AOC takes down the GOPs inflation talking points in 3 mins

That is the first thing I heard or read from the lady that I agree with. One point I didn't buy was her argument about the lack of ports. I've seen a few times over the past months articles on one aspect of higher cost and shortages of goods dependent on shipping. Problem has been the lack of containers which weren't being sent back to Asia during the pandemic. There could be a problem with lack of ports but first allow the container problem to work itself out and next (better yet) prioritize policies that make production of these goods here in America affordable, or at least within the NAFTA trio of countries.
Good question. We have ships lined up off Long Beach which can’t get unloaded fast enough. It’s actually one reason there are no containers. They are full sitting on ships.

DC establishent democrats and DC establishment republicans universally get it wrong.

That they argue among themselves about who is right, when they both get it wrong, is laughable.

Very few, if any, have even a rudimentary understanding of economic theory or monetary policy.

They don't even know what inflation actually means. lol.

That is a problem in definitions and understanding of what kind of policies we actually have.

Last edited:
Do you think that's going to save your party next year? It doesn't have to be hyperinflation to make a huge impact in people's lives. It's already having an effect and these economists don't see it going away anytime in the near future, but good luck trying to spin that to the American voter when midterm campaigning starts.
Well maybe we can run on a resurgence of COVID because of Republican opposition to vaccines

Maybe we can run on Republicans blocking infrastructure investment

Maybe we can run on decreasing unemployment and increases in GDP

Well maybe we can run on a resurgence of COVID because of Republican opposition to vaccines

They could run on just about anything and kick your asses.

What that barmaid knows about economics would fit in a thimble

Actually she knows more about economics than you do.

She graduated Cum Laude from Boston University with a BA in International Relations and ECONOMICS.

She worked as a bartender while in college. You know, she did what you conservatives demand from everyone but yourselves, she supported herself.

What university did you graduate Cum Laude from with a degree in economics?

The fact that you don't know basic and simple supply and demand capitalism shows you know absolutely nothing about economics.

Getting economic theory from AOC is like getting medical advice from your cat.

AOC claims that the sectionalization of inflation in certain sectors is an indication of disruptions in the supply chain.

Can you or any Republican offer an alternative explanation or are you stuck on stupid?

Or voter rights protection
Or a fair tax plan

They could run on just about anything and kick your asses.

We could also run on unfounded Republican election conspiracy claims

We can label each GOP candidate as a “Trump Republican” and urge them to deny it.

We could also run on unfounded Republican election conspiracy claims

We can label each GOP candidate as a “Trump Republican” and urge them to deny it.

Go ahead.

The stolen election meme will be alive and kicking so Trump will carry quite the sympathy vote.

Besides.....Biden is killing the party from within.

I am grateful you elected him (and the ho).

She graduated Cum Laude from Boston University with a BA in International Relations and ECONOMICS.

She worked as a bartender while in college. You know, she did what you conservatives demand from everyone but yourselves, she supported herself.

The fact that you don't know basic and simple supply and demand capitalism shows you know absolutely nothing about economics.

Capitalism has nothing to do with supply and demand relationship.

I have a degree in economics and a graduate of Kelly Business from Indiana University and never worked in a bar

So sit the fck down, bitch

Go ahead.

The stolen election meme will be alive and kicking so Trump will carry quite the sympathy vote.

Besides.....Biden is killing the party from within.

I am grateful you elected him (and the ho).
Dems hope that Trump plays a prominent role in the 2022 and 2024

Force Republicans to refute Trump or embrace him
Choose your poison

Good question. We have ships lined up off Long Beach which can’t get unloaded fast enough. It’s actually one reason there are no containers. They are full sitting on ships.

How were conditions prior to Covid-19? Right now I'm under impresssion things are similar to when the Suez Canal was blocked and afterwards it took awhile to get things back to normal. I'm just figuring that this situation is much more extensive and it'll take a few months to get trans-Pacific shipping back to normal. But I also take into account my figuring is like what they say about assumptions.

Oh, just remembered, a good exuse to check out MarineTraffic Global Ship Tracking site!

I have a degree in economics and a graduate of Kelly Business from Indiana University and never worked in a bar

So sit the fck down, bitch
If you have a degree in economics, why can’t you refute AOCs explanation of the root cases of inflation?

Forum List

Back