Anger as Republicans block bill to help military veterans exposed to toxins

GOP Sen. Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania, who voted against the bill, said it includes a "budget gimmick that would allow $400 billion of current law spending to be moved from the discretionary to the mandatory spending category."
Bullshit designed to keep from spending on necessary Vet healthcare
"By failing to remove this gimmick, Congress would effectively be using an important veterans care bill to hide a massive, unrelated spending binge," he said in a statement.
Unrelated your ass...ya fucking liar

And he's a shameless liar who butters his bread with ignorant, gullible people.

The idea in the bill was to move the funding ONLY FOR THE PROGRAMS IN THE BILL to mandatory spending instead of discretionary, precisely to keep Republican assholes from slashing the program later.
Evidence? That makes no sense. Why would this program need to be permanent? Are veterans exposed to toxicity going to live forever, as long as the 400 Billions keeps being spent?

Sorry, dude! Your side should have put that pork in the first version, if they were going to pull this. Maybe they did it out of anger that their Jan 6th TDS committee was such a disaster. Now, the GOP is on record for supporting a version of the bill that the Democrats overwhelmingly supported also. Attacking them now only makes you look foolish and week.
This guy merely found a dubious talking point that he knew would fool his audience (you) to shield his true motive:

Blocking anything that could look like an accomplishment for demicrats.
They surely need an accomplishment, I'll give you that. Too bad they screwed this one up. I wonder why the GOP was willing to let the Dems have their accomplishment before the pork was put in the bill?

Bullshit designed to keep from spending on necessary Vet healthcare

Unrelated your ass...ya fucking liar
Oh noooes!

Your talking screaming point fell flat under the weight of facts. Now yer so angwee!

Xin loi, my man!

How funny. The Republicans who signed off on Trump's $8 trillion of debt are suddenly worried about too much spending.

Hypocrites. I'm sick of 'em.
The don't give a shit about the defecits. They're a bunch of craven well fed assholes who won't help anyone who doesn't come a calling with a check to hand over.

The idea in the bill was to move the funding ONLY FOR THE PROGRAMS IN THE BILL to mandatory spending instead of discretionary, precisely to keep Republican assholes from slashing the program later.
Evidence? That makes no sense.

Of what? Be specific, without speechifying.
Evidence that the idea in the bill was to move the funding ONLY FOR THE PROGRAMS IN THE BILL to mandatory spending instead of discretionary, precisely to keep Republican assholes from slashing the program later.

Non-speechy enough for you?

Evidence that the idea in the bill was to move the funding ONLY FOR THE PROGRAMS IN THE BILL to mandatory spending instead of discretionary
All of the coverage of what is in the bill. All of it. You should have read some of it before commenting, it appears?

It authorizes $280 billion in mandatory spending, and it moves $400 billion that was already authorized for the program from discretionary to mandatory spending.

Spending any of it on something else would require going through a totally bipartisan process. That comes with the mandatory part.

All of the coverage of what is in the bill. All of it. You should have read some of it before commenting, it appears?

It authorizes $280 billion in mandatory spending, and it moves $400 billion that was already authorized for the program from discretionary to mandatory spending.

Spending any of it on something else would require going through a totally bipartisan process. That comes with the mandatory part.
That's an argument, not evidence. You're just guessing, as far as I know. I posted quotes.

But, I know this kind of evidence based debate doesn't come naturally to everyone, and I was surprised and impressed by your stance in the thread "drunk moron shot by police" or whatever it was, so I'll be nice and not require actual evidence (this one post).

Why would the Senate Democrats have voted overwhelmingly, hand in hand with their Republican colleagues, for this bill without the mandator spending move, if it is so vital? Are House Dems that much smarter than the ones in the Senate?

That's an argument, not evidence.
Uh, this is not an argument. Dio you even know what an argument is? These are just facts of the bill that weas just blocked.

I repeat:

There's your evidence. The facts of the bill. What else ya want?

Bullshit - They already voted on the same bill.

The Military Times reported Republicans scuttled the PACT Act because of “a surprise deal on health care and environmental policies announced by Senate Democratic leaders.” In other words, Schumer and Sen. Joe Manchin struck a deal on a domestic package, and Republicans were so outraged by Democratic efforts to govern that the Senate GOP threw a tantrum — one that would undermine veterans’ needs.
The Democrats were hoping their bullshit pork would be buried deep but it got exposed. So, the Democrats “care” so much about the military that they must insert environmental pork.

Uh, this is not an argument. Dio you even know what an argument is? These are just facts of the bill that weas just blocked.

I repeat:

There's your evidence. The facts of the bill. What else ya want?
That is not evidence, those are your words.

But I said I'd accept no evidence this time. Just for the pleasure of seeing you answer my questions. I'll repeat them, since they slipped your mind.

Why would the Senate Democrats have voted overwhelmingly, hand in hand with their Republican colleagues, for this bill without the mandator spending move, if it is so vital? Are House Dems that much smarter than the ones in the Senate?

No evidence needed, I'm taking your word that someone told you that is what happened. Can you explain, or not?

The VFW was happy with the original bill, that the GOP Senators voted overwhelmingly in favor of. Here's my evidence!

1659061411771.png

Woo-hoo! I LOVE evidence!

I no longer have words to express the frustration and anger I feel after Senate Republicans blocked the PACT Act.

Nobody cares about your disgust or Stewart’s outrage.

Get to the heart of things. What ELSE in the proposed legislation (other than the component we may likely agree on) led to anyone being opposed to it?

Forum List

Back