Another shitty chain restaurant seeks free advertising by being douchebags

These are the small business people? These people are dumber than dog shit. What kind of stupid mother fucker would alienate more than half of their potential customer base?

They alienate those with room temperature IQ's such as yourself.
No tipping mother fucking cheap skates....
Liberals HATE tipping.

In one instance, a black Federal judge from Houston and his wife who had been traveling for 18 hours said they were forced to wait at a Denny's in Yreka, Calif., for almost an hour as white teen-agers taunted them and referred to them as "*******."

you got you some serious mother fucking racists in California, so much for tolerence from liberals.

When black folks stop at the McDonalds in McDonald county Missouri, they have fear in their eyes.

When white folks stop at the Mc Donalds at the intersection of Milton Rd and Harris Blvd in Charlotte, they feel the same way.
WHat the fuck does this have to do with anything.
Leave it to a lib to deflect the discussion away from the issue at hand.

it wont just be big box restaurants doing this... its going to be the mom and pops too.

:clap2:

Nope, people are already moving towards more support for local mom and pops. All the business BIG business loses by being the douche bags they are is already being redirected to the true backbone of our economy, BY the true backbone of our economy: the people who work, and the small businesses owners WHO invest in the communities they operate within, rather than those THAT merely strip mine them.

And you think mom and pops with aren't going to have to increase costs to accommodate health care costs?
Barb made that up to make herself feel better. She ran out of Pamprin.

What a handy excuse it is to be able to blame Obama for the fact that management just fucked up so badly that it must lay people off.

When a ship does down the CAPTAIN, not the crew, is at fault.

Except of course if your live with your nose shoved up the ass of the masters.

Personal responsibility is not something the right wing really understands, that's clear.

Typical pro union labor is God response.
Dismissed as garbage. Troll.

Free healthcare should be a natural mandate for any wealthy country anyways. Who the fuck should be allowed to capitalize on the bad health of their fellow citizens?

No such thing as free, what is wrong with informing the consumer the reason for the increase.

People piss me off, they want everyone else to pay for free shit. Offering free healthcare to employees cost. Why should a business eat all the cost. Many companies will need to raise prices to offset losses.

Pisses me off that I have been forced to pay for lazy leech rw's who refuse to buy their own health insurance and it pisses off rw's that they'll have to pay their own bills.

As we ALL know, these business owners are lying about having to offset added costs of ObamaCare. But, we also know that won't stop rw's from believing the lies and passing the lies on to others.

Ah yes. The old blame game. Right out of the liberal playbook. Take what you do and accuse others for doing it in order to deflect the attention away from the issue.
Not going to work. FAIL!

Papa John's is the first step.

Wait until 2013, you can expect a shitload more businesses opting out of OslummerCare

unions have been on the forefront of opting out...... they started asking for the exemptions...as soon as obamacare was on the table.

so what does that tell you?

So far, here is the list of union inductees to the Do As We Say, Not As We Do Club:

Bricklayers Local 1 of MD, VA and DC
International Brotherhood of Trade Unions Health and Welfare Fund – Local 713
Local 1102 Amalgamated Welfare Fund
Local 1102 Health & Benefit Fund
Local 1102 Welfare Fund– Lerner Employees
Local 338 Affiliated Benefit Funds
Operating Engineers Local 835 Health and Welfare Fund
Retail, Wholesale & Dept. Store Union Local 1034 Welfare Fund
United Food and Commercial Workers Union in Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Indiana Teamsters Health Benefits Fund
Service Employees International Union Local 1 Cleveland Welfare Fund
Southern CA Pipe Trades Trust Fund
Teamsters Local 522 Welfare Fund Roofers Division
Texas Carpenters and Millwrights Health and Welfare Fund
United Food and Commercial Workers Local 1445 New Hampshire
Amalgamated National Health Fund
Plumbers and Pipefitters Local No. 630 Welfare Fund
United Food and Commercial Workers Union Local 1000
1199SEIU Greater New York Benefit Fund
Cleveland Bakers Teamsters
DC Cement Masons Welfare Fund
Indiana Teamsters Health Benefits Fund
Laundry and Dry Cleaning Workers Local No. 52
Social Service Employees Union Local 371
United Food and Commercial Workers Union (Mount Laurel, NJ)
United Food and Commercial Workers Union Local 1459
United Food and Commercial Workers and Participating Employers Interstate Health and Welfare Fund
Laborers’ International Union of North America Local Union No. 616 Health and Welfare Plan
Service Employees Benefit Fund
UFCW Allied Trade Health & Welfare Trust
United Food and Commercial Workers Union Local 1995
IBEW No.915
Asbestos Workers Local 53 Welfare Fund
Florida Trowel Trades
Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 123 Welfare Fund
UFCW Local 227
UFCW Maximus Local 455
Local 25 SEIU
UFCW Local 1262
Local 802 Musicians Health Fund
Greater Metropolitan Hotel
Local 17 Hospitality Benefit Fund
GS-ILA
Health and Welfare Benefit System
I.U.P.A.T.
Transport Workers
UFT Welfare Fund
PMPS-ILA
PS-ILA

Waivers Double to 222 as More Unions ‘Opt Out’ of ObamaCare*|*LaborUnionReport.com

CNSNews.com) – The United Federation of Teachers (UFT), the union representing New York City’s public school teachers, is the largest beneficiary of a waiver from one of the provisions in the health-care law signed by President Barack Obama last year.

The UFT is a chapter of the American Federation of Teachers (AFT), which spent $1.9 million on the election of President Barack Obama in 2008. The UFT is also an affiliate of the New York State United Teachers, which spent $46,139 in independent expenditures on the election of Obama.

The health care law, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, requires that annual caps on how much an insurance plan will pay in benefits for an enrollee in any given year must be eliminated by 2014. Under the law, the Department of Health and Human Services is now phasing the coverage limits out. In 2011, yearly caps can be no less than $750,000; in 2012, they can be no less than $1.25 million; and in 2013, they can be no less than $2 million in 2013.

The waivers granted to the UFT locals exempt them from having to comply with the phasing out of the annual benefits caps. A total of 351,000 enrollees are in the UFT’s health insurance plan, the UTF Welfare Fund.

New York City Teachers Union Is Largest Recipient of Obamacare Waiver; Parent AFT Union Spent $1.9 Million on Obama Election | CNS News

The hypocrisy of liberals is boundless.

I hope he knows that labor law dictates his responsibility to pay up to minimum wage for any day his servers don't make tips at least to that amount. I hope those servers know about that law.

Obviously you lived a sheltered life.

Waitresses and the like don't get minimum wage because their income is based on tips. If they get stiffed on a tab, they just get stiffed. The employer has no obligation to make up for the tips they didn't receive.

BTW they must pay taxes on 15 percent of every tab they served whether they received a tip or not.

Don't like it? Don't become a watress.

actual you have that a bit wrong....

they are charged 8%..... and only on credit card charges. Because... you cant track cash. They are supposed to be honest about cash tips declare it.

waitresses become waitress here becasue they make money hand over fist.... They get minimum wage... pulse tips. It was not uncommon for a waitress in our place ( for the slow ones ) to walk out with 5-6 hundred bucks cash a every single night

Depends where you work. Wait staff does not get minimum wage in NY, but where the checks are inputted through a computer system, payment method doesn't matter - they're taxed on what the government assumes they were tipped. I was a cook in the 80's, and my waitresses showed me their "paychecks" that amounted to a bill they had to pay for working. The customer base was what we called the geriatric ward of Schenectady's social elite. The little old ladies tipped like it was 1944.

Now, if a tipped employee does not claim up to minimum wages in tips plus hourly wage, at least in NY, the business owner must increase their pay TO minimum wage. I'm not sure if that's the national standard.

it wont just be big box restaurants doing this... its going to be the mom and pops too.

:clap2:

Nope, people are already moving towards more support for local mom and pops. All the business BIG business loses by being the douche bags they are is already being redirected to the true backbone of our economy, BY the true backbone of our economy: the people who work, and the small businesses owners WHO invest in the communities they operate within, rather than those THAT merely strip mine them.

And you think mom and pops with aren't going to have to increase costs to accommodate health care costs?

Mom and pops aren't corporate chains with X number of employees. Mom and pops number of employees generally fall below the number required to fall under the mandate.

Barb made that up to make herself feel better. She ran out of Pamprin.

405122_466469813395558_771287874_n.jpg

1088_469802366391993_670045437_n.jpg

46253_501931193174636_1259768541_n.png

148548_482293321802800_1422151043_n.jpg

Well....they can shove their breakfasts up their asses....Grand Slam style.

I usually eat locally when we go out anyway. We have a dozen Mom and Pops that serve better food thank Denny's ever will. Same with upper echelon restaurants.....Won't see me at Applebee's or Olive Garden anymore either.

Beer? we have one of the top ten brew pubs in the country about 25 minutes away....the only problem is that it's 25 minutes back home too. Coffee shops? same thing.

I'm so sick of corporate assholes running this country. They can't afford to absorb $.05/plate....or $.14/ pizza? Such bullshit, such ridiculous greed.

And you're right about the free advertising. They're thinking they are going to become the next Chick-fil-a and all these teabaggers are going to flood their restaurants and then not tip the people busting their asses to support their families.....the sad thing is.....they are probably right.
Denny's already has had problems with how they treat their black customers, haven't they?

Yeah, in 1994, and Democrats were against Civil Rights.

Well....they can shove their breakfasts up their asses....Grand Slam style.

I usually eat locally when we go out anyway. We have a dozen Mom and Pops that serve better food thank Denny's ever will. Same with upper echelon restaurants.....Won't see me at Applebee's or Olive Garden anymore either.

Beer? we have one of the top ten brew pubs in the country about 25 minutes away....the only problem is that it's 25 minutes back home too. Coffee shops? same thing.

I'm so sick of corporate assholes running this country. They can't afford to absorb $.05/plate....or $.14/ pizza? Such bullshit, such ridiculous greed.

And you're right about the free advertising. They're thinking they are going to become the next Chick-fil-a and all these teabaggers are going to flood their restaurants and then not tip the people busting their asses to support their families.....the sad thing is.....they are probably right.
Denny's already has had problems with how they treat their black customers, haven't they?

Yeah, in 1994, and Democrats were against Civil Rights.

Did you bump your head?

Obviously you lived a sheltered life.

Waitresses and the like don't get minimum wage because their income is based on tips. If they get stiffed on a tab, they just get stiffed. The employer has no obligation to make up for the tips they didn't receive.

BTW they must pay taxes on 15 percent of every tab they served whether they received a tip or not.

Don't like it? Don't become a watress.

actual you have that a bit wrong....

they are charged 8%..... and only on credit card charges. Because... you cant track cash. They are supposed to be honest about cash tips declare it.

waitresses become waitress here becasue they make money hand over fist.... They get minimum wage... pulse tips. It was not uncommon for a waitress in our place ( for the slow ones ) to walk out with 5-6 hundred bucks cash a every single night

Depends where you work. Wait staff does not get minimum wage in NY, but where the checks are inputted through a computer system, payment method doesn't matter - they're taxed on what the government assumes they were tipped. I was a cook in the 80's, and my waitresses showed me their "paychecks" that amounted to a bill they had to pay for working. The customer base was what we called the geriatric ward of Schenectady's social elite. The little old ladies tipped like it was 1944.

Now, if a tipped employee does not claim up to minimum wages in tips plus hourly wage, at least in NY, the business owner must increase their pay TO minimum wage. I'm not sure if that's the national standard.

One of a big knda thing for me was just pass over everything to Coopers and Lybrand.

John Metz, Denny's Franchisee And Hurricane Grill & Wings Owner, Imposes Surcharge For Obamacare

"If I leave the prices the same, but say on the menu that there is a 5 percent surcharge for Obamacare, customers have two choices. They can either pay it and tip 15 or 20 percent, or if they really feel so inclined, they can reduce the amount of tip they give to the server, who is the primary beneficiary of Obamacare," Metz told The Huffington Post. "Although it may sound terrible that I'm doing this, it's the only alternative. I've got to pass the cost on to the consumer."

Metz is the franchisor of Hurricane Grill & Wings, which has 48 locations, five of which are corporate owned, and president and owner of RREMC Restaurants, which runs approximately 40 Denny's and several Dairy Queen locations. He planned to use the 5 percent surcharge tactic in all his restaurants starting in January 2014, when Obamacare is fully implemented.

It's funny that other than sales tax they don't itemize all the other costs they pass onto you. I've never been to Denny's and seen a "coporate income tax surcharge" or a "FICA employer share surcharge".

Why do you think they chose this particular cost of business to itemize?

After lawsuit, Denny's restaurant chain buries its racist image | Lubbock Online | Lubbock Avalanche-Journal
so you know WHY prices are being increased other than just increasing the price and saying nothing which most companies do

Forum List

Back