Another Trillion in Debt. Thanks Republicans.

The deficit for the fiscal year comes in at $1,271,158,167,126.
That is the single biggest increase to the deficit in a single year dollar wise, even beating out the jump between 2008 and 2009.
That is a 91.2% increase in the deficit from last year, the 2nd largest such jump in the history of our county.
I wonder if we'll hear talk radio discussing this.

:laugh:

That is the single biggest increase to the deficit in a single year dollar wise, even beating out the jump between 2008 and 2009.

That is a 91.2% increase in the deficit from last year, the 2nd largest such jump in the history of our county.

Our liberal friends really had no problem with deficits when B Hussein O was our Autocrat.

To criticize deficit spending was to be accused of Evil Skinflintery, and now they actually seem concerned.
and our conservative friends said how stupid it was to ignore the debt and keep adding to it.

if you're going to pick a position, great. but it would be even better if people would stick to them regardless of who is driving.

How about my idea to eliminate abortion and sex-change benefits from soldiers and sailors?

If they are dissatisfied with their gender, let them pay for their own transition.

If they want to kill their babies, let them pay the abortionists' bills, and not stick in on John Q. Twelvepack?

The top tax rate needs to increase and the defense budget needs to decrease. .

Punishing people for their success, is no way to breed more success. Further, President Trump's initiative to limit deductions for state and local taxes for the UltraRich were actually hypocritically attacked by his liberal friends.

As far as the defense budget, I can agree with the idea of limiting benefits for soldiers and sailors, and quit covering Sex Change operations and abortions for men in uniform.

Someone needs to pay the bills. The top tax rate got more than 90% of the tax cuts, they also got a windfall in the stock market rising due to the corporate tax cuts. Its not punishing the top rate, its paying the bills. We should also revise the entitlements to make them solvent for the long term. Things like adding a year to the SS retirement ages, throwing people off Medicare that didn't pay in, etc. Those fixes are pretty well known.
Pay the bills on ONLY those things that are necessary. 75% of discretionary spending is NOT necessary.

In addition, people who pay taxes get tax breaks. People who do NOT pay taxes, don't.

Too bad we still have hold overs from all those years of mismanagement. Things like ACA, having to replace the money stolen from Social Security, replacing the money stolen from Medicare. Not to mention having to increase military spending to compensate for under funding it in the first place.
The military hasnt been underfunded in... forever probably?
The problem with them is mis management.. Giving these irresponsible bureaucrats access to billions of dollars with no accountability..

Its a much different comparison when coming out of a huge recession, and the Fed has rates at zero for a long time, to a full employment economy and the Fed raising rates. The US economy needs to grow at an annual rate of 2.8% to cover the budget gap. The is no argument for the Trump stimulating vs Obama's stifling of the economy. Under Obama corporations (like Pfizer) were fleeing the high US corporate tax rate, under Trump they are moving back. Its unknown how long Trump can keep pulling rabbits out of a hat to keep the economy growing...

facebook.png

Our liberal friends really had no problem with deficits when B Hussein O was our Autocrat.

To criticize deficit spending was to be accused of Evil Skinflintery, and now they actually seem concerned.
and our conservative friends said how stupid it was to ignore the debt and keep adding to it.

if you're going to pick a position, great. but it would be even better if people would stick to them regardless of who is driving.

How about my idea to eliminate abortion and sex-change benefits from soldiers and sailors?

If they are dissatisfied with their gender, let them pay for their own transition.

If they want to kill their babies, let them pay the abortionists' bills, and not stick in on John Q. Twelvepack?

The military does not pay for abortions though I do agree with the gender change operations.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

The military does not pay for abortions though I do agree with the gender change operations.

yea, i don't care if you do it. your life, your body. have at it but don't ask people to pay for it for you.

I wonder if we'll hear talk radio discussing this.

:laugh:
Exactly!!!

Republicans and other self-proclaimed conservatives were shatting all over themselves, or wherever, about "Obama SPENDING!!"

OWS_legacy-e1391803701878.jpg

Now....crickets!

#LOLGOP #CLASSIC #TooFunny

Last edited:
US Federal Deficit by Year - plus charts and analysis
Check this out. It does not support your accusations.

In what way does it not support my post?

This year, FY 2018, the federal government in its latest budget has estimated that the deficit will be $833 billion.

Here is the federal deficit by year for the last decade:

Deficits in billions
2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017
$161 $458 $1,413 $1,294 $1,295 $1,087 $679 $485 $438 $585 $665
2007 $161
2008 $458
2009 $1,413
2010 $1,294
2011 $1295
2012 $1,087

Years 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 were larger than the $833 expected this year.

Look on the bright side.

Big Ears added $10 trillion to the debt, but the economy just lagged and never reached 3% GDP growth. Now with Donnie, it's booming. You should thank Donnie...no?

The economy is doing nothing now it has not been doing for the last 6 or so years.

LOL...yeah except we are at full employment, GDP growth over 4%, and consumer confidence is very high. Very unlike the eight years of malaise under the big eared one.

Unemployment had been moving down for 8 years, that did not change under Trump.

Trump has had one quarter over 4% GDP growth and the rest have been under 3%.

The CCI has been heading up since 2012, nothing changed after the election, it kept moving in the same direction.

You can’t admit that the economy is much better under Donny, can you?

Plus my stock investments have done awesome, since he took over. Wasn’t bad under BO, but much better under Donnie.

You must accept reality or risk being labeled a doofus partisan.

US Federal Deficit by Year - plus charts and analysis
Check this out. It does not support your accusations.

In what way does it not support my post?

This year, FY 2018, the federal government in its latest budget has estimated that the deficit will be $833 billion.

Here is the federal deficit by year for the last decade:

Deficits in billions
2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017
$161 $458 $1,413 $1,294 $1,295 $1,087 $679 $485 $438 $585 $665
2007 $161
2008 $458
2009 $1,413
2010 $1,294
2011 $1295
2012 $1,087

Years 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 were larger than the $833 expected this year.

The estimate was wrong, as is almost always the case.
I provided a link in my OP to the governments own website for debt to the penny.

Feel free to do the math and tell me if I am wrong or not.

All this in a booming economy!

Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

He's had a number of successes now besides the dem obstruction. It really is amazing to watch.

I wonder if we'll hear talk radio discussing this. :laugh:
Probably not, the talk about the character assassination of Kavanaugh from the Party of Franken and Weinstein is really dominating the airwaves now.
Add to that the fact that they never seem to "see" stuff that doesn't make their agenda look good.

Neither do their flocks. Coincidentally.

Look on the bright side.

Big Ears added $10 trillion to the debt, but the economy just lagged and never reached 3% GDP growth. Now with Donnie, it's booming. You should thank Donnie...no?

The economy is doing nothing now it has not been doing for the last 6 or so years.

LOL...yeah except we are at full employment, GDP growth over 4%, and consumer confidence is very high. Very unlike the eight years of malaise under the big eared one.

Unemployment had been moving down for 8 years, that did not change under Trump.

Trump has had one quarter over 4% GDP growth and the rest have been under 3%.

The CCI has been heading up since 2012, nothing changed after the election, it kept moving in the same direction.

You can’t admit that the economy is much better under Donny, can you?

Plus my stock investments have done awesome, since he took over. Wasn’t bad under BO, but much better under Donnie.

You must accept reality or risk being labeled a doofus partisan.

I live by facts and figures. Not a single economic indicator or measure changed its trend after the election, not a single one.

The economy has been improving since 2010, that has not changed. Those are the facts.

The markets did great for the first year under Trump, pretty shitty for his 2nd year. The DJI is essentially where it was in Jan, and it is now Oct. that is not awesome.

You can label me whatever you like, but my views are consistent no matter who is in the White House, unlike yours.

He's had a number of successes now besides the dem obstruction. It really is amazing to watch.

Yes, the 91% increase in the deficit in one year was rather amazing to watch.

So was the 16 trillion that W and O added.

So was the 16 trillion that W and O added.

Yep. Amazing how alike those 3 are. Three peas in a pod.

Forum List

Back