Anyone Know How To Stop A Pinky Finger From Bleeding?

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
I cut the end of my right pinky finger two days ago....and every time I change bandages it starts bleeding like when I first cut it.
I've been thinking maybe superglue or something.
It's a pain in the ass trying to stem the flow.
How long should I keep a dressing on till the next change and not risk infection, anyone?

I cut the end of my right pinky finger two days ago....and every time I change bandages it starts bleeding like when I first cut it.
How long should I keep a dressing on till the next change and not risk infection, anyone?

At the risk of skeeving some people out, can you post a photo?

Sometimes stitches are needed at times when you wouldn't think they were. Then again, if the cut happened two days ago, it could be too late for stitches...

Go get a stitch or 2 put in it.

At the risk of skeeving some people out, can you post a photo?

Sometimes stitches are needed at times when you wouldn't think they were. Then again, if the cut happened two days ago, it could be too late for stitches...
I'd rather not take this bandage off for now. The cut is about a half-inch wide or a bit less.
It's merely a flesh wound....but bleeding like a stuck pig when I don't have it bandaged.
I noticed that cut fingers really bleed alot because they are so close to the veins.
I'm gonna try leaving it on for 3 days and see if that stops it.
Funny thing is it doesn't hurt any.

Put some sort of cream over the wound before placing the bandage. It could be that removing the bandage is removing whatever clotting is present, thereby allowing it to bleed.

I wouldn't recommend using super glue. If you were in a jungle somewhere, or in the middle of the desert and that was the only option to stave off death, sure, but only then...

I've said repeatedly, "I'm not that kind of a doctor."

Don't take medical advice from me, I'm not qualified.

It does seem that after two days clotting should be well established. You might want to take a trip to urgent care. At the very least a vitamin K cream.

I'd rather not take this bandage off for now. The cut is about a half-inch wide or a bit less.
It's merely a flesh wound....but bleeding like a stuck pig when I don't have it bandaged.
I noticed that cut fingers really bleed alot because they are so close to the veins.
I almost made the mistake of blowing off a cut on my finger and just leaving it bandaged for a few days. Went to the ER instead and the surgeon told me that I had nearly severed a tendon. I'm glad I went.

Assuming that you absolute refuse to do the right thing and go get a stitch and doctor to look at it---there is a product called new skin which is basically a liquid bandage or skin glue.

Assuming that you absolute refuse to do the right thing and go get a stitch and doctor to look at it---there is a product called new skin which is basically a liquid bandage or skin glue.
That shit burns like hell and i don't think it'll work on a deep cut very well

Thanks....the problem seems to be I don't have the right stuff to do the job.
I'm not going to a hospital and let them give me COVID.
And getting two stitches isn't worth it.
The cut isn't that bad....just the location.

Forum List

Back