Another criminal slapped on the wrist ends up murdering a cop

Maine police shooting suspect John Williams, 29, who has a history of burglary arrests, was arrested March 22 when he drove off the road. Police said they found an illegal handgun with a large-capacity magazine and ammo in his car, as well as bags of white powder. Prosecutors tried to defend a $10,000 bail request but saw it reduced on appeal to $7,500 and then $5,000, after which Williams was freed.
Yarmouth chief: The system fails again

He should never have been released.

Why?

Do you feel that way about all unlicensed gun arrests, or just this one in particular?

In conclusion, two things have been brought out here.

1. Repeat offenders are not punished severely enough. If they were, the cop would still be alive..

2. Liberals will say or claim anything to deflect away from the ease at which felons are released with a slap on the wrist.

Thanks to the usual suspects for proving that, and, where does doc want his mod "troll of the year" award sent to?

Maine police shooting suspect John Williams, 29, who has a history of burglary arrests, was arrested March 22 when he drove off the road. Police said they found an illegal handgun with a large-capacity magazine and ammo in his car, as well as bags of white powder. Prosecutors tried to defend a $10,000 bail request but saw it reduced on appeal to $7,500 and then $5,000, after which Williams was freed.

Why?

Do you feel that way about all unlicensed gun arrests, or just this one in particular?

I have no problem with pretrial detention when a gun is involved. Never have.

1. Repeat offenders are not punished severely enough. If they were, the cop would still be alive..

2. Liberals will say or claim anything to deflect away from the ease at which felons are released with a slap on the wrist.

Thanks to the usual suspects for proving that, and, where does doc want his mod "troll of the year" award sent to?

poor baby

go have yourself a good cry

you'll feel better

:lol:

1. Some conservatives prefer to lazily appeal to emotion rather than actually debate facts, either because they're lazy, or just overly emotional whiny fucks.

2. The facts of the story don't line up the way the emotional fuckwits wish they did.

Why?

So you're saying that should be a bright-line rule?

That anyone caught possessing an unlicensed gun should be denied bail?

Why?

How about this guy?

Aide arrested for bringing gun into Capitol - CNNPolitics

Aide to Duncan Hunter, decorated Marine. Brought an unlicensed handgun into the Capitol building.

Lock him up and throw away the key?

We are too quick to blame law enforcement who do their job very well in most cases...........Most are there to serve the public................

In Hindsight it's easy to say how they screwed up.......but picking out that guy that will do this one day isn't that easy. The courts don't have a crystal ball either.

I think it does our Law Enforcement a DISSERVICE to immediately jump on the band wagon and say how they screwed up.......It's simply not that easy to figure out the next one that's gonna go postal in the future.

My 2 Cents.

We are too quick to blame law enforcement who do their job very well in most cases...........Most are there to serve the public................

In Hindsight it's easy to say how they screwed up.......but picking out that guy that will do this one day isn't that easy. The courts don't have a crystal ball either.

I think it does our Law Enforcement a DISSERVICE to immediately jump on the band wagon and say how they screwed up.......It's simply not that easy to figure out the next one that's gonna go postal in the future.

My 2 Cents.

I agree. Thank you for that.

It's very easy to declare what should have happened, with the benefit of hindsight. It feels good.

1. Some conservatives prefer to lazily appeal to emotion rather than actually debate facts, either because they're lazy, or just overly emotional whiny fucks.

2. The facts of the story don't line up the way the emotional fuckwits wish they did.
No matter how many times you repeat your lie troll, does not make it true.

My 2 Cents.

It's very easy to declare what should have happened, with the benefit of hindsight. It feels good.
This constant attacking of Law Enforcement needs to end............Doesn't do anyone good........and disrespects the many who put it on the line for others.........I can't go down that road.

My 2 Cents.

Lol! Since when does LE send people to prison and determine sentencing guide lines? Do you have any idea what you are talking about? Lawmakers and judges decide that. Nice try though.

Why?

How about this guy?

Aide to Duncan Hunter, decorated Marine. Brought an unlicensed handgun into the Capitol building.

Yep. It's called pretrial detention.

Further more, the Risk and Assessment Tools should be thrown out as they don't consider crimes in other states.

My 2 Cents.

This constant attacking of Law Enforcement needs to end............Doesn't do anyone good........and disrespects the many who put it on the line for others.........I can't go down that road.
No one is attacking LE liar, I am attacking the law makers and the LIBTARD freaking judges that make this all come about! Are you really that stupid?

No matter how many times you repeat your lie troll, does not make it true.

post that again, would you?

i can see the tears

Why?

How about this guy?

Further more, the Risk and Assessment Tools should be thrown out. As they don't consider crimes in other states.

I know what pretrial detention is. In our legal system, bail is only denied if the person is a flight risk, or is a danger to the community.

Why?

How about this guy?

Further more, the Risk and Assessment Tools should be thrown out. As they don't consider crimes in other states.

I know what pretrial detention is. In our legal system, bail is only denied if the person is a flight risk, or is a danger to the community.

I know what they are held for.

That would be the gun thing. He is moving between at least two states that we know of right now. That would be the flight risk.

How about this guy?

I know what they are held for.

That would be the gun thing. He is moving between at least two states that we know of right now. That would be the flight risk.

Unlicensed possession of a gun does not automatically make one a danger to the community, and the fact that he has been in more than one state does not automatically make him a flight risk.

It is very easy to sit here, and in retrospect declare what should have happened, when you don't actually know the situation or facts.

My 2 Cents.

No one is attacking LE liar, I am attacking the law makers and the LIBTARD freaking judges that make this all come about! Are you really that stupid?
I'm usually on your side.........but I posted my opinion............I see a trend to go on the attack whenever this happens.....

While looking for information on this.......I saw a article where 2 Police officers were shot just eating lunch........Both killed in an execution style killing.......On the news here locally............a fund raiser for a Deputy Sheriff who was shot in the line of duty...............

I don't have all the information on the previous crimes.............posted a little........and at this point don't have enough information to make a Hindsight Judgement...........

I'm straight up with my posts............and will continue to do so.

Straight up is not saying this OP is attacking LE. It is attacking the judicial branch and the legislative branch. They are to blame, And they deserve retribution!

I apologize for being harsh toward you. You are a good person. But NO ONE is bashing LE here.

Forum List

Back