Anti gun protester David Hogg protected by armed guards

It’s completely a choice.
Correct! People can choose to break the law. You are free to pay the fines and higher insurance rates, and you are free to increase your own risk of death and injury. People have a right to be stupid and irrational in this country.
Exactly. That was my entire point. And keep in mind too that my family member has never received a ticket or fine for not wearing their seatbelt (because they’ve never been caught). So DrLove ’s entire position was inaccurate and irrational.

If I lived in a town where I was in a constant of fear and panic then I would move, perhaps you might want to think about that.
I have neither “fear” nor an ounce of “panic” where I live. Likewise, I have never been in a single automobile accident in my entire life. But I still wear my seatbelt.

Really not a good comparison at all, but if it works for you, I am happy for you.
It’s a perfect comparison. Which is exactly why you’re running from it.

Sorry dude - a cop cannot ticket you for the SOLE reason you were not wearing a seatbelt except in 15 states.
Exactly. Which makes the choice even easier to make for those who choose not to wear one.

Carrying a gun everywhere is paranoid and stupid.
Which is exactly as idiotic and ignorant as saying “wearing a seatbelt everywhere you drive is paranoid and stupid”. :laugh:

The difference? You’re very weak-minded and were conditioned to believe that seatbelts are “good” while guns are “scary”.

Additionally, if a person is injured and not at fault - not wearing a seatbelt results in significantly reduced damages.
Not carrying a firearm results in significantly reduced self-defense.

Judging by the hate from perpetually obsessed Hogg-Haters perpetually flowing his way - He NEEDS a body guard.
Judging by the 2.3 million prisoners in the U.S. (and the millions more released), I need unfettered access to firearms. Yet you want to restrict or even prevent me from owning one.

Hypocrisy, much?

Hogg and the rest of the Parkland kids support the second amendment.
And I am a gun owner

What else ya got :confused-84: :dunno: :confused-84:

No, they don't....they are lying.

Here is what they want - They support the second amendment for law abiding gun owners but simply want universal checks and a ban on assault-style weapons and high capacity magazines. Neither of those things is guaranteed in the second amendment. Ask the ghost of Scalia.

Here are the laws that student gun-control activists from Parkland actually want to pass

If I lived in a town where I was in a constant of fear and panic then I would move, perhaps you might want to think about that.
I have neither “fear” nor an ounce of “panic” where I live. Likewise, I have never been in a single automobile accident in my entire life. But I still wear my seatbelt.

Really not a good comparison at all, but if it works for you, I am happy for you.
It’s a perfect comparison. Which is exactly why you’re running from it.

It is a terrible comparison because you do not take my seatbelt everywhere you go, which you claim to do with your gun.

Leftist idiots are to far gone to reach.
The upside to that though? Conservatism is rapidly taking over the entire world. People have seen the horrors of progressivism and are rapidly turning to conservatism to bail them out. Even in places like England (May), France (Le Pen), Canada (Ontario), and even Columbia of all places (Duque).

It reminds me a lot of the 1980’s when conservatism lead the world with Ronald Reagan, Margaret Thatcher, Brian Mulroney, Pope John Paul II, etc.

Yeah.....when the left gives criminals a free hand at rape, robbery and murder...tends to wake people up to the fact that left wingers are stupid and nuts....

Why are these gun grabbing morons so clueless to Europe. WHat is so hard about sitting down reading the news on Europe and not being able to comprehend why MSM isn't really reporting on Europe falling.

Oh maybe they don't want to lose tourist revenue lol.

Judging by the hate from perpetually obsessed Hogg-Haters perpetually flowing his way - He NEEDS a body guard.
Judging by the 2.3 million prisoners in the U.S. (and the millions more released), I need unfettered access to firearms. Yet you want to restrict or even prevent me from owning one.

Hypocrisy, much?

And I am a gun owner

Here is what they want - They support the second amendment for law abiding gun owners but simply want universal checks and a ban on assault-style weapons and high capacity magazines. Neither of those things is guaranteed in the second amendment. Ask the ghost of Scalia.

Here are the laws that student gun-control activists from Parkland actually want to pass

They want a ban on all semi automatic weapons, you doofus...that would be all rifles, shotguns, and pistols, including revolvers......unless they were lever action, pump or bolt action....that means concealed carry of guns would be over, since all pistols would be banned.

You should read Friedman v Highland Park, moron, because Scalia states what Heller means...he protects the very rifles they want banned...you doofus...

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/15pdf/15-133_7l48.pdf

That analysis misreads Heller. The question under Heller is not whether citizens have adequate alternatives available for self-defense. Rather, Heller asks whether the law bans types of firearms commonly used for a lawful purpose—regardless of whether alternatives exist. 554 U. S., at 627–629.

And Heller draws a distinction between such firearms and weapons specially adapted to unlawful uses and not in common use, such as sawed-off shotguns. Id., at 624–625. The City’s ban is thus highly suspect because it broadly prohibits common semiautomatic firearms used for lawful purposes.

Roughly five million Americans own AR-style semiautomatic rifles. See 784 F. 3d, at 415, n. 3. The overwhelming majority of citizens who own and use such rifles do so for lawful purposes, including self-defense and target shooting. See ibid. Under our precedents, that is all that is needed for citizens to have a right under the Second Amendment to keep such weapons. See McDonald, 561 U. S., at 767–768; Heller, supra, at 628–629.

Hypocrisy, much?

And I am a gun owner

What would either one of those things do to stop mass shooters...you know, their entire reason for their pathetic bus tour?

Carrying a gun everywhere is paranoid and stupid.
Which is exactly as idiotic and ignorant as saying “wearing a seatbelt everywhere you drive is paranoid and stupid”. :laugh:

The difference? You’re very weak-minded and were conditioned to believe that seatbelts are “good” while guns are “scary”.

Oh for the love of God - You're twice as likely to die or sustain a serious injury in accident without a seatbelt.

Among drivers and front-seat passengers, seat belts reduce the risk of death by 45%, and cut the risk of serious injury by 50%.

Show me statistics proving you're twice as likely to die if you don't carry a fucking gun everywhere you go.

Go take a Logic101 class please. :rolleyes-41:

Hypocrisy, much?

And I am a gun owner

They want a ban on all semi automatic weapons, you doofus...that would be all rifles, shotguns, and pistols, including revolvers......unless they were lever action, pump or bolt action....that means concealed carry of guns would be over, since all pistols would be banned.

You should read Friedman v Highland Park, moron, because Scalia states what Heller means...he protects the very rifles they want banned...you doofus...

That analysis misreads Heller. The question under Heller is not whether citizens have adequate alternatives available for self-defense. Rather, Heller asks whether the law bans types of firearms commonly used for a lawful purpose—regardless of whether alternatives exist. 554 U. S., at 627–629.

And Heller draws a distinction between such firearms and weapons specially adapted to unlawful uses and not in common use, such as sawed-off shotguns. Id., at 624–625. The City’s ban is thus highly suspect because it broadly prohibits common semiautomatic firearms used for lawful purposes.

Roughly five million Americans own AR-style semiautomatic rifles. See 784 F. 3d, at 415, n. 3. The overwhelming majority of citizens who own and use such rifles do so for lawful purposes, including self-defense and target shooting. See ibid. Under our precedents, that is all that is needed for citizens to have a right under the Second Amendment to keep such weapons. See McDonald, 561 U. S., at 767–768; Heller, supra, at 628–629.

Time for your cut-n-paste about all the wonderful things the NRA does - LoL

Hypocrisy, much?

And I am a gun owner

You mean like keeping kids safe from guns, training police and other first responders, providing security analysis for schools...... teaching Americans how to use guns safely and fighting democrats when the democrats try to release violent criminals from jail...

You mean like that?

No they do NOT want a ban on "all semi-auto". The word "semi" cannot be found in their list.

Lil Davey needs to be careful who he thinks his 'friends' are. If he trusts the Democratic Party leaders with providing his 'security' he's an idiot; they will make a 'photo op' of his getting murdered in a heartbeat as soon as he's no longer 'useful' and they think they can get away with it. Look at what the vermin do to kids already..

Hypocrisy, much?

And I am a gun owner

No they do NOT want a ban on "all semi-auto". The word "semi" cannot be found in their list.

The AR-15 rifle is not an Assault weapon, it is a semi automatic rifle and they want those rifles banned......you are lying, they are lying....at their CNN townhall they all screamed they want to ban semi automatic weapons...at their anti gun rallies across the country, they demanded all semi automatic weapons be banned....

You are lying.

And I am a gun owner

The AR-15 rifle is not an Assault weapon, it is a semi automatic rifle and they want those rifles banned......you are lying, they are lying....at their CNN townhall they all screamed they want to ban semi automatic weapons...at their anti gun rallies across the country, they demanded all semi automatic weapons be banned....

You are lying.

Assault-STYLE weapon - Cripes, now you're getting all wonky about it! :D

You are lying.

Assault-STYLE weapon - Cripes, now you're getting all wonky about it! :D

Moron...the AR-15 is a semi automatic rifle.....like every other rifle......it is not assault style, it is not a military weapon and has never been used in war........ they screamed they want to ban all semi automatic rifles at their CNN town hall.... you don't get to lie about this anymore.... your idiot allies gave up the game...

A downright drooling-dumb comparison if ya ask me ;-)

Forum List

Back