Anyone going to watch the Olympics this year?

Just like yesterday, I said are you purposefully being this simpleton?
I don't think you are this dumb, so not sure why you are being this dumb.
I can't represent what other people do. Particularly the left borg.
You tried to equate two things that are not related. I beg to differ.
And you are still trying to put words in my mouth while not answering your original error.

I'm trying to understand your position.

They didn't get their rocks off by putting on "woman face" and if you don't like it - you are a hater.

I don't really like Celine Dion. Does that make me a hater?

I never gave one.
You equated comedic parody to actual drag queens. I pointed out the difference.
And all you do is attempt to apply positions to me rather than your own.

You didn't say this?

They didn't get their rocks off by putting on "woman face" and if you don't like it - you are a hater.

You didn't say this?

I certainly did, but that is not my opinion, or my position.
If I say the sky is blue, because it is... that is not an opinion.
If you want to seriously claim that no one calls other people "haters" for not thinking like them - well I can't help you.

I certainly did, but that is not my opinion, or my position.
If I say the sky is blue, because it is... that is not an opinion.
If you want to seriously claim that no one calls other people "haters" for not thinking like them - well I can't help you.

I have never had anyone accuse me of being a hater because I really don't like Celine Dion and I can't imagine I would care if they did.

Nobody forces you to like it. I'm not a fan of the lady that sang but it's not going to stop me from watching the Olympics.
But we can still note the decline in standards and decency, despite Democrats cheering it on.

But we can still note the decline in standards and decency, despite Democrats cheering it on.

It's been around forever. The Kinks sang about Lola in 1970. Rocky Horror came out in 1975. The NY Dolls and glam rock was a big part of the 70's.

Some Like it Hot, Tootsie, etc etc etc.

It's been around forever. The Kinks sang about Lola in 1970. Rocky Horror came out in 1975. The NY Dolls and glam rock was a big part of the 70's.

Some Like it Hot, Tootsie, etc etc etc.
That was comedy - not the attempt to normalize indecent behavior.

The Super Bowl halftime show has become my chance to unload the dishwasher.

I have never had anyone accuse me of being a hater because I really don't like Celine Dion and I can't imagine I would care if they did.
1722085020947.png

I normally find the Olympic opening ceremonies to be boring.

I watched the Paris ceremony on the Seine with everyone on barges and it was spectacular

View attachment 984826

So was the scenery and landmarks
I thought it was mediocre. Overall it had high highs and low lows. I thought the city showed up spectacularly, night and day. Paris was beautiful before the prep work. I thought the choreography and dancing was a little amateurish and the music didnt hit great except Celine blew it away and the Imagine rendition was great by the French singer. They wasted Lady Gaga. The Assassins Creed guy was good.

1722085086067.png

Dutch volleyball player who raped 12-year-old British girl qualifies for Paris Olympics​

Here is what he said about the incident after pleading guilty to it.

“Your actions have wrecked your life and you could, had you never come to England and committed these offences, have been a leader in your sport,” Judge Sheridan said. “A young, naive, foolish child had formed the view that you loved her. In reality, you only knew her on the internet, had never met her before and were fully aware of the age difference.”

Upon his release in 2017 after only a quarter of his sentence, Van de Velde, who had wept in court on hearing about the girl’s subsequent self-harm and overdose, said: “I do want to correct all the nonsense that has been written about me when I was locked up. I did not read any of it, on purpose, but I understand that it was quite bad, that I have been branded as a sex monster, as a paedophile. That I am not, really not.

“Everyone can have their opinion about me, but it is only fair if they also know my side of the story.”

These remarks drew a withering response from the National Society for Protection of Cruelty to Children, who said: “Van de Velde’s lack of remorse and self-pity is breathtaking, and we can only begin to imagine how distressed his victim must feel if she sees his comments.

“Grooming can leave a child feeling ashamed or even guilty, because they believe they have somehow willingly participated when, in fact, an adult has preyed upon them in order to sexually exploit them.”

The Dutch Olympic committee have yet to comment on Van de Velde’s qualification for Paris, with The Australian reporting that the country’s volleyball federation are still to ratify their final athlete selections. The IOC has been contacted for a response.

Yea, I'm not watching the Olympics this year.
No. I've never been a fan of the Olympics. Nothing but rigged. The big rich countries who can afford the best win the most medals while the smaller, poorer countries win few. The US has like a team of 100-200 while smaller countries have teams of like 10-20. Guess which teams win more medals? This is not really a good way to show who is better than who because the playing field is not fair.

One was a parody, the other was not.
Flip Wilson grew his career by making a "drag" character, that was a parody of old black women.
It was all about being funny by exageration.

Drag Shows are parodies
A funny exageration

Drag Shows are parodies
A funny exageration
No.
If someone is doing a drag show and people in the audience are laughing at them, when they are not trying to be funny, you won't be smiled upon.
Most drag shows are, obviously, sexual in nature. Not all of them. The ones you see on TV have more to do with a beauty pageant than anything else, but your neighborhood adult gay bar with drag shows are overtly sexual.

The big rich countries who can afford the best win the most medals while the smaller, poorer countries win few.

It is like the NCAA Basketball tournament where Cinderella teams knock off the powerhouse teams
That is why people watch

The attraction of the Olympics is that even if you are from a small country…….If you can run fast or jump high you can still win

No. I've never been a fan of the Olympics. Nothing but rigged. The big rich countries who can afford the best win the most medals while the smaller, poorer countries win few. The US has like a team of 100-200 while smaller countries have teams of like 10-20. Guess which teams win more medals? This is not really a good way to show who is better than who because the playing field is not fair.
So, it's one country's fault if they have a larger population than another?

Forum List

Back