Another Trillion in Debt. Thanks Republicans.

The deficit for the fiscal year comes in at $1,271,158,167,126.

That is the single biggest increase to the deficit in a single year dollar wise, even beating out the jump between 2008 and 2009.

That is a 91.2% increase in the deficit from last year, the 2nd largest such jump in the history of our county.

Our liberal friends really had no problem with deficits when B Hussein O was our Autocrat.

To criticize deficit spending was to be accused of Evil Skinflintery, and now they actually seem concerned.
Deficits were going down under President Obama.

That is the single biggest increase to the deficit in a single year dollar wise, even beating out the jump between 2008 and 2009.

That is a 91.2% increase in the deficit from last year, the 2nd largest such jump in the history of our county.

All this in a booming economy!

Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

He's had a number of successes now besides the dem obstruction. It really is amazing to watch.

Yes, the 91% increase in the deficit in one year was rather amazing to watch.

So was the 16 trillion that W and O added.

Yep. Amazing how alike those 3 are. Three peas in a pod.

Im not disagreeing with you on that one.

Our liberal friends really had no problem with deficits when B Hussein O was our Autocrat.

To criticize deficit spending was to be accused of Evil Skinflintery, and now they actually seem concerned.

Debt was rocketing.

The Occupoopers who you are citing are liberals who were idolized by Pelosi, Obama et al
This is a depiction of Ted Nugent shatting himself to get out of serving in Vietnam.

OWS_legacy-e1391803701878.jpg

Only crazy people shat themselves in public, and crazy people aren't allowed to serve in our armed forces. AKA get an easy pass off. Get it?

Debt was rocketing.
Once again you have fallen for the fake news. Deficits were shrinking under President Obama. At the height of the crisis when he took office they were over $1.5 trillion yearly and under $500 billion when he left. tRump has undone that in less than 2 years.

Debt was rocketing.

It was, but the amount being added to the debt each year was getting smaller from 2009 to 2015, then it started up again.

At this rate, he is going to pass obama.
Sad.

The rate is increasing.

Before the tax cut we were adding $2,692,377,671 to the debt each day on average.

After the tax cut we added 3,748,935,609 to the debt each day on average.

That is a 39% increase to the debt each day after the tax cut.

Interest rates have gone up so that doesn't help. Entitlements have not been addressed either. I am hoping that by year 4 we are in a surplus and paying it down.

Too bad we still have hold overs from all those years of mismanagement. Things like ACA, having to replace the money stolen from Social Security, replacing the money stolen from Medicare. Not to mention having to increase military spending to compensate for under funding it in the first place.
The military hasnt been underfunded in... forever probably?
The problem with them is mis management.. Giving these irresponsible bureaucrats access to billions of dollars with no accountability..
Might want to read this https://www.usnews.com/debate-club/.../military-already-underfunded-thanks-to-obama. If you don't like that Google and you can find more.

MANDATORY SPENDING HAS INCREASED. That means benefit payouts for SSI, Medicare, and other mandated programs. It's exceeded $2 trillion a year since FY 2011. These payments consume two-thirds of the revenue each year. Only an Act of Congress that amends a program's benefits can change them. That would require a majority vote in both houses and is unlikely to happen. The powerful demographic of seniors would vote lawmakers out of office. But until this is addressed we have zero shot at fixing the deficit.

Look on the bright side.

Big Ears added $10 trillion to the debt, but the economy just lagged and never reached 3% GDP growth. Now with Donnie, it's booming. You should thank Donnie...no?

The economy is doing nothing now it has not been doing for the last 6 or so years.

LOL...yeah except we are at full employment, GDP growth over 4%, and consumer confidence is very high. Very unlike the eight years of malaise under the big eared one.

Unemployment had been moving down for 8 years, that did not change under Trump.

Trump has had one quarter over 4% GDP growth and the rest have been under 3%.

The CCI has been heading up since 2012, nothing changed after the election, it kept moving in the same direction.

You can’t admit that the economy is much better under Donny, can you?

Plus my stock investments have done awesome, since he took over. Wasn’t bad under BO, but much better under Donnie.

You must accept reality or risk being labeled a doofus partisan.

I live by facts and figures. Not a single economic indicator or measure changed its trend after the election, not a single one.

The economy has been improving since 2010, that has not changed. Those are the facts.

The markets did great for the first year under Trump, pretty shitty for his 2nd year. The DJI is essentially where it was in Jan, and it is now Oct. that is not awesome.

You can label me whatever you like, but my views are consistent no matter who is in the White House, unlike yours.

Yeah live in denial of the facts.

Yes the economy was improving under The Messiah, but very slowly. It has improved much quicker under Donnie. FACT.

Donnie is doing more for the middle class and poor, than BO ever did. For this he deserves credit.

Trump is pro business. Big Ears not so much.

Donnie is a buffoon, braggart, and a warmonger. Just like BO and nearly all our recent presidents.

So, I am looking at the good but recognizing there is still much bad. More bad under BO though.

Sad.

The rate is increasing.

Before the tax cut we were adding $2,692,377,671 to the debt each day on average.

Interest rates have gone up so that doesn't help. Entitlements have not been addressed either. I am hoping that by year 4 we are in a surplus and paying it down.
Not looking likely

Sad.

The rate is increasing.

Not looking likely

Hope is not a strategy. I agree.

Too bad we still have hold overs from all those years of mismanagement. Things like ACA, having to replace the money stolen from Social Security, replacing the money stolen from Medicare. Not to mention having to increase military spending to compensate for under funding it in the first place.
The problem with them is mis management.. Giving these irresponsible bureaucrats access to billions of dollars with no accountability..
Might want to read this https://www.usnews.com/debate-club/.../military-already-underfunded-thanks-to-obama. If you don't like that Google and you can find more.
I understand it was lower than it is now, im just saying that is still too much.
Its a load of bullshit.

The Occupoopers who you are citing are liberals who were idolized by Pelosi, Obama et al
This is a depiction of Ted Nugent shatting himself to get out of serving in Vietnam.

OWS_legacy-e1391803701878.jpg

Only crazy people shat themselves in public, and crazy people aren't allowed to serve in our armed forces. AKA get an easy pass off. Get it?

Actually that's just a liberal despoiling our nation's police cruiser, as part of Richard Spencer's Occupy Wall Street Movement that Obama and Pelosi championed a few years ago. Very famous pic, has nothing to do with the great Ted Nugent.

Actually that's just a liberal despoiling our nation's police cruiser, as part of Richard Spencer's Occupy Wall Street Movement that Obama and Pelosi championed a few years ago. Very famous pic, has nothing to do with the great Ted Nugent.
This is Ted Nugent trying to get out of serving in Vietnam dude. A regular crazy person.

ted_nugent_shitty_relapse.jpg

I understand it was lower than it is now, im just saying that is still too much.
Its a load of bullshit.
If you are going to have all the military commitments and engage in wars (whether approved by congress or not) then you need to fund the military.
You can not keep pay at the same level year after year and expect the service to be a viable alternative.

Could we or should we step back? Absolutely. There is no reason why we should not expect other countries to do their share. We do not need to destabilize an area then stay there forever because we have no exit plan before we even started.

Unfortunately we have assumed the role of world cop without approval or monies. Not to mention without proper understanding.

Its a load of bullshit.
If you are going to have all the military commitments and engage in wars (whether approved by congress or not) then you need to fund the military.
You can not keep pay at the same level year after year and expect the service to be a viable alternative.

Could we or should we step back? Absolutely. There is no reason why we should not expect other countries to do their share. We do not need to destabilize an area then stay there forever because we have no exit plan before we even started.

Unfortunately we have assumed the role of world cop without approval or monies. Not to mention without proper understanding.
You arent getting what i am saying. If we could restructure the military we could cut that shit back and not miss out on anything.
It is ran poorly. Even if they were only getting 400B, that is plenty. But what happens when you add in a bunch of bullshit, irresponsibility and no accountability?

Last edited:
Sad.

The rate is increasing.

You are a dreamer!!

You arent getting what i am saying. If we could restructure the military we could cut that shit back and not miss out on anything.
It is ran poorly. Even if they were only getting 400B, that is plenty. But what happens when you subtract a bunch of bullshit, irresponsibility and no accountability?
I think what you're trying to say is that with the military as it is today, there's a lot of waste, fraud and abuse, BUILT IN to the system.

AKA, lots of people at the top are getting paid.

It is ran poorly. Even if they were only getting 400B, that is plenty. But what happens when you subtract a bunch of bullshit, irresponsibility and no accountability?
I think what you're trying to say is that with the military as it is today, there's a lot of waste, fraud and abuse, BUILT IN to the system.

AKA, lots of people at the top are getting paid.

Military spend is $600bn. If you reduce it in half it still doesn't solve your problem. Entitlements must be addressed. Or you need to learn math. Or both.

Forum List

Back