Anthony Weiner: Whats the problem?

Of course you would. But if this involved a republican...what would you be saying now??
I'd be saying I'm not at all surprised. Which is what I said when Senator Larry Craig got caught soliciting a cop in an airport toilet.

So why are you not saying the same thing about Weiner? Because you're a hypocrite? It's one thing that he got caught the first time....now we find out he kept doing it! And you think he doing nothing wrong......and his wife is an idiot!
How do you know I didn't say, or think, exactly that?

The fact is an American politician would need to do something almost supernatural to surprise me. And just because you obviously are wedded to the right wing as if to a religious cult don't presume everyone else is equally committed to some political coven. I am no less contemptuous of most Democrat politicians as I am of most Republicans.

It might surprise you to know I was a registered Republican going back to 1960, when I got out of the military and took an interest in politics, and my inclination back then was strictly conservative. The Republican Conservatives of today in no way resemble those of that era but are an entirely different breed, which is why I quit the Republican Party in 2003 when George W. Bush showed me just how much that party had degenerated. I re-registered as a Democrat only because there is no Independent Party in New Jersey and I wish to vote in primaries.

Essentially, I am an Independent. I follow people and ideas, not parties.

Last edited:
So why are you not saying the same thing about Weiner? Because you're a hypocrite? It's one thing that he got caught the first time....now we find out he kept doing it! And you think he doing nothing wrong......and his wife is an idiot!
Weiner hasn't broken any laws. He hasn't molested any children or laid hands on anyone. He engages in what I consider to be harmless sexual dalliances via the same electronic communication channels which carry an endless progression of annoying solicitations to buy everything from boner pills to used cars. Any and all of these harmless impositions are easily dismissed with a keystroke but a really big deal is being made of this rather hilarious Weiner dalliance.

The guy is kinky in a very peculiar way which basically harms no one. As far as his wife is concerned, this issue is between the two of them. Essentially -- who cares?

Actually, I got you coming and going.

If Wiener-boy can't even honor the covenant he entered into with his wife, what makes anyone so stupid as to believe that his constituents would be treated any better?

It's not about sex...It's about honor and dignity.

I realize that, but (again) my point is so many worse character flaws go uncovered in Washington. Lets keep our standards more consistent.

Coming and going? What do you mean by that?

Character flaws presume you have any character in the first place....Wiener has demonstrated that he has none to speak of.

And were there so much as a shred of character in the Democrat Party, Diannne Frankenstein would be bunking with Jesse Jackson jr., rather than still have her dried up old ass still parked in the Senate....You want to talk about warmongering?...You want to talk about lack of standards of behavior?.... Look no further than that decrepit old hag.

Now, as truly fucked up as the GOP is, at least they can be bothered to take out their own trash.

Oddball- Looking at the past, is there a strong correlation between men who flirt / have sex out of wedlock and poor, ineffective leadership? Meaning, if we look back on all of our "greatest" leaders from the birth of the United States, would you be hard pressed to find a "cheater" in the group?

Last edited:
Thank you!

This is like people saying Lincoln was terrrrible because he cheated on his wife. His history is destroyed. Unfit for office, a disgrace.

And other womanly buzz words

I'd be saying I'm not at all surprised. Which is what I said when Senator Larry Craig got caught soliciting a cop in an airport toilet.

How do you know I didn't say, or think, exactly that?

The fact is an American politician would need to do something almost supernatural to surprise me. And just because you obviously are wedded to the right wing as if to a religious cult don't presume everyone else is equally committed to some political coven. I am no less contemptuous of most Democrat politicians as I am of most Republicans.

It might surprise you to know I was a registered Republican going back to 1960, when I got out of the military and took an interest in politics, and my inclination back then was strictly conservative. The Republican Conservatives of today in no way resemble those of that era but are an entirely different breed, which is why I quit the Republican Party in 2003 when George W. Bush showed me just how much that party had degenerated. I re-registered as a Democrat only because there is no Independent Party in New Jersey and I wish to vote in primaries.

I am not "wedded" to the right....it's just that their values are more in line with mine. I don't call myself a republican, I'm a conservative, and I don't always agree with what republicans do. But the fact is, I very seldom agree with what the Dems do.....but I did vote for Clinton, twice! I would never vote for his wife!!!
Essentially, I am an Independent. I follow people and ideas, not parties.

My parents were always democrat up through the 60's. And you're right, things did change back then. Dem's were always pretty conservative and the republicans were more like dems today. Until they both died in the 1990's, they voted republican for about 20 yrs. I don't know what happened because I wasn't really interested in politics until about the last 10 yrs. But I remember my dad shaking his head at what the Dems had become.

I realize that, but (again) my point is so many worse character flaws go uncovered in Washington. Lets keep our standards more consistent.

Coming and going? What do you mean by that?

Character flaws presume you have any character in the first place....Wiener has demonstrated that he has none to speak of.

And were there so much as a shred of character in the Democrat Party, Diannne Frankenstein would be bunking with Jesse Jackson jr., rather than still have her dried up old ass still parked in the Senate....You want to talk about warmongering?...You want to talk about lack of standards of behavior?.... Look no further than that decrepit old hag.

Now, as truly fucked up as the GOP is, at least they can be bothered to take out their own trash.

Oddball- Looking at the past, is there a strong correlation between men who flirt / have sex out of wedlock and poor, ineffective leadership? Meaning, if we look back on all of our "greatest" leaders from the birth of the United States, would you be hard pressed to find a "cheater" in the group?

Like Thomas Jefferson

Tony Weenie looks like a major pervert. They need to check for missing persons and dig up his backyard.
But there is a problem in that everyone seems to be focused on his sexual kink, which doesn't seem to bother his wife, while ignoring what a fireball politician Weiner was --a superb hell-raiser in the Congress, the kind of old-fashioned brick-tosser we haven't seen in decades.

So who cares if his happy hour thing is performing self-aggrandizing boner dramas on-line? If that's his hangup let him get it off. He harms no one. I'm sure there are a few really degenerate perverts in the Congress who just haven't been exposed.

I am very disappointed that Weiner has blown himself up. I was so looking forward to his performances on the Floor of the House. He is exactly what the Democratic Party desperately needs -- a crazy Jew with monumental balls.

He will be missed.

He's a Democrat so anything goes.. as usual. He could be screwing goats in the public square and the moonbats would be saying who cares.
Recalling George H. W. Bush's wife, "Babs," would you really think little of that man if you found out he preferred screwing a goat?

Really?

Forum List

Back