Votes: 2 7.1%
  • US is in a moral decline

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Those poor families

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Meh. Whatever

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters
He was accused of cruelty to animals, cracked his infants skull. Why was he still breathing?
We don't execute people for that. He probably didn't have fun in jail that year, though.

Are they supposed to have fun in jail?
You don't get my point, Admiral? Inmates are extremely hard on baby beaters.

He was in a military prison.
I did wonder if that might be different from a usual jail. Too bad.

I have a responsibility for MY good citizenship not yours or anyone else's.

What I suggest as a response to the violence problem in the country is dismissed by everyone here who is anti gun.

I for one refuse to give up any of my rights as a law abiding citizen simply because a fraction of a percent of people commit crimes
Um . . . you too are responsible to the collective common weal of America.

I am not anti-gun. I own guns.

No one is asking you or me not to own guns.

We both know that is not going to happen, so . . . there has to be a better way than the one in which we are headed.

The only thing I can control or even want to control is my own behavior.

I have no desire to tell other people how to live their lives with the one exception being that no one is permitted to violate the rights of another. Personally I believe there should be extremely harsh punishment for those that do violate the rights of others but that belief happens to be in the extreme minority these days

So I will continue to fight for gun rights. Shit I'm actually considering joining the NRA because in all reality it seems that it is the only private organization actually fighting for the rights of citizens.
Sad on Pred and SP. Simply me, me, me is their way.
When you can give me a valid reason why I need to restrict my behavior and my rights as a citizen who has committed and will not commit any crimes get back to me.

It is called belonging to a civilized society

I am civilized. So tell me how taking my rights away will make some else civilized.

It's unfortunate that so much of this happens and becomes sensationalized that folks become desensitized to it. It's no longer shocking or disconcerting to many

It's unfortunate that so much of this happens and becomes sensationalized that folks become desensitized to it. It's no longer shocking or disconcerting to many
Agreed though much of this is the fault of the DNC media. When they pontificate for taking my gun rights after every shooting event, I tune out.

sj8hpHh.jpg

Skull Pilot, I own guns too. (by the way, that is a bad picture of you).

Just because you have not "killed anyone, broken any laws, or otherwise done nothing to violate the rights of another have" does not mean you do not have a responsibility for good citizenship.

You should be ashamed of being not willing to try to figure this problem out, SP. It involved and threatens every last one of us.

Sitting in the corner and going "oh my" is shameful.

What I suggest as a response to the violence problem in the country is dismissed by everyone here who is anti gun.

I for one refuse to give up any of my rights as a law abiding citizen simply because a fraction of a percent of people commit crimes

We both know that is not going to happen, so . . . there has to be a better way than the one in which we are headed.

I have no desire to tell other people how to live their lives with the one exception being that no one is permitted to violate the rights of another. Personally I believe there should be extremely harsh punishment for those that do violate the rights of others but that belief happens to be in the extreme minority these days

So I will continue to fight for gun rights. Shit I'm actually considering joining the NRA because in all reality it seems that it is the only private organization actually fighting for the rights of citizens.
Great post and agree with you 100%. When someone violates the rights of others whether minor or major, punishment should be harsh particularly if the violation was intentional. Though I don't think imprisonment should always be the answer for minor crimes.

Skull Pilot, I own guns too. (by the way, that is a bad picture of you).

Just because you have not "killed anyone, broken any laws, or otherwise done nothing to violate the rights of another have" does not mean you do not have a responsibility for good citizenship.

You should be ashamed of being not willing to try to figure this problem out, SP. It involved and threatens every last one of us.

Sitting in the corner and going "oh my" is shameful.

Great post and agree with you 100%. When someone violates the rights of others whether minor or major, punishment should be harsh particularly if the violation was intentional. Though I don't think imprisonment should always be the answer for minor crimes.

I don't read about it when I hear about it. Unfortunately, it happens so frequently that it is starting to seem like a daily recurring news story.

I don't read about it when I hear about it. Unfortunately, it happens so frequently that it is starting to seem like a daily recurring news story.

I have come to accept certain things about the world and the people in it.

Near the top of the list is that people are the most dangerous, most violent and most unpredictable animals to have ever walked the earth.

I have come to accept certain things about the world and the people in it.

Near the top of the list is that people are the most dangerous, most violent and most unpredictable animals to have ever walked the earth.
Actually mosquitoes kill more humans than anything else.

Humans are not even in 2nd place.

There are biting flies that kill more humans.

However I agree with you that whenever I am around humans I am always armed with my 45ACP 24/7/365.

Right now N.Korea has the potential to kill more people than any wacko shooter or bomber could.

And Iran is in 2nd place.

The justification for the desensitization is due to its unlikelihood.

However even so I always go armed (and concealed) to church.

I am also on the committee that each sits by the doors to watch and make sure everyone who shows up does not meet the profile of a mass shooter. If they do then I move up closer to them and watch their every move. If they pull out a gun then I take them out with a high to low or low to high shot. We train for this, after church.

Protestants are generally unprepared for mass shooters at church. And for the afterlife. Ironic.

Forum List

Back