Any Vietnam era vets on this forum?

Since Hossfly mentioned a good book about the Vietnam war.

I'll mention one that has affected me personally. The book is titled:

"Sappers in the Wire: The Life and Death of Firebase Mary Ann"

No, I wasn't there, (thankfully) but my high school friend whom I was drafted with was one of 30 American soldiers killed in the attack.

When 50 'Sappers" (think vietnamese ninjas in just their underwear) with AK-47's and high explosive satchel charges on a suicide mission. They overran the firebase in the last major US defeat of the war.

In my opinion, it's one of the best books about the Vietnam war during the last years.

Amazon.com: Sappers in the Wire: The Life and Death of Firebase Mary Ann (Williams-Ford Texas A&M University Military History Series) (9781585446438): Keith William Nolan: Books

Arlington, November 11, 2015 with some of the gang. On Saturday Nov,14 we celebrated the beginning of the Battle of Ia Drang Valley at LZ X-RAY. Had my baseball hat on.

We Were Soldiers Once and Young: Ia Drang Valley 1965 withLisa Soltow Brannon and 9 others at Vietnam Veterans Memorial.

November 11 · Washington, District of Columbia, DC · ·

What's funny Goddess_Ashtara ? That all 4 of the women in the picture lost their fathers in that battle? Around 250 people lost someone in that battle.

Arlington, November 11, 2015 with some of the gang. On Saturday Nov,14 we celebrated the beginning of the Battle of Ia Drang Valley at LZ X-RAY. Had my baseball hat on.

We Were Soldiers Once and Young: Ia Drang Valley 1965 withLisa Soltow Brannon and 9 others at Vietnam Veterans Memorial.

November 11 · Washington, District of Columbia, DC · ·

What's funny Goddess_Ashtara ? That all 4 of the women in the picture lost their fathers in that battle? Around 250 people lost someone in that battle.

Now you know why she's on ignore.

To all the Nam vets, thank you and I'm sorry you were treated so bad when arriving home.
If you were in the military during that time you didn't even have to go Vietnam to be called baby-killers.

The same motherfuckers that were spitting on us are now running the Democrap party.
I have 2 brothers in law that served and they came home, got jobs, raised families and didn`t spend decades making up stupid shit about being spit on. Do you have any proof of your allegations? Let`s have a look.

To all the Nam vets, thank you and I'm sorry you were treated so bad when arriving home.
If you were in the military during that time you didn't even have to go Vietnam to be called baby-killers.

The same motherfuckers that were spitting on us are now running the Democrap party.
I have 2 brothers in law that served and they came home, got jobs, raised families and didn`t spend decades making up stupid shit about being spit on. Do you have any proof of your allegations? Let`s have a look.
From 1965 to 1975 if you came through San Francisco International on the way back from SE Asia you got spit on and the police warned everyone beforehand if a soldier retaliated he would be arrested. No stupid shit either, Twinkles.

From 1965 to 1975 if you came through San Francisco International on the way back from SE Asia you got spit on and the police warned everyone beforehand if a soldier retaliated he would be arrested. No stupid shit either, Twinkles.
I came through SF in 1975 going to Treasure Island HT"A" US Navy Firefighting School. I mostly saw alot of Harri Krishnah's at the airports.

Nope....I was stationed at Pearl Harbor in 76' when a bunch of longhairs started screaming that I was a baby-killer from a speeding car. My guess they were Navy Brats too.

Everyone hated the military back then.

The day I separated from the service.

I put on my civilian clothes and headed back home.

Picked up my old life and never talked to anyone about where I had been or what I had done.

For the next three decades my time in uniform was just a very distant memory.

It wasn't until the last few years when people would say to me, "Thank you for your service", when they noticed I was a veteran on a form or application; that memories came back, along with some sadness. The first time someone said that to me, I was kinda startled, and just nodded my head.

But today I use my veteran status on a regular basis......discounts at many stores....10% off at Home Depot and Lowes......free breakfast at Denny's on veterans day.....discounts on tickets to movies and amusement parks.....etc. ...... :thup: .. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:

I came through SF in 1975 going to Treasure Island HT"A" US Navy Firefighting School. I mostly saw alot of Harri Krishnah's at the airports.

Nope....I was stationed at Pearl Harbor in 76' when a bunch of longhairs started screaming that I was a baby-killer from a speeding car. My guess they were Navy Brats too.

Your story is just one of hundreds of thousands of bullshit stories told by vets. No one has been able to prove that any of that shit happened and everybody didn`t hate the military. Everybody had a friend, relative, son, etc. in the military. What most people hated was the govt.`s policy regarding Vietnam.

Your story is just one of hundreds of thousands of bullshit stories told by vets. No one has been able to prove that any of that shit happened and everybody didn`t hate the military. Everybody had a friend, relative, son, etc. in the military. What most people hated was the govt.`s policy regarding Vietnam.

Oh just stop, it's common knowledge they were treated like shit when they came back. You're just commenting to antagonize

Sorry that i don't have proof.

A camera phone would have proved it, but they hadn't been invented in 1976.

patch-2.png

If I went back there it wouldn't be to play golf. No 9 iron; 7.62 wedge maybe.

Go away, fucktard. You are stinking up this thread.

Forum List

Back