Any Vietnam era vets on this forum?

To all the Nam vets, thank you and I'm sorry you were treated so bad when arriving home.
If you were in the military during that time you didn't even have to go Vietnam to be called baby-killers.

The same motherfuckers that were spitting on us are now running the Democrap party.
proves you were never in

For someone who loves wearing Russian headgear, which I saw in your photos in the gallery .....that means dick.

To all the Nam vets, thank you and I'm sorry you were treated so bad when arriving home.
If you were in the military during that time you didn't even have to go Vietnam to be called baby-killers.

The same motherfuckers that were spitting on us are now running the Democrap party.
proves you were never in

For someone who loves wearing Russian headgear, which I saw in your photos in the gallery .....that means dick.

hey low IQ boy I got that when I visited russia in the 1980's , unlike a dumb pud like you you is scared of leaving this country to see the wold

I never knew a Republican to make it to Vietnam. I just knew one back home.

His name was Jody.

Your story is just one of hundreds of thousands of bullshit stories told by vets. No one has been able to prove that any of that shit happened and everybody didn`t hate the military. Everybody had a friend, relative, son, etc. in the military. What most people hated was the govt.`s policy regarding Vietnam.
The nonsense is the claim that it did not happen.

Arlington, November 11, 2015 with some of the gang. On Saturday Nov,14 we celebrated the beginning of the Battle of Ia Drang Valley at LZ X-RAY. Had my baseball hat on.

We Were Soldiers Once and Young: Ia Drang Valley 1965 withLisa Soltow Brannon and 9 others at Vietnam Veterans Memorial.

November 11 · Washington, District of Columbia, DC · ·

Are you the one turned around peeing on the far left?
I'm on the right peeing in a guys pocket.

Thank you to all the vets :)

Since this came up, perhaps you boys who had boots on the ground could help settle a debate in my circle?

A while back I was watching some show and they were talking about the lack of close ground air support back then (apparently due to some Air Force brass who felt that the future of warfare was long range air combat - missles and stuff - so therefore didn't put any funding into ground air support planes, which is apparently how the army ended up with the Apache? - I hope I got the name right, today it's the Warthog... I think.)

Anyway, I was just wondering if you boys felt that there would have been a lot less American casualties /if/ you had something other than make-shift machine guns mounted on Heuy's for the task, or if ya'll feel that because of the jungle terrain and ground mines/booby traps its effectiveness would have been largely situational?

At least one study has been done regarding the spitting incidents and not one incident proved reliable. It was the wrong war with the wrong enemy, but it was indicative of our fears at that time. Are we a fearful people and are our fears being used by politicians today?

Last edited:
~snort~ Fear and hate have been used by politicians for ages, it's how we /got/ to the crap division we have today.

I wish we could just blame hippies or some other easy out for the disrespect of our soldiers and our country, but reality is that we started socially "accepting" things and shit has been rolling down hill ever since - now it's generally socially acceptable to shit on the American flag. Which is just bizarre if you think about the underlying meaning of such an act, but it is what it is; something we have to deal with.

Unfortunately once one opens the "socially acceptable" doorway it will inherently get wider and wider as time goes on. Like back when I was growing up disrespecting the flag in any way was absolutely not socially acceptable and doing such a thing would get you ostracized in school/social circles, today (in some places), not so much. It's just going to get worse as each "next generation" pushes the envelope a little further to get attention, then folks defend it as "socially acceptable" which ultimately forces the next generation to think of something even worse to get /their/ attention. Never ending cycle heh

Yes spitting occurred and much more than people realize. Any who buy into are as deluded as far right reactionaries are about commies under their bed.

---- Yes Virginia, Vietnam Vets were spit on - Broowaha

Dr. Jerry Lembcke a professor at Holy Cross, published a book in 1998 entitled "The Spitting Image: Myth, Memory, and the Legacy of Vietnam" in which Lembcke asserts that Vietnam Veterans were never

Lembcke, a staunch anti-war activist, member of "Vietnam Veterans Against the War", and to this day, a leading critic of U.S. foreign policy has become the sole "academic" reference for the repudiation of the spitting myth. To say he is biased would be an understatement.

To the surprise of no one, the media and many current anti-war groups quickly accepted Lembcke's assertions in an attempt to rehabilitate an anti-war movement devoid of credibility. Unfortunately, to anyone who reads his book, Lembcke's work is flawed at every level and wouldn't be worthy of mention except that it is now the single source cited by anyone wishing to ignore historical fact and propagate Lembcke's position that Vietnam Vets were not spit on. This is exactly why the anti-war movement has no credibility with mainstream Americans: Many are against the war but few want to be lumped in with these wild eyed ex-hippies trying to convince the American people their servicemen committed war crimes and atrocities against the Vietnamese.

Read more at Yes Virginia, Vietnam Vets were spit on - Broowaha

proves you were never in

hey low IQ boy I got that when I visited russia in the 1980's , unlike a dumb pud like you you is scared of leaving this country to see the wold
Look you fat fucking Squid, I've seen most of Asia, a good deal of the Pacific including Hawaii, Guam, Hong Kong, Korea, Japan, the P.I., Singapore, seen Europe, and parts of Africa and the Middle-East. Been to the Azores, Spain, Luxembourg, Belgium, lived in Germany for a couple of years and visited the UK. Spent time on the Thames River and seen the Tower of London. I've spent so much time traveling that I don't feel the need to travel outside of the U.S. anymore. Well, except Germany. Loved that place.

I wasn't stuck on a Tin Can thinking that was my claim to fame. I'm a Shellback, and I still have the certificate to prove it. If anything, being a Squid was a bit embarrassing at times, which is why I got out. Instead of being stuck out at sea all of the time, I decided to join the Army after college. So you can take that smack you keep talking, and shove it up that loose rectum of yours along with your pathetic political beliefs, which is exactly where they belong. I'm sure there's plenty of room for it up there. Dirtbags like you actually think that intelligence is measured by which political party you belong to. That brainwashing is designed to make it easier for you lemmings to hate the opposition. If you don't respect them it makes it easy to believe they're wrong. And you leftists are as wrong as you could be.

Why is it so easy to be a Democrat? Because it removes accountability, responsibility, morals, values, or anything that might force you to stand up for your beliefs. They teach you to hate your country and teach you to show no respect for the sacrifices of your brothers in arms. You're the first motherfucker I'd be watching to see if they're selling secrets to the enemy. Having held a TS/SCI clearance, I went through training on how to spot the type that would do it. Visits to Russia during the Cold War was one of the indicators. Wearing Communist headgear and uniforms...yet another. Bet you have posters of Stalin and Chairman Mao in your bathroom so you can jerk off. No wonder you like sticking your tongue so far up Obama's ass.

proves you were never in

Look you fat fucking Squid, I've seen most of Asia, a good deal of the Pacific including Hawaii, Guam, Hong Kong, Korea, Japan, the P.I., Singapore, seen Europe, and parts of Africa and the Middle-East. Been to the Azores, Spain, Luxembourg, Belgium, lived in Germany for a couple of years and visited the UK. Spent time on the Thames River and seen the Tower of London. I've spent so much time traveling that I don't feel the need to travel outside of the U.S. anymore. Well, except Germany. Loved that place.

I wasn't stuck on a Tin Can thinking that was my claim to fame. I'm a Shellback, and I still have the certificate to prove it. If anything, being a Squid was a bit embarrassing at times, which is why I got out. Instead of being stuck out at sea all of the time, I decided to join the Army after college. So you can take that smack you keep talking, and shove it up that loose rectum of yours along with your pathetic political beliefs, which is exactly where they belong. I'm sure there's plenty of room for it up there. Dirtbags like you actually think that intelligence is measured by which political party you belong to. That brainwashing is designed to make it easier for you lemmings to hate the opposition. If you don't respect them it makes it easy to believe they're wrong. And you leftists are as wrong as you could be.

Why is it so easy to be a Democrat? Because it removes accountability, responsibility, morals, values, or anything that might force you to stand up for your beliefs. They teach you to hate your country and teach you to show no respect for the sacrifices of your brothers in arms. You're the first motherfucker I'd be watching to see if they're selling secrets to the enemy. Having held a TS/SCI clearance, I went through training on how to spot the type that would do it. Visits to Russia during the Cold War was one of the indicators. Wearing Communist headgear and uniforms...yet another. Bet you have posters of Stalin and Chairman Mao in your bathroom so you can jerk off. No wonder you like sticking your tongue so far up Obama's ass.

Let me guess, your real rate was ship's Serviceman, you worked down below in the ship's laundry cleaning and inspecting dirty skivvies

proves you were never in

Let me guess, your real rate was ship's Serviceman, you worked down below in the ship's laundry cleaning and inspecting dirty skivvies
What were you....a Hospital Corpsman? A pecker-checker?

No dipshit....I already said in this thread that I went to fire-fighting & damage-control school at Treasure Island. I was an HT.

But I guess you have problems with English comprehension.

proves you were never in

No dipshit....I already said in this thread that I went to fire-fighting & damage-control school at Treasure Island. I was an HT.

I was gunner's mate and served in Nam' two tours, and just where did you serve ? kiddie cruising?

I was tail-end of Vietnam, sorry. Missed it. I do really get annoyed with these guys who call themselves "NAM Vets" and when you asked them where they served, "I was on USS Midway." That was about 200 miles off-shore, air conditioned and three meals and a bed every day. Not much of a 'Nam experience if you ask me. Nam ERA yes.., Nam Vet, no.
Yep... 'Nam ERA vets who disingenuously try to pass themselves off as 'Nam vets... Stolen Valor on the part of people who should know better !

Nothing wrong with serving elsewhere during the 'Nam Era - that's honorable, too - so long as you remain true to that honor, and don't try lying about it, in your old age.

proves you were never in

I'm a Shellback, and I still have the certificate to prove it.

you and a million of us, so what war did you serve in? this thread is for vietnam vets not keyboard warriors

I was gunner's mate and served in Nam' two tours, and just where did you serve ? kiddie cruising?

NAVY
A Destroyer Tender in Hawaii 75-76, 77-79 3 years on the Kitty Hawk two West Pac cruises.

ARMY
Was in Phase 3 of the Q Course when Desert Storm blew up. Was in Kuwait in the early 90s training indigenous forces.....a military adviser. Somalia in 93' . I was on an Operational Detachment Alpha or A-Team with the JSOTF with SOCOM under UNSOM. Was in a BlackHawk when we spotted Mohomed Farid Aidid giving a speech at a rally early in 93'. He promptly drove to CNN headquarters in in Mogadishu to escape capture. Gladly, I missed going to Vietnam.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with serving elsewhere during the 'Nam Era - that's honorable, too - so long as you remain true to that honor, and don't try lying about it, in your old age.

Agree. Desert Storm I - or whatever it was called, 1990-ish, I was on SHORE duty following four and a half years at sea, and loving every minute of it! If there was a bumper sticker that read, "I spend every night at home during Desert Storm" I'd have one!
We all take our turns doing the shit jobs - and if we stick around - we get somewhat of a reward - shore duty - if you can call it a "reward," - because in my case - after the shore duty, it was back to all the bullshit at sea! I wouldn't trade it for anything.

And I am a strong "Stolen Valor" enforcer. I can look at a rack of ribbons and a "uniform" and immediately know if that person's full of shit or not. I'm a financial contributor to Don Shipley's cause because what he's doing is right, and I've called out more than a few dirt-bags at airports and elsewhere pretending they're something they never were. I have no problem confronting these assholes face-to-face.

Forum List

Back