho towns last month after false claims circulated online about antifa, a loose collection of activists who oppose fascism and have sometimes embraced property damage and violent protest in recent years. Similar hoaxes have befallen towns in New Jersey, South Dakota and Michigan in recent weeks.

Seems to me they should be looking for the instigator a little harder. But tell me, did these 'vigilantes' burn down a City? Did they burn cop cars? Did they loot? Did they desecrate the area? Of course they didn't but OH BOY would WaPo (and you) have loved to hang that one on Trump!!!

What does that have to do with the topic? How is Trump even part of this discussion?

Do you think hoaxes like these are good? I don’t...
As hoaxes go this one was pretty benign thanks to the guys who showed up and realized there was nothing to be done so they went home.

This time.

But like the hoax about Antifa burning the burbs...you’ve got armed people, high on adrenaline, believing it...twitchy. What if the opposing group saw it and decided to join in?
doesnt matter if they were right,,based on the last months events there was a clear and present danger of it happening and they acted appropriately,,,

This time.

But like the hoax about Antifa burning the burbs...you’ve got armed people, high on adrenaline, believing it...twitchy. What if the opposing group saw it and decided to join in?

Maybe the White crazies and the Black crazies will face off and kill each other. Peace to the land once more..... :eusa_dance:

You would think you nuts would have figured it out after the first hoax that resulted in a militia member shooting himself in the leg.
I don't think someone shooting himself in the leg has anything one way or the other to do with this string of
hoaxes.
The right could send out false signals that Nazis or the Klan were coming to Delaware but they don't
play around like that.

They don’t?

The Twazis who control Twitter have very little in the way of credibility. It's why Parler is rising and Twitter is falling.

just more proof you will believe what anyone tells you without looking it up for yourself,,,it took me 30 seconds

Thanks.
At least this time, I hope they took walk around the battlefield and actually learned some history.

But what is worrisome is that anonymous people seem intent on creating and provoking potentially lethal confrontations among groups and exploiting if not widening divisions.

who are these people?

GETTYSBURG NATIONAL MILITARY PARK, PA. — For weeks, a mysterious figure on social media talked up plans for antifa protesters to converge on this historical site on Independence Day to burn American flags, an event that seemed at times to border on the farcical.

“Let’s get together and burn flags in protest of thugs and animals in blue,” the anonymous person behind a Facebook page called Left Behind USA wrote in mid-June. There would be antifa face paint, the person wrote, and organizers would “be giving away free small flags to children to safely throw into the fire.”

As word spread, self-proclaimed militias, bikers, skinheads and far-right groups from outside the state issued a call to action, pledging in online videos and posts to come to Gettysburg to protect the Civil War monuments and the nation’s flag from desecration. Some said they would bring firearms and use force if necessary.

On Saturday afternoon, in the hours before the flag burning was to start, they flooded in by the hundreds — heavily armed and unaware, it seemed, that the mysterious Internet poster was not who the person claimed to be.

The episode at Gettysburg is a stark illustration of how shadowy figures on social media have stoked fears about the protests against racial injustice and excessive police force that have swept across the nation since the death of George Floyd in police custody on May 25.

Armed vigilantes lined the streets of small Idaho towns last month after false claims circulated online about antifa, a loose collection of activists who oppose fascism and have sometimes embraced property damage and violent protest in recent years. Similar hoaxes have befallen towns in New Jersey, South Dakota and Michigan in recent weeks.

Seems to me they should be looking for the instigator a little harder. But tell me, did these 'vigilantes' burn down a City? Did they burn cop cars? Did they loot? Did they desecrate the area? Of course they didn't but OH BOY would WaPo (and you) have loved to hang that one on Trump!!!

What does that have to do with the topic? How is Trump even part of this discussion?

As hoaxes go this one was pretty benign thanks to the guys who showed up and realized there was nothing to be done so they went home.

This time.

doesnt matter if they were right,,based on the last months events there was a clear and present danger of it happening and they acted appropriately,,,

No. There wasn’t. And, even if Antifa planned this, it is within their free speech rights.

hoaxes.
play around like that.

They don’t?

Thanks.

who are these people?

This time.

No. There wasn’t. And, even if Antifa planned this, it is within their free speech rights.
destroying memorials and statues is within their right???

we have a name for people that thinks thats OK,,,

hoaxes.
play around like that.

They don’t?

Thanks.

who are these people?

This time.

Hey Coyote, check out the Forum guidelines to create a quote of just what you want to reply to. This thread is getting LOOOONG legs. Hey if a lunk head MAGA guy like me can do it an Erudite lefty scholar such as yourself can certainly figure it out.

hoaxes.
play around like that.

They don’t?

Thanks.

who are these people?

This time.

You didn’t read the OP did you? Not referencing statues. That is not the topic.
hoaxes.
play around like that.

They don’t?

Thanks.

who are these people?

This time.

Hey Coyote, check out the Forum guidelines to create a quote of just what you want to reply to. This thread is getting LOOOONG legs. Hey if a lunk head MAGA guy like me can do it an Erudite lefty scholar such as yourself can certainly figure it out.
Good point.

Care to say anything on the topic or are you here just to troll?

hoaxes.
play around like that.

They don’t?

Thanks.

who are these people?

This time.

You didn’t read the OP did you? Not referencing statues. That is not the topic.
hoaxes.
play around like that.

They don’t?

Thanks.

who are these people?

This time.

Good point.

Care to say anything on the topic or are you here just to troll?
just because you want to dismiss them doesnt mean they arent a factor,,
in fact you dismissing the book burning thats going on right now is disturbing,,,

there was a clear and present danger and they acted accordingly,,,

in fact you dismissing the book burning thats going on right now is disturbing,,,

what “book burning” am I “dismissing” and what does that have to do with the hoax?

What I am saying is they did not have major organized role in them. From what I read, the forces behind the violence varied from locale to locale, most of it spontaneous and opportunistic. In some cases Antifa and some cases white supremacists. I flat out do not trust Barr, who imo, does the bidding of Trump.

When it comes to violence in riots...there is often a tipping point where a mob mentality takes over. That is pretty well documented. There are also documented incidences of instigators attempting to turn peaceful protests violent. Both white supremacists and Antifa have been implicated there. Where I disagree with you is the impression that there is some sort of master plan orchestrating this.

We can agree to disagree about Barr, I think he's a straight shooter that doesn't play political favorites OR do Trump's bidding, otherwise he would've indicted Peter Strzok. I do believe he's far better than Holder or Lynch was, or Sessions for that matter.

I do think Antifa has a major organized role in what's going on in Portland, and there are reports of people coming to riots from out of state. Whether that constitute some sort of master plan is open to question but I don't see much that tells me George Soros or any other person is orchestrating all this upheaval. It could be primarily locals with some outside agitators, but one thing does bother me. I think it was the day after the protest started in Minneapolis, there were pictures and reports of pallets of bricks suddenly in the downtown area where thing got bad and people started smashing windows with the bricks and the burning and looting. Where did those bricks come from, who paid for them and had them transported to where the riots were going on. I never did get an explanation for that. Doesn't prove nothin', but I wonder about it.

What I am saying is they did not have major organized role in them. From what I read, the forces behind the violence varied from locale to locale, most of it spontaneous and opportunistic. In some cases Antifa and some cases white supremacists. I flat out do not trust Barr, who imo, does the bidding of Trump.

When it comes to violence in riots...there is often a tipping point where a mob mentality takes over. That is pretty well documented. There are also documented incidences of instigators attempting to turn peaceful protests violent. Both white supremacists and Antifa have been implicated there. Where I disagree with you is the impression that there is some sort of master plan orchestrating this.

We can agree to disagree about Barr, I think he's a straight shooter that doesn't play political favorites OR do Trump's bidding, otherwise he would've indicted Peter Strzok. I do believe he's far better than Holder or Lynch was, or Sessions for that matter.

I do think Antifa has a major organized role in what's going on in Portland, and there are reports of people coming to riots from out of state. Whether that constitute some sort of master plan is open to question but I don't see much that tells me George Soros or any other person is orchestrating all this upheaval. It could be primarily locals with some outside agitators, but one thing does bother me. I think it was the day after the protest started in Minneapolis, there were pictures and reports of pallets of bricks suddenly in the downtown area where thing got bad and people started smashing windows with the bricks and the burning and looting. Where did those bricks come from, who paid for them and had them transported to where the riots were going on. I never did get an explanation for that. Doesn't prove nothin', but I wonder about it.
I think that is where it is easy to build a conspiracy theory rather than look for a rational explanation. One side believes police positioned them, the believes protesters did :lol:

what “book burning” am I “dismissing” and what does that have to do with the hoax?
it wasnt a hoax,,,thats why youre having a problem understanding it all,,,

Perhaps you can prove it was not a hoax then :)

Perhaps you can prove it was not a hoax then :)
have you not watched the news for the last month???
it was a clear and present danger,,,

this thread should be in the conspiracy theory or flame zone not current events,,,

I think that is where it is easy to build a conspiracy theory rather than look for a rational explanation. One side believes police positioned them, the believes protesters did :lol:

I am super-pissed to have been misled. It shouldn't be so damned hard to tell the whole truth.

who are these people?

Remember when flash mobs were fun and innocent?

Maybe he is just a very clever troll....this part is sort of funny. They fell for the same hoax three years ago.

A Facebook page called Central PA Antifa quickly denounced the event as fake, likening it to a hoax in Gettysburg three years ago.
In 2017, rumors of an antifa event at the national park prompted a large group of armed militia members to show up. They encountered no one from antifa, but one of the armed militia members accidentally shot himself in the leg with a revolver.

But wait... Antifa was not supposed to exist?
I don’t know who claimed that, but you have been misinformed.

The media that you consistently whore to told me that.
Link. Or admit you whore your rightwing masters.

Men don't whore Coyote. But both men and women can follow what is going on in the forum they moderate.

The far left posters Lyistrata and Dragonlady at minimum believe (or believed) that Antifa does not exist. Perhaps you should convince them they exist, once all are convinced, perhaps then we can plan on how to eliminate the terrorists.

They are a small non organized group of radicals that you on the right have built up into something more. And you have people believing it so strongly they get swallowed by these hoaxes.
They are all over the country and they attack republicans every god damn chance they get. They come to our rallies and they come to our protests and they attack us. It has been happening for years and there are THOUSANDS of assaults racked up at this point. Do you have any idea how insulting it is to hear people like you suggest that it isnt a big deal?
Of course they exist. I've seen them fighting right wingers. They come ready to rumble. So do the right wingers, if the things people say on this board are true. Everyone comes with their banner and their shield, right?
Hopefully they get arrested just as fast as the right wingers if they started it. But honestly, this talk about who is more to blame for the fights that break out at political protests--it reminds me of nothing so much as the poor elementary school principal standing there listening to two fourth graders both loudly howling "but HE started it." Suspend 'em both and listen to both kid's parents holler about it.
No, no, no. You arent getting off that easy. You are acting like both parties do it. That is complete bullshit. You cannot name a single democrat rally or protest where mobs of republicans showed up and attacked them. Only democrats do that. Obama never had violent republicans show up to his rallies, nor Hillary, or Biden, or anyone else.
Since when were we talking about political rallies? What I was talking about, where they mix it up at protests like were in Charlottesville and at many alt-right rallies and left-wing rallies, it IS both parties cruisin' for a bruisin. That's all I have to say about it.
Youre being dishonest about who is doing the vast majority of the attacking.

Maybe he is just a very clever troll....this part is sort of funny. They fell for the same hoax three years ago.

A Facebook page called Central PA Antifa quickly denounced the event as fake, likening it to a hoax in Gettysburg three years ago.
In 2017, rumors of an antifa event at the national park prompted a large group of armed militia members to show up. They encountered no one from antifa, but one of the armed militia members accidentally shot himself in the leg with a revolver.

But wait... Antifa was not supposed to exist?
I don’t know who claimed that, but you have been misinformed.

The media that you consistently whore to told me that.
Link. Or admit you whore your rightwing masters.

Men don't whore Coyote. But both men and women can follow what is going on in the forum they moderate.

The far left posters Lyistrata and Dragonlady at minimum believe (or believed) that Antifa does not exist. Perhaps you should convince them they exist, once all are convinced, perhaps then we can plan on how to eliminate the terrorists.

They are a small non organized group of radicals that you on the right have built up into something more. And you have people believing it so strongly they get swallowed by these hoaxes.
They are all over the country and they attack republicans every god damn chance they get. They come to our rallies and they come to our protests and they attack us. It has been happening for years and there are THOUSANDS of assaults racked up at this point. Do you have any idea how insulting it is to hear people like you suggest that it isnt a big deal?
Of course they exist. I've seen them fighting right wingers. They come ready to rumble. So do the right wingers, if the things people say on this board are true. Everyone comes with their banner and their shield, right?
Hopefully they get arrested just as fast as the right wingers if they started it. But honestly, this talk about who is more to blame for the fights that break out at political protests--it reminds me of nothing so much as the poor elementary school principal standing there listening to two fourth graders both loudly howling "but HE started it." Suspend 'em both and listen to both kid's parents holler about it.
No, no, no. You arent getting off that easy. You are acting like both parties do it. That is complete bullshit. You cannot name a single democrat rally or protest where mobs of republicans showed up and attacked them. Only democrats do that. Obama never had violent republicans show up to his rallies, nor Hillary, or Biden, or anyone else.
Since when were we talking about political rallies? What I was talking about, where they mix it up at protests like were in Charlottesville and at many alt-right rallies and left-wing rallies, it IS both parties cruisin' for a bruisin. That's all I have to say about it.

There are idiots on both sides, no question. But right now there is no moral equivalency. Cities like Minneapolis didn't get half a billion dollars of damage done by vast right wing gangs. Statues and monuments are not being torn down by vast right wing gangs.

The destruction happening is overwhelmingly coming from the far left. That is the simple truth. To imply otherwise is frankly ridiculous.
We (or at least I) was not talking about the recent riots. I was talking about fisticuffs and skull cracking at protests where both sides came achin for a fight. That's what my remarks have been about.

Fair enough. But I think a good point was made. I have not seen a single Conservative express any support for right wing goons. But I have seen massive support for Left wing goons expressed by the main stream media and many Left wingers on this board.

That tells a lot about where we are as a Country and where the Left is right now.
That is odd. I have not seen “massive” support here or elsewhere for riots or Antifa’s thuggery. I see support for causes, but not for that behavior. In that sense it is no different than the right, here, supporting white identity and rights, but not supporting the violence of the extremists.
You sure as hell arent vigorously condemning it. When anyone brings up these democrat rioters, what is the first thing you people say? You say, "It was mostly peaceful protests.". You instantly change the subject and never talk about the bad shit your side is doing. You just make excuses. That is why you are complicit.

Forum List

Back