Anger as Republicans block bill to help military veterans exposed to toxins

I don't deny anything you are claiming. But here is the thing, like funding for Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Pell Grants, and CONGRESSIONAL PENSIONS, funding for health care benefits for Veterans is always NON-DISCRETIONARY. I mean what good is a health insurance policy if the benefits are capped. And yes, prior to the ACA many were. That is precisely what making that spending discretionary would have done, it would have capped them. So, you are a Vet, you have lung cancer and you need treatment. But oh, so sorry, Toomey's amendment passed, and there is no money for your treatment because we just hit the cap on discretionary spending. Just die, thank you for your service.

Dude, that is exactly what you are supporting. Wake up, pull your head out of your ass, take off the partisan blinders. Again, I can't think of anything more stupid than ordering members of the military to stand around a fire pit that is burning toxic waste. I mean if it was me, I would hold those officers liable for the damage and save the government the money. But that ain't the way it works. They served, the deserved to be treated, budget constraints, caps on spending, be damned. I mean at the very least, if you want to maintain your position shift Congressional pension funding to discretionary. I mean how the hell are they more special than our fighting men and women?
So, them changing from discretionary to mandatory at the last second means nothing to you? Got it.

The whole reason they did that is they want to cram 400 billion dollars in unrelated spending onto this bill that has nothing to do with veterans.

I WILL CAPTIALIZE IT FOR YOU BUTT BRAIN.

THEY ARE ATTEMPTING TO MAKE IT SO 400 BILLION DOLLARD WOULD BE SPENT ON UNRELATED SPENDING FOR VETERANS.

So, the Republicans made it so that the spending would ONLY BE FOR VETERANS and that means the democrats USED THE VETERANS AS POLITICAL TOOLS anticipating the Republicans rejecting such wrecklessness.

Here you are falling right in line with their typical identity politics shit.

Dance for us monkey. You are a loser pretending to be smart. Typical ignorant virtue signaling hypocritical loser.

US will spend $777.7 billion on national defense this yr. Shouldn’t this include taking care of our veterans?

I say to Senator Toomey, if you don't believe we can afford to take care of our veterans suffering from toxic burn pit exposure, then you should not have approved funding to go to war. Taking care of our veterans is the cost of war – period. End of discussion
Hi loser. Basque sucks. Spain > Basque

400 million over ten years is not going to fucking raise taxes OR increase inflation
Typical of fuggin pseudo-liberals, libturd Dumbocrats.
Either you are illiterate and can't do math, or are intentionally lying.

As pointed out on page 42, post #837 here, in excerpts from "Stars and Stripes" we are looking at $300-600 BILLION in additional Federal spending over the next ten years, for this main focus of the Bill plus the added "amendments"(riders attached), which will increase taxes and debt obligation passed onto citizens/taxpayers. That's a thousand times or more than the figure you present (in error, or intended disinformation).

Heck, even if it was only in the millions, that still raises taxes and is a debt owed by the citizens and taxpayers.

Guess you neither understand how government and finances work nor grasp basic economics.

The bullshit here, peddled by the loonie Leftists whom rarely care for our military, active and veteran, is that the issue of exposure to toxic fumes/elements while in service should not need special legislation to treat and deal with. Such care should already be available as a normal function of service in the military and by the apparatchiks whom run the DoD.

So, them changing from discretionary to mandatory at the last second means nothing to you? Got it.

The whole reason they did that is they want to cram 400 billion dollars in unrelated spending onto this bill that has nothing to do with veterans.

I WILL CAPTIALIZE IT FOR YOU BUTT BRAIN.

THEY ARE ATTEMPTING TO MAKE IT SO 400 BILLION DOLLARD WOULD BE SPENT ON UNRELATED SPENDING FOR VETERANS.

So, the Republicans made it so that the spending would ONLY BE FOR VETERANS and that means the democrats USED THE VETERANS AS POLITICAL TOOLS anticipating the Republicans rejecting such wrecklessness.

Here you are falling right in line with their typical identity politics shit.

Dance for us monkey. You are a loser pretending to be smart. Typical ignorant virtue signaling hypocritical loser.
God dammit FUCKHEAD. It was never changed. It was always "non-discretionary". There was no last minute change and that has been documented numerous times within this thread by the posting of the bills.

And look, I know things are difficult when you have a fourth grade education, but hey, grab a dictionary. I mean do you know the meaning of the word "discretionary"? Look it up. Hell, it appears you don't even know the meaning of the prefix "non", so look that up too.

I mean I know I am going over your head here, but the whole reason the Republicans want it changed to discretionary is that that would subject the spending to numerous caps from several different existing laws. Their lame argument is that, by exempting this spending to those caps, other spending can be initiated. The problem is that still takes Congressional approval.

Again, VA health care benefits are never financed with "discretionary" spending, for good damn reason. Again, lung cancer from exposure to toxic fumes from burn pits. Hell, it's stage four. Oh, you need treatment or you are going to die? Oh well, sorry to inform you, Toomey's amendment passed and we have hit the spending cap. Die motherfucker, thank you for your service. Is that really the position you want to support? But no worries, the Congressional pension is funded with non-discretionary funding. Spending forty hours a week telemarketing for campaign donations is so much more important than defending this country. So sorry, as Trump said about Vets, you were a sucker. You should have ran for Congress. Then YOU WOULDN"T BE DYING.

Forum List

Back