Another criminal slapped on the wrist ends up murdering a cop

The link is there for you to read it troll. It tells of some of his past. But face it troll, liberals are famous for letting criminals off.

I did read the link. He hadn't done anything worthy of life in prison. Also, why not include the information you're telling people to search for in your original post? This is your thread; you are the one trying to make a point.
You must know him personally huh? The article said he had a lengthy criminal history. I have made my point. That being libs go all out to defend criminals and some of the mods here are nothing but sorry ass trolls.

he had no charges that would have disqualified him from possessing a gun in maine.

Title 15, §393: Possession of firearms prohibited for certain persons

that took about 45 seconds to find, mikey

you can do eeeeeet!

:lol:
Posting half truths is the liberal way.

I did read the link. He was arrested for having an unlicensed firearm.
Isn't it against against the law for felons to possess guns? Troll.

Of course it's against the law. He was arrested for it, and charged.

What's your point?
The point troll, is that he should have been locked up for it.

He was. Then he made bail.

That's how it works.
You don't make bail if your in prison troll.

you don't go to prison without an arraignment and a trial, fuckwit

So this dude should have been put away for life for his prior crimes? Do you even know what he did? I bet it's nothing that you could use to justify life in prison. We have varying levels of punishment for a reason. You can't lock people up for life for low level crime. It's unfortunate that an officer died, but draconian laws are not the answer.

Who needs logic when we've got hysterical appeals to emotion?
Ripped from the pages of the democratic playbook.

Way to go libs. Keep letting them off easy. The article says he had a lengthy criminal record. Libs live for this kind of thing. Arrest them and let them go with a plea bargain. He was a good boy!

Man wanted in shooting death of Maine deputy caught

The man wanted in connection with the fatal shooting of a Maine deputy was in custody after a four-day intense manhunt, police said.

John Williams, 29, was captured by authorities Saturday, WGME reported.

1524935922507.jpg

Corporal Eugene Cole was killed early Wednesday morning. (Somerset County Sheriff's Office)

On Saturday, about 150 law enforcement officers remained in the area as searchers took advantage of improving weather to use ground patrols and aircraft to focus on a certain section of woods where they believe Williams might be hiding.

It was not immediately clear where Williams was found. No further details of the arrest were made public. The Maine State Police Department confirmed Williams was in custody.

Exactly what crimes were part of his criminal history?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

He was a crankster and lo and behold he was released from custody prior to appearing in Court on drug and gun charges. Typical.

Man Wanted For Killing Maine Sheriff's Deputy Was Arrested In Mass. On Gun Charges Last Month

Man Wanted For Killing Maine Sheriff's Deputy Was Arrested In Mass. On Gun Charges Last Month

How would you know? All you are doing is trying to protect a murderer.

He wasn't a murderer before and nobody knew he would be. That's why he wasn't in prison. You're crazy dude.
No, he wasn't in prison because liberals don't want to lock up criminals. If you had read the link you would have seen that he was arrested for being in possession of a gun. Felons cannot own guns

he was arrested for being in possession without a permit, not for being a felon in possession.

is this too complicated for you, mikey?
How would you know that? Fact is, he has a lengthy history in multiple states of criminals acts. If he were locked instead of released the cop would still be alive.

i looked for it instead of bleeding all over the interwebz about the evil libtards, mikey.

that's how intelligent people roll

don't believe me?

find one and ask :thup:

:rofl:

what a maroon you are
Troll, it proves nothing. He had at least a three state history of crime. How many of those were felonies plea bargained down to misdemeanors so the da could increase their conviction record?

He wasn't a murderer before and nobody knew he would be. That's why he wasn't in prison. You're crazy dude.
No, he wasn't in prison because liberals don't want to lock up criminals. If you had read the link you would have seen that he was arrested for being in possession of a gun. Felons cannot own guns

he was arrested for being in possession without a permit, not for being a felon in possession.

How would you know that? Fact is, he has a lengthy history in multiple states of criminals acts. If he were locked instead of released the cop would still be alive.

As far as I can find, his "lengthy" criminal history consists of a burglary 13 years ago, a misdemeanor theft last year, and possession of an unlicensed firearm last month.

Which of those crimes warrants life in prison, in your mind?

i looked for it instead of bleeding all over the interwebz about the evil libtards, mikey.

that's how intelligent people roll

don't believe me?

find one and ask :thup:

what a maroon you are
Troll, it proves nothing. He had at least a three state history of crime. How many of those were felonies plea bargained down to misdemeanors so the da could increase their conviction record?

give it a rest, stretch armstrong

Way to go libs. Keep letting them off easy. The article says he had a lengthy criminal record. Libs live for this kind of thing. Arrest them and let them go with a plea bargain. He was a good boy!

The man wanted in connection with the fatal shooting of a Maine deputy was in custody after a four-day intense manhunt, police said.

1524935922507.jpg

Corporal Eugene Cole was killed early Wednesday morning. (Somerset County Sheriff's Office)

On Saturday, about 150 law enforcement officers remained in the area as searchers took advantage of improving weather to use ground patrols and aircraft to focus on a certain section of woods where they believe Williams might be hiding.

It was not immediately clear where Williams was found. No further details of the arrest were made public. The Maine State Police Department confirmed Williams was in custody.

He was a crankster and lo and behold he was released from custody prior to appearing in Court on drug and gun charges. Typical.

He paid his bail.

That's how the system works.

1524935922507.jpg

He paid his bail.

Indeed it is. I wonder what his other criminal history is. I would be happy to bet you it is quite extensive.

As far as I can find, his "lengthy" criminal history consists of a burglary 13 years ago, a misdemeanor theft last year, and possession of an unlicensed firearm last month.

Burglary is a felony. A life spent repeating crimes should be rewarded with lengthy prison time. Besides, liberals try very hard to keep these scumbags records away from prying eyes if at all possible. Not to mention libs plea bargaining felonies down to misdemeanors. You can go now, you've proven your disdain for LE and the law abiding.

he also had drug charges in tennessee in 2008

if those damn liberal judges in tenn had just done the right thing...

:lol:

In 2005, Williams was convicted of felony burglary in Skowhegan and sentenced to 17 days’ incarceration, one year of probation and $500 restitution, according to the Maine State Bureau of Identification.

1524935922507.jpg

He paid his bail.

Indeed it is. I wonder what his other criminal history is. I would be happy to bet you it is quite extensive.

According to a link posted in this thread, his record consists of a burglary conviction in 2006, a theft conviction last year, and the unlicensed gun last month.

Would you put somebody away for life over petty theft or some drunken altercation? There was no justification for putting him away for life.

Dear lord, it isn't about putting them away for life. What the hell is wrong with you?

1524935922507.jpg

He paid his bail.

According to a link posted in this thread, his record consists of a burglary conviction in 2006, a theft conviction last year, and the unlicensed gun last month.

That's what we know of. Like I said, when the reporters do some digging I will bet you that his record is quite extensive and extends back into his childhood.

In 2005, Williams was convicted of felony burglary in Skowhegan and sentenced to 17 days’ incarceration, one year of probation and $500 restitution, according to the Maine State Bureau of Identification.

Maine's statute on "possession of a firearm by a prohibited person" requires the offender to have been sentenced to a year or more in prison to be prohibited from owning a gun.

That's also the common-law definition of a "felony". 17 days in jail doesn't qualify.

Seventeen days does seem a little light for a felony conviction I have to say. I wonder what the facts of the case were?

1. Possession prohibited. A person may not own, possess or have under that person's control a firearm, unless that person has obtained a permit under this section, if that person:

A. [2001, c. 549, §2 (RP).]

A-1. Has been convicted of committing or found not criminally responsible by reason of insanity of committing:

(1) A crime in this State that is punishable by imprisonment for a term of one year or more;

Title 15, §393: Possession of firearms prohibited for certain persons

:thup:

Burglary is a felony. A life spent repeating crimes should be rewarded with lengthy prison time. Besides, liberals try very hard to keep these scumbags records away from prying eyes if at all possible. Not to mention libs plea bargaining felonies down to misdemeanors. You can go now, you've proven your disdain for LE and the law abiding.

According to the law, a "felony" conviction is one that results in more than a year in prison.

Burglary can result in that much time, but it didn't in this case. 17 day is quite a lot less than a year.

Maine's statute on "possession of a firearm by a prohibited person" requires the offender to have been sentenced to a year or more in prison to be prohibited from owning a gun.

That's also the common-law definition of a "felony". 17 days in jail doesn't qualify.

requires the offender to have been sentenced to a year

liar

the law clearly states "punishable" for a year or more not sentenced ya dumb ass troll

Has been convicted of committing or found not criminally responsible by reason of insanity of committing:
(1) A crime in this State that is punishable by imprisonment for a term of one year or more;

Forum List

Back