Anti-Politically Correct Sign in Houston Restaurant: Yay or Nay?

What is your response to the Anti-PC Sign?

• Yay - Positive: I like more than dislike

Votes: 39 84.8%
  • Nay - Negative: I dislike more than I like

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Neutral - It doesn't invoke a response either way, positive or negative

Votes: 6 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You are an idiot. Trust me on that.

What are your educational qualifications exactly?
Pardon my interruption... but I'll speak for LL... "aaaahhh... derp, slurp, gurgle burp... I once fucked a chicken."

I thought you were going to argue with Lucy about whether or not education equals intelligence. What happened?
You chimed in.

That's weak. You realized that she was a nutbag and begged off. You are clear like a pane of glass, dummy.
The two of them are nutbags.

None of those things offend anyone.

Some people freak at *gasp* Merry Christmas, I mean, seriously those people need to get help.
No, people do not freak out at Merry Christmas.

If the owners really wanted to strike a blow against PC they'd use real politically incorrect phrases. "We will call you ******, ****, faggot! And if you don't like it, leave!

But of course they aren't brave enough for that.

So what's all this rubbish with the "Happy Holidays" stuff then? How did that all come about? That's right, because "Merry Christmas" was considered "offensive" by a minority of bedwetters, and as we know, minority rules now....who cares what the majority thinks anymore :rolleyes-41:

Personally I think the bedwetters problems began in early infancy, they probably weren't breastfed correctly.

Happy holidays is not something new. It's been around forever and is used in classic carols. There are multiple holidays from thanksgiving to new year. It is the holiday season. Happy holidays is simply a way to give best wishes for all at once. This "war on Christmas" shit was totally manufactured by the talk radio crowd to stir the idiots. Apparently it worked.

View attachment 57634 Anti-politically correct signs draw attention at popular Houston chain restaurant Berryhill Baja Grill

HOUSTON (KTRK) --
Businesses take a lot of care in catering to customers and clients, avoiding offending them at nearly any cost.

That is why signs posted on each of the five company-owned Berryhill Baja Grill restaurants in the Houston area are getting attention.

The signs read: "Notice. This store is politically incorrect.
We say Merry Christmas. God bless America.
We salute our flag and give thanks to our troops, police officers and firefighters.
If this offends you, you are welcome to leave. In God we trust."

It is signed, Berryhill.

The signs were posted at the direction of Berryhill CEO Jeff Anon. The tipping point for him was the generic red cups used for the holiday season by a well-known coffee establishment. At the time it was described as more inclusive for people of all beliefs.

When Anon's son showed him a picture of similar signs going up at other businesses around the country, he had his own printed.

"I don't think anybody means anything bad or mean when they say Merry Christmas, and I thought somebody had to stand up and say enough of this," he said.

Some signs have disappeared from the restaurants, from customers who were offended. They are quickly replaced.

Anon said there have been some complaints, but "I'd say for every one who thought it wasn't appropriate, probably 10 to 20 who thought it was and supported it."

That's echoed by customers like Randy Massy.

"I guess the political correctness has gone overboard sometimes," he said.

Ditto for Cynthia Bivins. While lunching at the Post Oak location with her friend, the attorney said, "I celebrate Christmas. I salute the flagl I'm an American. It doesn't offend me at all."

Business continues to go well at Anon's restaurants. The company owns five Berryhills in Houston. There are franchises as well. Anon says those are not included on the sign list, and doesn't know if any franchise-holders have asked to display them.

=============

What is your response to the Sign: Yay Nay or Neutral?

Of course I voted Yay, being anti-politically correct myself.

What on earth is happening, when these perfectly normal sayings and comments are considered in any way offensive?

"Notice. This store is politically incorrect.
We say Merry Christmas. God bless America.
We salute our flag and give thanks to our troops, police officers and firefighters.

I mean, something is seriously wrong with a person if they're offended by any of these things. The whole political correctness craziness has totally got out of hand now, and is in fact bordering on total insanity.

I don't see many who would be offended by that. It seems to be a conservative myth that liberals actually think that
However, If it said..

We say screw Muslims and Jews we are Christians.
We hate fags and don't want them frequenting our establishment.
Negroes will be served last

Some people freak at *gasp* Merry Christmas, I mean, seriously those people need to get help.

If the owners really wanted to strike a blow against PC they'd use real politically incorrect phrases. "We will call you ******, ****, faggot! And if you don't like it, leave!

So what's all this rubbish with the "Happy Holidays" stuff then? How did that all come about? That's right, because "Merry Christmas" was considered "offensive" by a minority of bedwetters, and as we know, minority rules now....who cares what the majority thinks anymore :rolleyes-41:

Personally I think the bedwetters problems began in early infancy, they probably weren't breastfed correctly.

Happy holidays is not something new. It's been around forever and is used in classic carols. There are multiple holidays from thanksgiving to new year. It is the holiday season. Happy holidays is simply a way to give best wishes for all at once. This "war on Christmas" shit was totally manufactured by the talk radio crowd to stir the idiots. Apparently it worked.
I just signed bonus checks and wrote Merry Christmas on all of them :) I wasn't even offended!

You are offended by "Happy Holidays", it would seem.

I'm not offended by "Happy Holidays", I just think it's completely pathetic, it's something only bedwetters could have thought up, obviously using their collectively shared 1.5 braincell.

I blame Andy Williams

I have a very limited knowledge of German (virtually ZERO) but that does indeed sound quite appropriate...whatever it is.

Greg

I'm saying he/she obviously was educated on the farm with those animals sheep, rooster, goat, cow....I could have chosen schwein - the pig and thrown in hund - the dog....but I choose not to, my sophisticated manners couldn't bring me to resort to that.

That may be so but I do like that you have a sense of humour...something the lefties here seem not to have.
Greg

Thanks, 'um I'm not a Leftie though....sorry to disappoint :(

He didn't call you a lefty. He compared you to lefties. You failed to comprehend once again. That's the intelligence I was referring to.

As English isn't my first language, have you thought that MAYBE sometimes I failed to comprehend as I sometimes don't pick up on these subtle phrases and such?

I can write English, I can speak English, but sometimes subtle differences in certain things escape me.

A person of intelligence would already have realised that; I notice that LL didn't. Nuff said.

Greg

Freedom of speech. But there's nothing offensive on the sign. If you do find it offensive then you have issues.

I don't see many who would be offended by that. It seems to be a conservative myth that liberals actually think that
However, If it said..

We say screw Muslims and Jews we are Christians.
We hate fags and don't want them frequenting our establishment.
Negroes will be served last

Now ^ THIS ^ is bold.

* But you should have said Black people *who don't tip* will be treated accordingly.
(And I thought the Jews and Christians were more aligned but divided from the Muslims?)
* And you should specify in fine print:
"We'll still take your money as long as it says In God We Trust"

Ha ha rightwinger you finally posted something I can applaud with humor right on target.

I don't see anything wrong with anyone sharing where ever it is that they choose to stand on anything. This is how you get to know anyone. If everyone was quiet, you wouldn't know what kind of people were in your presence.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. Who you choose to have anything to do with of course is your own decision once you know about those who are around you.

It's a shame everything has to be political now.

Shame.

You're correct, society was much better when politics was kept out of everyday life situations.

(X)It has come to the point that every thing has become offensive these days. It is getting to the point that one, and maybe being done on purpose, that this could be one way of trying to shut shutting down any honest debates, to know and learn the truth, and we are all being set up for a communist way of life in the future. If there is no freedom to question, then there is no freedom at all. But don't mention that to any lieberal, they are just to stunned to figure that one out. Geez, I think that I just offended a lieberal.

Aw well. :beer:

(X)It has come to the point that every thing has become offensive these days. It is getting to the point that one, and maybe being done on purpose, that this could be one way of trying to shut shutting down any honest debates..
That's precisely what it is.

PC: Strategic hypersensitivity deployed specifically to put your target on the defensive and control the conversation.

They have zero (0) interest in the free and open exchange of ideas.

Shame.

You're correct, society was much better when politics was kept out of everyday life situations.

(X)It has come to the point that every thing has become offensive these days. It is getting to the point that one, and maybe being done on purpose, that this could be one way of trying to shut shutting down any honest debates, to know and learn the truth, and we are all being set up for a communist way of life in the future. If there is no freedom to question, then there is no freedom at all. But don't mention that to any lieberal, they are just to stunned to figure that one out. Geez, I think that I just offended a lieberal.

This is it, this is exactly why they're obsessed with stopping any debate and why they need to make everything offensive, Leftists are actually the least tolerant group on the planet....and they're terrified of the truth.

truth-george-orwell-1984.jpg

tolerant-liberal-600x624.jpg

I'm good with it seems like way to many people go out of their way to find a reason to be offended.

The only thing that offends me is paedophilia and paedophiles, those POS just need executing as quickly as possible.

Nothing else offends me.

What ever happened to the good old days when we use to say "sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me". We need to get back to those good old days before the Marxists lieberals took over the program and agenda for all the world to adhere too.

What ever happened to the good old days when we use to say "sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me". We need to get back to those good old days before the Marxists lieberals took over the program and agenda for all the world to adhere too.
The Regressive Left has learned how to weaponize PC to its advantage.

If being "offended" can give them some kind of advantage, then you bet, they'll be "offended".

Shame.

This is it, this is exactly why they're obsessed with stopping any debate and why they need to make everything offensive, Leftists are actually the least tolerant group on the planet....and they're terrified of the truth.

View attachment 57733

View attachment 57732

(X)If you keep up postings like this, those intolerant Lieberals are going to end up having a chit fit, and they may even end up with a truth hurts conservative headache.

Aw well, chit happens.

Forum List

Back