AP Poll: Americans prioritize religious liberties over gay marriage by wide margin

The anti-Christian nuts truly are a minority:

"Overall, if there’s a conflict, a majority of those questioned think religious liberties should win out over gay rights, according to the poll. While 39 percent said it’s more important for the government to protect gay rights, 56 percent said protection of religious liberties should take precedence."

"59 percent of the poll respondents said wedding-related businesses with religious objections should be allowed to refuse service to gay and lesbian couples."

Trying to force Christians to serve you isn't going to go well.

AP Poll Americans prioritize religious liberties over gay marriage by wide margin Hot Air

You don't have the higher moral ground, nitwit.

Science or the scientific process makes it impossible for a rational person to descriminate against someone because of your religion. Because if you take your religion out of the conversation there's no rational reason gays can't marry and adopt.

ROFLMNAO!

Adorable...

Science finds that humanity is designed around two distinct, but complementing genders. Each specifically designed to join with the other, forming one body, from two; which of course rests as the defining standard of Marriage.

Now THAT is science, defining marriage and refuting the entire homosexual thesis.
You're looking at science through a keyhole. The science on the table in this discussion is the science studying sexual behavior. A branch of biology, true. So if your myopic view of science ends at the reproductive process, why won't you include the science that is relevant?

...And the great Conservative tradition of dismissing science continues unabated! Ah! Willful ignorance! Just the type of thinking that inspires nothing.
It's ot a matter of ignoring science.

It's a matter of siding with Righteousness over Wickedness.
Religion as opposed to science? If that is not ignoring science and embracing willful ignorance, I don't know what is.
Moral Relativism, as opposed to a Respectable Morality? If that is not ignoring Good and embracing willful Evil, I don't know what is.
Isn't "respectable morality" a relative term? How "respectable" should it be? Victorian respectable, Puritanical respectable, Sharia respectable? And how would you enforce "respectability" ? Morals Police like the other Fundamentalists do?

How intrusive do you believe government should really be?

Who's the Conservative here? Me, or you?

...15,500 transgender Americans put their lives on the line...
Ah, another Drama Queen checking in...

1. the 15K number was pulled out of somebody's arse... probably one packed too tightly

2. it seems highly unlikely that the Pervert-in-Question ever comes anywhere near a shot fired in anger

3. freaks have, indeed, infiltrated our Armed Forces

...so that you can have the freedom to be an ignorant religious bigot!...
1. I put in my own share of time to earn the right to hold any particular religious belief(s)

2. I'm not particularly religious, myself

3. It is not bigotry to identity sexual deviancy and perversion (homosexuality) as sexual deviancy and perversion

...They are the ones who are fighting for your "religious liberties" and yet you repay them with your lies and perverted beliefs.
1. the vast numbers of my countrymen in uniform who are not such freaks and deviants and perverts are the ones fighting for me

2. I repay them by supporting a live-and-let-live policy with respect to whatever perversity they engage-in behind closed doors.

3. I tell no lies - homosexuals are sexual deviants and perverts

4. I practice nor adhere to no perversion, and it is not perversion to identify and call-out such sexual deviancy and perversion

Now, if you're all through with your Liberal Vomit Festival... go dry-hump somebody else's leg for a while, Spot.

So you lacked the courage to watch the link and therefore you are ignorant of the fact that he regularly patrolled outside the wire in Afghanistan.

And since you lack the integrity to honor those who wear the uniform and protect your freedom you have just destroyed your own credibility.

Thank you for disqualifying yourself from any further meaningful contributions to this OP topic.

...And the great Conservative tradition of dismissing science continues unabated! Ah! Willful ignorance! Just the type of thinking that inspires nothing.

Nothing more perverted than believing superstitions that have been exposed by science.

1. the 15K number was pulled out of somebody's arse... probably one packed too tightly

2. it seems highly unlikely that the Pervert-in-Question ever comes anywhere near a shot fired in anger

1. I put in my own share of time to earn the right to hold any particular religious belief(s)

3. It is not bigotry to identity sexual deviancy and perversion (homosexuality) as sexual deviancy and perversion

...They are the ones who are fighting for your "religious liberties" and yet you repay them with your lies and perverted beliefs.
1. the vast numbers of my countrymen in uniform who are not such freaks and deviants and perverts are the ones fighting for me

2. I repay them by supporting a live-and-let-live policy with respect to whatever perversity they engage-in behind closed doors.

4. I practice nor adhere to no perversion, and it is not perversion to identify and call-out such sexual deviancy and perversion

Now, if you're all through with your Liberal Vomit Festival... go dry-hump somebody else's leg for a while, Spot.

You aren't a pervert at all? I know conservatives that think oral is perverted. How many guys have banged women in the ass? Isn't that perverted? How about 3somes? So no one cares what you think is perverted except of course what is illegal in our secular society.

Get what I'm saying bro? You aren't the sex police. You don't like lesbians I say youre a pussy bra.
Calm yourself, Shirley, before you soil your panties.

If you can't discuss the topic without resorting to personal attacks, simply because your opponent's opinion differs from yours, then you're basically a waste of good oxygen.

Ironic since you posted these personal attacks earlier!

Does that make you a waste of good oxygen too? :rofl:

One rule for you and another for everyone else is just so typical of hypocrites like you with the perverted belief that religion overrules science.

No matter what the OP poll says this nation is leaving you behind and moving towards ensuring that everyone is actually equal under the law of the land.

...Isn't "respectable morality" a relative term?...
To Moral Relativists it is, and, of course, Moral Relativism is symptomatic of rot and a slide into degeneracy, in any society throughout history.

...How "respectable" should it be? Victorian respectable, Puritanical respectable, Sharia respectable?...
No need to go that far. A simple shunning of homosexuals will do nicely.

...And how would you enforce "respectability" ? Morals Police like the other Fundamentalists do?...
Nope.

Simply reversing recent legal gains by the Gay Mafia will do nicely.

...How intrusive do you believe government should really be?...
Only intrusive enough to keep homosexuals in the closet where they belong.

...Who's the Conservative here? Me, or you?
I don't hold much with labels... in some matters, I lean Left... in other matters, I lean Right, in yet many other matters, I fall somewhere in the Middle... a Centrist.

...So you lacked the courage to watch the link...
No, I lacked the interest to watch the link.

...and therefore you are ignorant of the fact that he regularly patrolled outside the wire in Afghanistan...
I really don't give a rat's ass.

...And since you lack the integrity to honor those who wear the uniform and protect your freedom you have just destroyed your own credibility...
By that, you mean that I choose not to care about a one-in-ten-thousand Freak of Nature who happens to wear a uniform and was serving in a war zone.

Given that I possess the integrity to honor the other 9,999 who wear a uniform and serve in a war zone, my credibility remains intact.

...Thank you for disqualifying yourself from any further meaningful contributions to this OP topic.
You're a petulant child in grown-up's clothing, trying to pull-off 5th-grade after-school debate club tactic, and it didn't work.

Next time, don't get your panties in such a bunch, and think before you open your big mouth.

An opposing or hostile opinion on a particular matter is not indicative of a lack of honor or integrity or credibility.

But you knew that, before you wrote what you did, didn't you?

Religion as opposed to science? If that is not ignoring science and embracing willful ignorance, I don't know what is.
Moral Relativism, as opposed to a Respectable Morality? If that is not ignoring Good and embracing willful Evil, I don't know what is.
Isn't "respectable morality" a relative term? How "respectable" should it be? Victorian respectable, Puritanical respectable, Sharia respectable? And how would you enforce "respectability" ? Morals Police like the other Fundamentalists do?

How intrusive do you believe government should really be?

Who's the Conservative here? Me, or you?

So it seems God is relative.

Nothing more perverted than believing superstitions that have been exposed by science.
What superstitions would those be, oh Wise One?

The superstitions on which Mankind has built Civilization?

Pffffffttttt...

You aren't a pervert at all? I know conservatives that think oral is perverted. How many guys have banged women in the ass? Isn't that perverted? How about 3somes? So no one cares what you think is perverted except of course what is illegal in our secular society.

Get what I'm saying bro? You aren't the sex police. You don't like lesbians I say youre a pussy bra.

If you can't discuss the topic without resorting to personal attacks, simply because your opponent's opinion differs from yours, then you're basically a waste of good oxygen.

One rule for you and another for everyone else is just so typical of hypocrites like you with the perverted belief that religion overrules science.

No matter what the OP poll says this nation is leaving you behind and moving towards ensuring that everyone is actually equal under the law of the land.
I"m sure you thought that all of the above was clever in some way.

Perhaps it's time to leave you to wallow in that delusion.

In all probability, we will begin to see some serious attention to all of this, after January 20, 2017, once we have a Republican House, a Republican Senate, and a Republican President - all of them twisting the arms of the Supreme Court, and poised to appoint more Conservatives there, as well, as attrition takes its toll.

This war isn't over... it's only begun... and your adversaries are in it for the long haul... so, enjoy your largess while it lasts, because it won't.

Yes their is. Brainwashing your kids the same way your parents did you.

My dad is so cute when all he knows is something must have made all this. It's too perfect he says.

Sorry dad but science is already explained that one but everytime I try to tell you you put your fingers in your ears and go la la la. I keep trying to point out to him the incident in question is the Big bang. That no one can explain. But that's the problem I tried to tell him is that they are claiming they know the answer. They say it must be God. So their conclusion is based on the fact that they don't know the answer. Ignorance. They're conclusion is completely based on ignorance. That is if the bibles and Korans are man made and evidence or lack of suggests they are.

Would it have been so bad of his parents never had children?

But I guess of our dumb ape ancestors bred so can kondors parents.

Doesn't evolution erase traits that are no longer useful or beneficial? Unfortunately cults offer things you can't get anywhere else. Answers. Plus now you have friends. Heck, who even cares if it makes no logical sense. What if they're right?

Too bad the OP failed to quote the entire text of the AP Poll.

"That compares with 52 percent in April. Also, 46 percent said businesses more generally should be allowed to refuse service to same-sex couples, while 51 percent said that should not be allowed."

Looks like the nation is coming to it's senses.

Probably take a couple more years before the rightwing rectal pain subsides entirely.

What about the rectal pain fags have? Or is it so bored out that it's moot?

-Geaux

"AP Poll: Americans prioritize religious liberties over gay marriage by wide margin"

This fails as a false comparison fallacy, one having nothing to do with the other.

But it shows the Supreme court does not represent the people but more so their partisan hack objectives of the machine

-Geaux

Kondor3
What are your reasons to want homosexuals repressed? Please be specific.

Are homosexuals threatening you personally? Do they pose a danger to your personal relationships?

Homosexual Americans are, by in large, sober, responsible, tax paying citizens due ALL the freedoms all other Americans enjoy. They are active in your community, they are business owners, they proudly serve our nation in uniform, they are your friends, in your family and in your churches. They are, in fact, just as good citizens as heterosexual citizens. They are consenting adults who are committing no crime by being homosexual. What possible rationale could you have to repress them?

If your morality calls for the diminishment, shame, criminalization, repression, and heaping anguish upon them, I'm sorry, but I don't see anything resembling morality there at all. Least of all Christian morality which teaches love thy neighbor and admonishes to judge not lest ye be judged.

Kondor3
What are your reasons to want homosexuals repressed? Please be specific...
Homosexuality is a sexually deviant and perverse condition.

It is a harbinger of a shift and slide towards degeneracy and the feminizing and emasculation of any robust society throughout history which has experienced it on a broad scale.

It is an aberration in the eyes of God, Man and Nature - adding nothing to society and contributing to a downward slide towards moral relativism and blatant hedonism.

It is a highly visible element of long-term "rot" and increasing degeneracy in any society thus infected which is foolish enough to allow the poison to spread.

Personally, I have no particular objections to fudge-packers and carpet-munchers and lotus-eaters doing their thing behind closed doors.

Personally, I don't want it out in the open, I don't want my kids and grandkids dealing with that filth and un-cleanness in the course of public life.

Activist judges in positions of power have decreed that it be otherwise.

Until such time as others can be found to reverse the poison.

...If your morality calls for the diminishment, shame, criminalization, repression, and heaping anguish upon them, I'm sorry, but I don't see anything resembling morality there at all. Least of all Christian morality which teaches love thy neighbor and admonishes to judge not lest ye be judged.
Ah, yes, the old tactic of trying to turn long-standing and time-honored Behavioral Ideals against their adherents.

Cute.

Ineffective, but cute.

Here's a couple of others, by way of counterpoint...

"Hate the sin, love the sinner".

"Go thou, and sin no more".

Just as the 14th Amendment was never intended to accommodate Anchor Babies, so too, various 'forgiving' sacred texts were not intended to facilitate homosexuality.

You're looking at science through a keyhole. The science on the table in this discussion is the science studying sexual behavior. A branch of biology, true. So if your myopic view of science ends at the reproductive process, why won't you include the science that is relevant?

Yes. The entire scope of human physiology, wherein Human Physiology provides for two distinct, but complementing genders. Each respective and SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED TO JOIN WITH THE OTHER... is myopic... to the Relativist. Because the ENTIRE SCOPE HUMAN PHYSIOLOGY CONTRADICTS THE SUBJECTIVE NEED TO REJECT THE SEXUAL STANDARD ESTABLISHED BY THE ENTIRE SCOPE OF HUMAN PHYSIOLOGY.

Now the simple truth is that the rejection of the standard established by human physiology is a Deceit, FRAUDULENTLY ADVANCED, as a means to influence the Ignorant.

(Again Reader, the Key to defeating Leftist in debate rests upon TWO essential elements:

1- Find a Leftist.

2- Get them to speak.)

Reader, do you see how pervasive Perversion is?

Understand that "Perversion" does not speak merely to the deviant sexual behavior. "Perversion" speaks to the whole of the reasoning which justifies the behavior.

In the above Perversion, we find the Pervert professing its' belief' that the sexual standard, in place throughout the ENTIRE SOPE OF HUMAN EXISTENCE; presenting the fundamental DESIGN of humanity... is merely a SUPERSTITION!

Understand that what you're witnessing there is a PERVERSION OF THE FUNDAMENTAL UNDERSTANDING OF REALITY... it is a LIE.

A Lie that the Pervert is incapable of discerning, because its own subjective need is such that it simply cannot bear to recognize the truth that otherwise identifies it as such.

And that is why for 99.99999999~% of human existence, such individuals have been culled from the public at large and either destroyed, or set into isolation.

And that is because to believe a LIE is LITERALLY: DESTRUCTIVE... and destruction runs counter to the biological imperative.

Do you SEE how simple this is?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back