Another Responsible Gun Owner: Houston Massacre

What would be more of a loss is all of the nation losing it's rights because we aren't thinking.

Your rights were written by men who never envisioned what goes on today with mass shooting, with men killing groups of children, with boys shooting down their classmates, etc. The founding fathers never imagined what goes on today. If they were dealing with what we deal with today, the second amendment would not exist.
You cannot support this with anything other than your mindless, ignorant, bigoted opinion.

Emphasis on "mindless".

These heinous crimes are so pervasive these days and it is all because of lax gun laws that go unchecked. Stronger legislation is needed with much HARSHER penalties for those who shoot others intentionally. As long as the law merely gives a slight slap on the wrist to these crazy people they are only going to continue in that vein of shooting at whomever they want knowing full well they will most likely either receive a small sentence or get away with it altogether. In the meantime more innocent children and others will continue to lose their lives.

This guy committed what appears to be pre-mediated murder in TEXAS. he's getting a needle in his arm. Can't punish someone more than that.
Yes, there can be no doubt that when the full extent of the law is administered, justice can be served. But there are far too many other cases where the perpetrators get a light sentence and they are out in a few short years and go right back to shooting people just as before as numerous news reports have revealed. They don't learn their lessons. That's why much stricter and harsher punishments should be codified into the law such as to make sure those who have committed such crimes are not out on the streets again to return to their normal practice of killing people.

First offense (for injuring or maiming a person): Minimum 45-50 years mandatory prison term.

Second offense: Mandatory Death penalty or Life in prison with Hard Labor and absolutely no chance for parole.

I think if the law made those provisions, killers would take a good second look at the situation and assess whether it was worth it to take another person's life and then take a step back before going on shooting sprees.

STOP THE MADNESS ALREADY!!
43.gif

Yet, you left wing idiots complain when a state like Texas wants to speed up the process and get killers to the chair sooner.

And because he has yet to shoot someone, the law should assume he will and treat him accordingly?

I suppose you have yet to turn a trick -- let's have the state assume you will and treat you accordingly.

What a maroon.
:cuckoo:

This is really faulty logic. Are you that stupid? That you don't realize how asinine your logic is? :lmao:

And I'm a maroon[sic]? :lol: Well, then, your mommie wears combat boots.

His logic was sound, both of your responses were immature drivel.

This thread is gay.......3/4 of all Americans say, "FUCK YOU!!" to a gun ban!!! ( Gallup - late 2013)

So whats to discuss??

What's with whites and mass shootings? Must be something in their culture since they are all the same. Where is Joel Osteen to speak out against this problem in the white community?

(Let's see if people get this).

Put the bong down doofus.

CaféAuLait;9419905 said:
How sad...four children dead at the hands of a crazy white guy.

Mass Shooting Near Houston Leaves 6 Dead, Including 4 Children

A gunman killed at least six people, including four children, in a Houston suburb and then engaged police in a three-hour standoff before finally surrendering late Wednesday.

The suspected gunman, who has not yet been identified,*is believed to be related to at least some of the victims, officials told Houston ABC station KTRK.

Crazy indeed. Did you see his record? Child abuse/neglect convictions, restraining orders, protective orders, his mother and ex wife filed. Charge after charge of domestic violence from his mom and wife.

Given the above, it seems he owned his gun illegally, under the Lautenberg Act or the Domestic Violence Offender Gun Ban. Why wasn't this violent repetitive offender in jail? So cut the responsible gun owner crap.

He's an idiot who wets his panties at the thought of a firearm. Rational and logical thought are not possible for him.

Instead of trying to make this about gun nuts, I would be more concerned with the fact this guy has a gun illegally ( due to past convictions) AND just tried to murder his Mom last week, BUT WAS ON THE STREET?

Where is the outrage for this Luddy?

Reminds me of the other mentally ill kid, cops did nothing about even though he said he was going to murder.

Next time some asshole left wing whacko on USMB ever has the balls to bitch about any conservative supposedly turning a tragedy into a political issue I am going to jam this thread down their throat.

Howey wasn't just being bitchy enough claiming that this was a responsible gun owner who wiped out almost an entire family.

No that's not good enough. Fucking Nutz claims he had to be a tea partier.

Fucking asshole supremos. You both make me want to bazooka barf.

CaféAuLait;9421414 said:
Instead of trying to make this about gun nuts, I would be more concerned with the fact this guy has a gun illegally ( due to past convictions) AND just tried to murder his Mom last week, BUT WAS ON THE STREET?

Reminds me of the other mentally ill kid, cops did nothing about even though he said he was going to murder.

This maniac was a ticking time bomb.

Check this out. Unreal.

According to NBC News, Melannie Haskell petitioned a court for an order of protection in July 2013. The judge granted this order, and Melannie Haskell filed for divorce the following month.

In October last year, the protective order was lifted when the couple decided on a mutual restraining order and custody arrangements involving their children.

A judge also decreed that Ron Lee Haskell’s visits would be watched by a psychologist.

'Mr. Haskell's parent time will be supervised until such time that his physical therapist can report that the respondent is no longer a threat to the children,' the judge wrote.

Indeed, Haskell has had a number of previous run-ins with the law in his home state of Utah when he was living there with his wife.

Before she filed her restraining orders, Utah law enforcement said that Haskell was arrested several times by the Logan City Police Department and was jailed for a time in the Cache County jail in 2008.

Mr. Haskell was booked into the Cache County Jail on charges of simple assault and child abuse or neglect, both class B misdemeanors, on June 5, 2008,' according to a news release from the Cache County Sheriff’s Office.

Since then, he has had multiple involvements with Logan City Police Department and had a protective order served on him by Cache County Sheriff’s deputies on July 9, 2013.'

According to The Salt Lake Tribune, Haskell was also arrested in June 2008 and charged with simple assault and domestic violence in the presence of a child.

He was also jailed in the same year on charges of assault and child abuse or neglect according to a statement from the Cache County Sheriff's Office.

Both were dismissed the next year

'Heroic final moments of family executed by their uncle: Parents and seven children refused to tell gunman where his ex-wife was before he killed them, reveal police as they admit he tied up and choked his mother just weeks before attack' | Mail Onli

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;9421414 said:

Wrong.

Why the Suspected Texas Shooter's Domestic-Violence History Didn't Keep Him From Owning Guns | Mother Jones

A gunman killed at least six people, including four children, in a Houston suburb and then engaged police in a three-hour standoff before finally surrendering late Wednesday.

The suspected gunman, who has not yet been identified,*is believed to be related to at least some of the victims, officials told Houston ABC station KTRK.

There are a lot of responsible gun owners in America, isn't there? I am sure this guy was one of them!!!!

And because he has yet to shoot someone, the law should assume he will and treat him accordingly?

I suppose you have yet to turn a trick -- let's have the state assume you will and treat you accordingly.

What a maroon.
:cuckoo:

This is really faulty logic. Are you that stupid? That you don't realize how asinine your logic is? :lmao:

And I'm a maroon[sic]? :lol: Well, then, your mommie wears combat boots.

His logic was sound, both of your responses were immature drivel.

His logic is not sound and you are a complete moron too. He was saying that two situations which are in no way analogous were analogous. That is faulty logic. Having a vagina and having a gun are not analogous situations. You two are complete idiots.

BREAKING NEWS!!!

On Wednesday, July 9, 2014, one hundred and thirty two million seven hundred and fifty two thousand nine hundred twenty four* (132,752,924) law abiding American gun owners used their firearms legally, ethically and responsibly.

* approximately.

If that many people actually used their guns in any one given day, there would be a lot of fucking dead people.

BREAKING NEWS!!!

On Wednesday, July 9, 2014, one hundred and thirty two million seven hundred and fifty two thousand nine hundred twenty four* (132,752,924) law abiding American gun owners used their firearms legally, ethically and responsibly.

* approximately.

If that many people actually used their guns in any one given day, there would be a lot of fucking dead people.

If all the Republicans were given a gun and put on an island together, they'd shoot each other.

There are a lot of responsible gun owners in America, isn't there? I am sure this guy was one of them!!!!

Give me a fucking break here. Are you and Howey and others just having a ball gloating over a family being wiped out by a maniac all in the name of politics?

He was their uncle. The family made one last heroic effort to save his ex wife who was the mothers sister.

Holy toledo! What the fuck is wrong with you people getting all high and happy and smarmy over this?

This is unreal that you guys are getting off on this. Oh and why don't you throw in that he's probably a tea partier too just like Nutz did.

Just un fucking real. Oh yeah. Uncle was a really responsible dude. Responsible gun owners always kill their families. Always.

Heroic final moments of family executed by their uncle: Parents and five kids refused to tell gunman where his ex-wife was before he tied up and killed all but one of them in their home

article-2688350-1F8E6F9100000578-430_964x400.jpg

CaféAuLait;9421414 said:

Wrong.

Why the Suspected Texas Shooter's Domestic-Violence History Didn't Keep Him From Owning Guns | Mother Jones

From your link:

Under federal law, Haskell's protective order should have prohibited him from owning guns, says Laura Cutilletta, a staff attorney at the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence.

Not to mention Mother Jones only speaks about the one protective order, not the others. Or the other charges and trials.

You did not respond to the FACT he tried to kill his mother last week. LAST WEEK! And threatened the cops lives as well. He choked her until she passed out, tied her to a chair for hours on end. She also had a protective order in!

Why was this guy on the street with his record of child abuse, several protective orders, restraining orders and what he did to his own mother?

CaféAuLait;9421957 said:
CaféAuLait;9421414 said:

Wrong.

From your link:

Under federal law, Haskell's protective order should have prohibited him from owning guns, says Laura Cutilletta, a staff attorney at the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence.

Not to mention Mother Jones only speaks about the one protective order, not the others. Or the other charges and trials.

You did not respond to the FACT he tried to kill his mother last week. LAST WEEK! And threatened the cops lives as well. He choked her until she passed out, tied her to a chair for hours on end. She also had a protective order in!

Why was this guy on the street with his record of child abuse, several protective orders, restraining orders and what he did to his own mother?

Howey and Mother Jones....'nuff said right there.

Forum List

Back