Another High Tech Lynching

8. "Nearly 65K Demand Mozilla CEO Come Out for Marriage Equality
Although Mozilla's newly appointed CEO promised the company's inclusive policies and benefits are here to stay, some LGBT activists are demanding that Brendan Eich formally renounce his past support for Proposition 8 and explicitly state his support for marriage equality.

....nearly 70,000 people have signed onto a petition demanding that Eich clarify his position on marriage equality — and if he refuses or still opposes the freedom to marry, that Eich be removed from the tech company's top spot.

"It’s not enough for Eich to pledge that he will enforce Mozilla's strong internal policies that ensure all employees are treated equal when he continues to refuse to renounce his advocacy for legislating hateful discrimination against gays and lesbians with constitutional amendments such as Proposition 8," reads the petition at CredoAction. "The people at Mozilla and their massive community of users deserve better than a leader that advocates for inequality and hate. CEO Brendan Eich should make an unequivocal statement of support for marriage equality. If he cannot, he should resign. And if he will not, the board should fire him immediately." Nearly 65K Demand Mozilla CEO Come Out for Marriage Equality Advocate.com

One can only wonder why the statement from CredoAction didn't conclude in the usual way, with 'Sieg Heil!"

a. Not every Liberal is a fascist geared up to destroy any who disagree with them....
To be fair....there was this from Andrew Sullivan, gay, and an advocate of same-sex marriage:

" When people’s lives and careers are subject to litmus tests, and fired if they do not publicly renounce what may well be their sincere conviction, we have crossed a line. This is McCarthyism applied by civil actors. This is the definition of intolerance.

If a socially conservative private entity fired someone because they discovered he had donatedagainstProp 8, how would you feel?" Dissents Of The Day The Dish

Weren't the people opposing Eich simply exercising their free speech rights?

Clarence Thomas's foray into playing the race card and victimology is remembered as 'brilliant' now by the RWnuttery?

Amazing.

An interesting conjecture.

Let's compare your 'guess' about the motivation behind 'high tech lynching,' with the actual view of Liberals/Democrats about when a smear is appropriate:

What was new with the Thomas nomination was the accusation of criminal wrongdoing on his part, namely the unproved sexual harassment claims of one Anita Hill.

Even though Ms. Hill couldn't prove her accusation, that didn't matter. Thus, a new mantra for the Left was born:
Clarence Thomas's foray into playing the race card and victimology is remembered as 'brilliant' now by the RWnuttery?

Amazing.

Let's compare your 'guess' about the motivation behind 'high tech lynching,' with the actual view of Liberals/Democrats about when a smear is appropriate:

What was new with the Thomas nomination was the accusation of criminal wrongdoing on his part, namely the unproved sexual harassment claims of one Anita Hill.

Even though Ms. Hill couldn't prove her accusation, that didn't matter. Thus, a new mantra for the Left was born:

Thus, a new mantra for the Left was born:"“The nature of the evidence is irrelevant; it’s the seriousness of the charge that matters.”
Tom Foley, Democrat, Former Speaker of the House.

Didn't Joe McCarthy use that to great effect?

Are you referring to the great American hero, Senator Joseph McCarthy?

Thus, a new mantra for the Left was born:"“The nature of the evidence is irrelevant; it’s the seriousness of the charge that matters.”

Republican does something, Hero.
Democrat does the same thing, Traitor.

I get how this partisan bull works.

8. "Nearly 65K Demand Mozilla CEO Come Out for Marriage Equality
Although Mozilla's newly appointed CEO promised the company's inclusive policies and benefits are here to stay, some LGBT activists are demanding that Brendan Eich formally renounce his past support for Proposition 8 and explicitly state his support for marriage equality.

....nearly 70,000 people have signed onto a petition demanding that Eich clarify his position on marriage equality — and if he refuses or still opposes the freedom to marry, that Eich be removed from the tech company's top spot.

"It’s not enough for Eich to pledge that he will enforce Mozilla's strong internal policies that ensure all employees are treated equal when he continues to refuse to renounce his advocacy for legislating hateful discrimination against gays and lesbians with constitutional amendments such as Proposition 8," reads the petition at CredoAction. "The people at Mozilla and their massive community of users deserve better than a leader that advocates for inequality and hate. CEO Brendan Eich should make an unequivocal statement of support for marriage equality. If he cannot, he should resign. And if he will not, the board should fire him immediately." Nearly 65K Demand Mozilla CEO Come Out for Marriage Equality Advocate.com

One can only wonder why the statement from CredoAction didn't conclude in the usual way, with 'Sieg Heil!"

a. Not every Liberal is a fascist geared up to destroy any who disagree with them....
To be fair....there was this from Andrew Sullivan, gay, and an advocate of same-sex marriage:

" When people’s lives and careers are subject to litmus tests, and fired if they do not publicly renounce what may well be their sincere conviction, we have crossed a line. This is McCarthyism applied by civil actors. This is the definition of intolerance.

If a socially conservative private entity fired someone because they discovered he had donatedagainstProp 8, how would you feel?" Dissents Of The Day The Dish

Weren't the people opposing Eich simply exercising their free speech rights?

Weren't the people demanding his firing for having a different opinion, bigots and/or fascists?

...hence, the title of the thread.

Amazing.
Clarence wouldn't have the problems he has if he would have stayed clear of that sexual harassment and sexual perversion stuff he seemed so fond of.

That's quite a stretch you're attempting to bridge with the word "seemed."

There was no such proof....see post #5 for an education.

There's no proof of Planned Parenthood profiting from fetal sales either.
AND there is NO proof that tax funds were NOT used to perform abortions which is against the law.
In other words all PP abortion expenses should be segregated and paid out of NON-tax payer supplied funds.

Amazing.

You've posted a word salad not related in any way to the post to which you are, ostensibly, replying.

Bet that represented quite a difficulty for you in school.

"I get how this partisan bull works."
Actually, you appear not to "get" anything at all.

Now, focus like a laser: why have you brought up the great American hero, Joseph McCarthy...the man who brought attention to the attempts by international communism to turn America into the prison camp that Stalin did in Russia.

Can you answer that?

Last edited:

Amazing.

You've posted a word salad not related in any way to the post to which you are, ostensibly, replying.

Now, focus like a laser: why have you brought up the great American hero, Joseph McCarthy...the man who brought attention to the attempts by international communism to turn America into the prison camp that Stalin did in Russia.

Can you answer that?

Yes I can. But I can see from the way you post you're not interested, so I won't bother.

Amazing.

Now there's the ironic post of the decade.

Why is it racist if liberals oppose Clarence Thomas, but not racist if liberals oppose Robert Bork?

Do conservatives believe that skin color earns black conservatives some sort of special status?

Political Chick should be defending the rights of app developers to do business with whomever they choose. When she fails to protect this sacred doctrine of market freedom, she is no better than the Liberals hates.

Can you answer that?

Yes I can. But I can see from the way you post you're not interested, so I won't bother.

Let's go over what I just proved:
You, a 'Reliable Democrat Voter,' simply accept the propaganda from the Left, never bothering to do any research, or to even question the blather.

So...let's leaved it at this:
McCarthy is a true American hero,

...and you, the sort of dolt that keeps the Left happy and in power.

Did Lani Guinier get lynched by conservatives?

Did Van Jones get lynched by conservatives?

The former wanted each black Americans to have more votes than any white American...

...and the latter was an avowed communist.

So, no....neither was a subject worthy of the phrase 'high tech lynching,' and you are a congenital, inveterate liar.

Political Chick should be defending the rights of app developers to do business with whomever they choose. When she fails to protect this sacred doctrine of market freedom, she is no better than the Liberals hates.

Let's see how 'sacred' said doctrine in to you.

Interesting that you should appear to be endorsing the right of a business owner to allow smoking, or choose not to serve a particular race, or gender.

Is that your position?

BTW....I am far better than the liberals/fascists that I despise.
Time for you to recognize that.

The former wanted each black Americans to have more votes than any white American...

So, no....neither was a subject worthy of the phrase 'high tech lynching,' and you are a congenital, inveterate liar.

Oh, I see. It's the "issues" when conservatives lynch black liberals...

lol, dumbass.

So you don't think Democrats who opposed Clarence Thomas dsagreed with him on the issues?

Are you daft?

Why is it racist if liberals oppose Clarence Thomas, but not racist if liberals oppose Robert Bork?

Do conservatives believe that skin color earns black conservatives some sort of special status?

High tech lynching applies, as I have posted, to Clarence Thomas, Brendan Eich, and the Duke Lacrosse Team.

Yet you imply that all of them are black...

So THAT'S why you're known as the NYLiar!

Let's see how 'sacred' said doctrine in to you.

Interesting that you should appear to be endorsing the right of a business owner to allow smoking, or choose not to serve a particular race, or gender.

Is that your position?

BTW....I am far better than the liberals/fascists that I despise.
Time for you to recognize that.

What was racist about Robert Bork getting 'borked'?

Forum List

Back