And What Has the Tea Party Accomplished?

Flopper

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2010
Washington
Standard & Poor’s is estimating that the shutdown will cut about 0.6 percent off inflation-adjusted gross domestic product, equivalent to $24 billion. Most analysts are predicting that growth will remain subpar, at an annual pace of 2 percent or less.

A new report from Macroeconomic Advisers, prepared for the Peter G. Peterson Foundation, estimates the costs of the fiscal uncertainty of the last few years. Its model suggests that uncertainty since late 2009 has increased certain corporate borrowing costs by 0.38 percentage point; lowered economic growth over that period by 0.3 percent a year, costing at least $150 billion in lost output; and left this year’s unemployment rate higher by 0.6 percentage point. That translates to 900,000 jobs lost.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/17/b...the-economy-from-the-fiscal-impasse.html?_r=0

Standard & Poor’s is estimating that the shutdown will cut about 0.6 percent off inflation-adjusted gross domestic product, equivalent to $24 billion. Most analysts are predicting that growth will remain subpar, at an annual pace of 2 percent or less.

A new report from Macroeconomic Advisers, prepared for the Peter G. Peterson Foundation, estimates the costs of the fiscal uncertainty of the last few years. Its model suggests that uncertainty since late 2009 has increased certain corporate borrowing costs by 0.38 percentage point; lowered economic growth over that period by 0.3 percent a year, costing at least $150 billion in lost output; and left this year’s unemployment rate higher by 0.6 percentage point. That translates to 900,000 jobs lost.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/17/b...the-economy-from-the-fiscal-impasse.html?_r=0

I know this will come as a shock to you, but economic modeling has little to do with the real world. If it did, the markets would cease to work.

I'm sure there are quite a few sheep out there who will happily graze on the fodder the leftist press is feeding them.

Keynesian flunkies and leftists in general continue their quixotic quest to repeal the law of supply and demand.

Move on. There's nothing to see here.

It got you to start this stupid thread. That's something, right? :)

They fulfilled their campaign promises to attempt to defund and/or delay Obamacare.

This was a pledge to their voters. Now you may not like it, other Republicans may not like it but it truly doesn't matter what you or any one else thinks.

These good men and women actually lived up to their constituents expectations of them.

It's called being a "public servant" instead of an inside the beltway politician. A rare breed. Almost extinct in America.

Last edited:
They fulfilled their campaign promises to attempt to defund and/or delay Obamacare.

This was a pledge to their voters. Now you may not like it, other Republicans may not like it but it truly doesn't matter what you or any one else thinks.

These good men and women actually lived up to their constituents expectations of them.

It's called being a "public servant" instead of an inside the beltway politician. A rare breed. Almost extinct in America.

Yes, and it only cost 24 billion tax-payer dollars to fulfill their campaign promises to attempt to defund and/or delay Obamacare.

Last edited:

It's called failure and putting a smiley face on it.

The Tea Party got NOTHING.

They ended up asking for about 18 or 20 different stupid things that have nothing to do with anything that is actually a priority.

Maybe that's they're plan: just hold everything up and hope Obama doesn't get to pass ANYTHING, no matter how innocuous. He's evil, he's the enemy, he's probably not even American, we KNOW he's Muslim, so he must be stopped!

It's the yahoos in America getting center stage all the time, while all the rest of us ended up throwing tomatoes at them the whole time because we all clearly knew that this mess was their doing, no matter how delusional they are to believe that it's other people's fault.

I imagine the country will kick the Tea Party out next November in another wave election. You can feel it out there even from normal Republicans. Not even they can stand the Tea Party anymore.

The Tea Party got our attention, but since being in power the last couple years, their popularity has long since crested and continues to go down.

You know there's something out there, because the Republicans I know are all done with the Tea Party. They seem them as a bunch of yokels who only seem to care about getting the spotlight so they be stupid instead of actually participating and helping to get shit done for the country.

Anyone?

TEA

T.E.A.

Tee Hee.

As in they really fucked up. Tee Hee.

It's been a hoot watching you unravel more and more as I've popped by right wing nut land from time to time over the last few months.

You guys got curb stomped the last few weeks. Good.

loo, you are a moron if you think the TPM lost this thing, as in they did not achieve their realistic goals.

But think what you want, idiotlogue

The Tea Party got NOTHING.

They ended up asking for about 18 or 20 different stupid things that have nothing to do with anything that is actually a priority.

Maybe that's they're plan: just hold everything up and hope Obama doesn't get to pass ANYTHING, no matter how innocuous. He's evil, he's the enemy, he's probably not even American, we KNOW he's Muslim, so he must be stopped!

It's the yahoos in America getting center stage all the time, while all the rest of us ended up throwing tomatoes at them the whole time because we all clearly knew that this mess was their doing, no matter how delusional they are to believe that it's other people's fault.

I imagine the country will kick the Tea Party out next November in another wave election. You can feel it out there even from normal Republicans. Not even they can stand the Tea Party anymore.

The Tea Party got our attention, but since being in power the last couple years, their popularity has long since crested and continues to go down.

You know there's something out there, because the Republicans I know are all done with the Tea Party. They seem them as a bunch of yokels who only seem to care about getting the spotlight so they be stupid instead of actually participating and helping to get shit done for the country.

lol, bullshit.

Hume: Tea Party pushed budget stand-off because GOP 'utterly failed' to restrain bloated gov't | Fox News

"Veteran political observers on both the left and right are still trying to figure out what the House Tea Party caucus and its Senate pied piper Ted Cruz were thinking when they insisted on using the threat of a government shutdown to defund ObamaCare.

"It was a hopeless strategy that has not only failed in its stated goal, but helped send the Republican Party to its lowest favorability ratings ever.

"In conventional terms, it seems inexplicable, but Senator Cruz and his adherents do not view things in conventional terms. They look back over the past half-century, including the supposedly golden era of Ronald Reagan, and see the uninterrupted forward march of the American left. Entitlement spending never stopped growing. The regulatory state continued to expand. The national debt grew and grew and finally in the Obama years, exploded. They see an American population becoming unrecognizable from the free and self-reliant people they thought they knew. And they see the Republican Party as having utterly failed to stop the drift toward an unfree nation supervised by an overweening and bloated bureaucracy. They are not interested in Republican policies that merely slow the growth of this leviathan. They want to stop it and reverse it. And they want to show their supporters they'll try anything to bring that about.

"And if some of those things turn out to be reckless and doomed, well so be it."

In other words, they stood on principle, kept their campaign promises, and raised the visibility of the flaws in Obamacare and the outrageous stupid spending we are doing.

I say goals achieved.

Anyone?

TEA

T.E.A.

Until they actually are a party it means nothing.

That will hopefully be remedied in the near future. The GOP is a dead wasteland.

If the GOP is truly a dead wasteland, it's only because the tea baggers made it so.

I really hate it when some fringe idiots think they can hold my country hostage, just because they don't like who the President is.

And yeah...............it's MY country, because I spent over 20 years of my life defending it.

I hope Cruz and all his other idiot followers are drummed out of office at the earliest convenience (like the next election), or driven out of office because they have some scandal in their past that puts them on the fast track for resignation.

If that doesn't work, I'd settle for them being hit by a Mack truck and being incapacitated.

Democrats voting in lockstep .... nothing to be proud of there

Do not think, you must conform to Fearless Leader...:whip:

Well, looks like this might not bode well for President Obama's reelection, so there's that, I guess.

:eusa_angel:

It other words, they got a chance to talk their shit on an even bigger stage even though they knew they were going to lose and even worse they'll be voted out next November. Barking isn't accomplishing shit.

Forum List

Back