Anthony Weiner, from disgraced congressman to mayor?

A PRIVATE Matter(member) that he posted all over the internets.

Perhaps you'd like somebody with that poor judgment to represent you (in your case, it would be a step up)...but decent folks would rather not.
Are YOU one of his constituents?

Did HIS constituents want him to resign? I'll help you...no...they didn't. They've said as much. He was forced out by national party political pressure.

if he did nothing wrong, why was there political pressure? if his constituents didn't want him out, why was there political pressure from his party? kind of makes no sense
That's a good question to ask the Republicans who made a big stink out of it and called for his resignation.

Thank the weak Democrats for caving poitically on the support of Weiner.

Bill Clinton disgraced himself, his Country and his family with decades of infidelity and yet democrats still love the old rapist.

Do you have any idea how many of the Founding Fathers y'all revere so much had affairs? Thomas Jefferson alone puts Bill Clinton to shame.
Thank you! He even had bastard nigrah chillun w/slave girls when blacks were seen as sub-human.

Bill Clinton disgraced himself, his Country and his family with decades of infidelity and yet democrats still love the old rapist.

Do you have any idea how many of the Founding Fathers y'all revere so much had affairs? Thomas Jefferson alone puts Bill Clinton to shame.
Thank you! He even had bastard nigrah chillun w/slave girls when blacks were seen as sub-human.

Doesn't the Democrat party consider Jefferson one of their icons?

Yearly Jefferson/Jackson fundraisers......

Are YOU one of his constituents?

Did HIS constituents want him to resign? I'll help you...no...they didn't. They've said as much. He was forced out by national party political pressure.

if he did nothing wrong, why was there political pressure? if his constituents didn't want him out, why was there political pressure from his party? kind of makes no sense
That's a good question to ask the Republicans who made a big stink out of it and called for his resignation.

MarcATL....you are definitely a thinking man.

Put thought into this....

Weiner was no less human than many. Social media allows for many to play out innocent fantasies. I have no issue with what he did. I wouldnt do it, but I know many who would have and they are normal, honest people with some fantasy quirks....

However.....

When he denied it he didnt do what most do...he did not simply say "someone photo shopped it"

He claimed that people on the right hacked into his computer account.

He allowed a particular group of people potentially take the fall for something he knew they didnt do.

In other words....he made a mistake and looked to capitalize on it politically at the expense of others.

That is what he did wrong...and to me...that is a reason he should have been forced to resign...and never run again.

No accounting for the taste of voters who elected Bloomie.

He was the toast of the conservative town when he was anti union.

really, and the people who voted the Nanny-Commie in is now LIVING with that toast...
just glad I don't live there

he went a little overboard with his "nanny" attitude.

But he did a hell of a job with this city overall.

NYC is not an easy place to govern over.

Marion Barry..I think.

Ah. That makes more sense.

I assumed that it was "Barry" as in the diminutive form of "Barack" that childish Conservatives tend to use.
It's only the name that Barry himself used, when it served him.

Childish indeed. :thup:

Yeah..he was like 18.

We are all expected to be complete adults at the age...fully formed in all our opinions and steady in our resolve.

Which is why the drinking age is 21.

:doubt:

I never had an issue with Weiner's weenie. I didn't think he should have left over the poor judgement issue. We all make stupid mistakes and we should get another shot.

I do have an issue with his story and his cover up. That was chicken shit.

He was the toast of the conservative town when he was anti union.

really, and the people who voted the Nanny-Commie in is now LIVING with that toast...
just glad I don't live there

he went a little overboard with his "nanny" attitude.

But he did a hell of a job with this city overall.

NYC is not an easy place to govern over.

I think he's done a good job.

The soda stuff was a little silly..but the conservative gnashing over it was ridiculous.

Weiner was no less human than many. Social media allows for many to play out innocent fantasies. I have no issue with what he did. I wouldnt do it, but I know many who would have and they are normal, honest people with some fantasy quirks....

However.....

When he denied it he didnt do what most do...he did not simply say "someone photo shopped it"

He allowed a particular group of people potentially take the fall for something he knew they didnt do.

In other words....he made a mistake and looked to capitalize on it politically at the expense of others.

That is what he did wrong...and to me...that is a reason he should have been forced to resign...and never run again.
He panicked, and lied. I was VERY dissapointed in him.

But crucify him for it? No, hell no. It's not that serious. He's done a far better job than to just toss him away like that.

I think even you realize the "never to run again" part is more than a tad overboard Jarhead. The man is already on the ground, don't stomp on his face too. The resignation was more than enough.

Last edited:

Doesn't the Democrat party consider Jefferson one of their icons?

Yearly Jefferson/Jackson fundraisers......

Doesn't everybody consider Jefferson an "icon"? Jefferson makes Clinton look like a Saint.

If given a choice why would anyone support these perv's in future public careers? What signal are we sending to our children (the next generation of politicians)

God help us. :eek:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNddW2xmZp8]Oscar Mayer Wiener 1965 Commercial (one of America's Best Ads) - YouTube[/ame]

From bad to worse. There is always hope, it's just not in government.

However.....

But crucify him for it? No, hell no. It's not that serious. He's done a far better job than to just toss him away like that.

I think even you realize the "never to run again" part is more than a tad overboard Jarhead. The man is already on the ground, don't stomp on his face too. The resignation was more than enough.

I think you missed my point.

To panick and lie in an effort to avoid getting in trouble is human nature.
I dont hold that against him.

He took it to a completely different level. He did not simply lie. He blamed a gropup of people of committing a crime. He claimed opponents of his hacked into his computer.

So what he did was lie to protect himself.....fine....but then capitalized on it by accusing his opponents of committing a crime....knowing full well that no crime was committed.

Look at it this way....

If you have a child who takes 10 bucks out of his mothers pocketbook, it is a typical child doing what kids do.

When asked if he took it and he says "no", that would be a typical child lying to his parents as most children do.

If that child, however, says he knew his SISTER took the money when questioned....you have a much more serious issue with the child.

Do you not see my point?

Anthony set the standard for what we can expect him to do if he's under pressure, lie.

And you want to reelect him? People like him don't deserve the trust of the people. The trust of THEIR hard earned money.

However.....

I agree, he made some mistakes, if the good people of New York City want to elect him, then good for them. He should have never resigned.

However.....

I agree, he made some mistakes, if the good people of New York City want to elect him, then good for them. He should have never resigned.

He reported a federal crime that never happened to cover himself. He claimed his political opponents hacked his internet account.

I dont mind the sexting antics. I dont mind lying to cover ones tracks.

We should all mind someone who is willing to blame others for their own mistakes.

Forum List

Back