Another Celebrity Needs to be DixieChicked

Why do celebrities keep inserting themselves into politics?

<< Pop megastar and left-wing activist Taylor Swift took a not-so-sublte shot at President Donald Trump’s administration on Monday night from the stage of the 36th annual MTV Video Music Awards.
“I just want to say that this is a fan-voted award. So, I first want to say thank you to the fans because in this video, several points were made, so you voting for this video means that you want a world where we’re all treated equally,” Taylor Swift said during her acceptance speech for video of the year for her politically charged video “You Need to Calm Down.”

“Regardless of who we are, regardless of how we identify, at the end of this video there was a petition — and there still is a petition for the Equality Act, which basically just says we all deserve equal rights under the law,” the Grammy-winner continued, before taking a swipe at the administration. >>
Video: Taylor Swift Targets Trump White House at MTV VMAs

I bet her parents are proud.

I bet they are too, she is one of the top selling music artist in history.

How is what she did any different than what Ted Nugent does?

Because she is a female and her place is barefoot in the kitchen pumping out as many kids as possible...hell we had a whole thread on here not long ago where multiple Trumpians were arguing that women were inferior beings and needed to be commanded by their husbands.

So lets get this straight a women arranges a petition asking the white house about being treated equally in law...

Now she is the enemy...

Fair enough...

Could all women now know that the White House considers you second class citizens...

lol yeah that's what's going on here ... and you clueless sociopath deviants can't understand why you're losing at the ballot box.

Go Taylor! She is a beacon of hope to the younger generation.
She is whining about equal rights.

How exactly is it a beacon of hope to whine about something which is written in stone to begin with?

She is referring to the equality act which is based on a lie

Men and women have equal rights and there is no threat to those rights

So explain how she is a beacon of hope for something which already exists

So lets get this straight a women arranges a petition asking the white house about being treated equally in law...

Now she is the enemy...

Fair enough...

Could all women now know that the White House considers you second class citizens...
They already are being treated equally under the law

Therefore it is reasonable to conclude that equality is not what they are after

I've never bought any of her records, so I'm already 'boycotting' her, I guess. Hardly any singers and bands that cater to the 11 year old girl demographic inspire me to buy anything of theirs.
So far you boycotting:
Most of the singers, Hollywood, media, NFL, NBA, most of the world, most Americans that voted against the orange, the UN, Denmark, Canada.....just because of you love DT? Must be a rough life.

Not as rough as Ramadan is for you.

<< Pop megastar and left-wing activist Taylor Swift took a not-so-sublte shot at President Donald Trump’s administration on Monday night from the stage of the 36th annual MTV Video Music Awards.
“I just want to say that this is a fan-voted award. So, I first want to say thank you to the fans because in this video, several points were made, so you voting for this video means that you want a world where we’re all treated equally,” Taylor Swift said during her acceptance speech for video of the year for her politically charged video “You Need to Calm Down.”

“Regardless of who we are, regardless of how we identify, at the end of this video there was a petition — and there still is a petition for the Equality Act, which basically just says we all deserve equal rights under the law,” the Grammy-winner continued, before taking a swipe at the administration. >>
i still have no idea what trump has done to make people think he hates gays. and if all people share the same rights, why do we need all these "sub-rights"? i never understood exactly what set of rights gays have or don't have vs. the rest of the world.

I don't understand the swipe.

… the Grammy-winner continued, before taking a swipe at the administration.

“And, I want to thank everyone who signed that petition because it now has half-a-million signatures, which is five times the amount that it would need to warrant a response from the White House,” said Swift, gesturing toward her watch.

Now she is the enemy...

Fair enough...

They already are being treated equally under the law

Therefore it is reasonable to conclude that equality is not what they are after

She hates Trump because he is not glorifying LGBT, Illegal Aliens, and minorities constantly. They don't want "equality" but special treatment, promotion and glorification of their pet special interest groups.

i still have no idea what trump has done to make people think he hates gays. and if all people share the same rights, why do we need all these "sub-rights"? i never understood exactly what set of rights gays have or don't have vs. the rest of the world.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/dominicholden/trump-scotus-gay-workers

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...e9-b72f-b31dfaa77212_story.html?noredirect=on

Closing ones eyes and then proclaiming to see nothing wrong seems the new defence.

The rumor is that Swift wants to get into movies, so she is virtue signaling to Hollywood, how "WOKE" she is, as before she was apolitical. Now all of a sudden she is choosing to be a vocal activist.

She's still one of the hottest chicks alive. One thing to remember about celebrities... They themselves are a product. And as a product, it is key to their success that they remain appealing to as many potential customers as possible. Their livelihood, and success depends on it.

Taylor Swift's music is getting repetitive......so she's trying to keep her name out there.
It's just sound marketing practices.

Forum List

Back