AP Poll: Americans prioritize religious liberties over gay marriage by wide margin

"AP Poll: Americans prioritize religious liberties over gay marriage by wide margin"

This fails as a false comparison fallacy, one having nothing to do with the other.

But it shows the Supreme court does not represent the people but more so their partisan hack objectives of the machine

-Geaux

That's all true. But by responding as you did, you lent credence to the absurdity of the assertion to which you were responding.

In point of fact... there is no 'False Comparison' being made, as the assertion claims.

In fact, there is no RIGHT FOR PEOPLE OF THE SAME GENDER TO MARRY. PERIOD. And that five people on a body of nine jurists, 'feel' otherwise, does not change that self-evident truth.

Kondor3
What are your reasons to want homosexuals repressed? Please be specific...
Homosexuality is a sexually deviant and perverse condition.

It is a harbinger of a shift and slide towards degeneracy and the feminizing and emasculation of any robust society throughout history which has experienced it on a broad scale.

It is an aberration in the eyes of God, Man and Nature - adding nothing to society and contributing to a downward slide towards moral relativism and blatant hedonism.

It is a highly visible element of long-term "rot" and increasing degeneracy in any society thus infected which is foolish enough to allow the poison to spread.

Personally, I have no particular objections to fudge-packers and carpet-munchers and lotus-eaters doing their thing behind closed doors.

Personally, I don't want it out in the open, I don't want my kids and grandkids dealing with that filth and un-cleanness in the course of public life.

Activist judges in positions of power have decreed that it be otherwise.

Until such time as others can be found to reverse the poison.

...If your morality calls for the diminishment, shame, criminalization, repression, and heaping anguish upon them, I'm sorry, but I don't see anything resembling morality there at all. Least of all Christian morality which teaches love thy neighbor and admonishes to judge not lest ye be judged.
Ah, yes, the old tactic of trying to turn long-standing and time-honored Behavioral Ideals against their adherents.

Cute.

Ineffective, but cute.

Here's a couple of others, by way of counterpoint...

"Hate the sin, love the sinner".

"Go thou, and sin no more".

Just as the 14th Amendment was never intended to accommodate Anchor Babies, so too, various 'forgiving' sacred texts were not intended to facilitate homosexuality.
For generations racists have justified their peculiar outlook by claiming the Black man is not the equal of the White man. Their fears of reprisals and pent up anger justified their inequitable treatment of Black people.

You are using the same rationale to repress homosexuals. You cleverly edited my post and purposely omitted the points I laid out. To wit: Homosexuals are, by in large, sober. responsible tax paying citizens who are committing no crime by being homosexual. They are active in our communities, our schools, our civic organizations. They proudly serve our country in uniform. They are business owners. They are acquaintances of yours, business associates of yours, neighbors, friends and family members of yours. In short, homosexual American citizens are, and behave as, any other heterosexual American citizen. They pose no personal threat. They do not erode your rights by gaining rights for themselves.

Your call for repression smacks of a fit of pique and serves no benefit to society. It might make you feel superior as you believe you have the power, both political and social to repress, shame, humiliate and diminish e\them. But is that what morality is to be used for?

Your morality serves a bad purpose in that it does not benefit man, but divides. It does not serve the American ideal, but contradicts it.

You're looking at science through a keyhole. The science on the table in this discussion is the science studying sexual behavior. A branch of biology, true. So if your myopic view of science ends at the reproductive process, why won't you include the science that is relevant?

Yes. The entire scope of human physiology, wherein Human Physiology provides for two distinct, but complementing genders. Each respective and SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED TO JOIN WITH THE OTHER... is myopic... to the Relativist. Because the ENTIRE SCOPE HUMAN PHYSIOLOGY CONTRADICTS THE SUBJECTIVE NEED TO REJECT THE SEXUAL STANDARD ESTABLISHED BY THE ENTIRE SCOPE OF HUMAN PHYSIOLOGY.

Now the simple truth is that the rejection of the standard established by human physiology is a Deceit, FRAUDULENTLY ADVANCED, as a means to influence the Ignorant.

(Again Reader, the Key to defeating Leftist in debate rests upon TWO essential elements:

1- Find a Leftist.

2- Get them to speak.)
The key to understanding Conservatives is: when science refutes their position, refute the science.

Of course this is not safe ground, but when your moral template is so narrow that simply understanding the other is impossible, deny all evidence.

Kondor3

It is a harbinger of a shift and slide towards degeneracy and the feminizing and emasculation of any robust society throughout history which has experienced it on a broad scale.

It is an aberration in the eyes of God, Man and Nature - adding nothing to society and contributing to a downward slide towards moral relativism and blatant hedonism.

It is a highly visible element of long-term "rot" and increasing degeneracy in any society thus infected which is foolish enough to allow the poison to spread.

Personally, I have no particular objections to fudge-packers and carpet-munchers and lotus-eaters doing their thing behind closed doors.

Personally, I don't want it out in the open, I don't want my kids and grandkids dealing with that filth and un-cleanness in the course of public life.

...If your morality calls for the diminishment, shame, criminalization, repression, and heaping anguish upon them, I'm sorry, but I don't see anything resembling morality there at all. Least of all Christian morality which teaches love thy neighbor and admonishes to judge not lest ye be judged.
Ah, yes, the old tactic of trying to turn long-standing and time-honored Behavioral Ideals against their adherents.

Cute.

Ineffective, but cute.

Just as the 14th Amendment was never intended to accommodate Anchor Babies, so too, various 'forgiving' sacred texts were not intended to facilitate homosexuality.
For generations racists have justified their peculiar outlook by claiming the Black man is not the equal of the White man. Their fears of reprisals and pent up anger justified their inequitable treatment of Black people.

You are using the same rationale to repress homosexuals. You cleverly edited my post and purposely omitted the points I laid out. To wit: Homosexuals are, by in large, sober. responsible tax paying citizens who are committing no crime by being homosexual. They are active in our communities, our schools, our civic organizations. They proudly serve our country in uniform. They are business owners. They are acquaintances of yours, business associates of yours, neighbors, friends and family members of yours. In short, homosexual American citizens are, and behave as, any other heterosexual American citizen. They pose no personal threat. They do not erode your rights by gaining rights for themselves.

Your call for repression smacks of a fit of pique and serves no benefit to society. It might make you feel superior as you believe you have the power, both political and social to repress, shame, humiliate and diminish e\them. But is that what morality is to be used for?

Your morality serves a bad purpose in that it does not benefit man, but divides. It does not serve the American ideal, but contradicts it.
Kondor3

Cute.

Ineffective, but cute.

Yes, yes, yes... we've all seen the faux equivalencies between Racism and Homosexuality-Shunning before, and it just doesn't map-out that way.

And, Americans themselves are the definers of the American Ideal, so, we will let the long-term actions of the American People decide that for us.

As I said, you may have won the first battle, but this war is just getting started.

En garde.

...You cleverly edited my post and purposely omitted the points I laid out. To wit: Homosexuals are, by in large, sober. responsible tax paying citizens...
Oh, there was nothing 'clever' about that - merely pushing aside 'background noise'.

Their normalcy in other areas does not cancel-out their sexual deviancy and perversion, nor does it reverse the downward slide towards degeneracy that nations experience, when allowing this particular flavor of societal poison to gain traction.

Kondor3

Cute.

Ineffective, but cute.

Kondor3

Cute.

Ineffective, but cute.

Yes, yes, yes... we've all seen the faux equivalencies between Racism and Homosexuality-Shunning before, and it just doesn't map-out that way.

And, Americans themselves are the definers of the American Ideal, so, we will let the long-term actions of the American People decide that for us.

As I said, you may have won the first battle, but this war is just getting started.

En garde.
The American people are becoming younger, more tolerant and far more enlightened than the ossified, stubborn and repressive homophobes. Perhaps you should understand that and let the American people define the ideal rather than impose an archaic ideal that serves only to repress and retreat from the reality we are all living in.

As homosexuality poses no threat to you, your property, your personal relationships, perhaps you should adhere to the principle that you tout, but fail to adhere; live and let live.

You've got the 'live' part down. Now, work on the 'let live' part.

For generations racists have...

There is no potential correlation between RACE and Sexual Deviancy.

Race is a genetic issue, wherein someone is seen as "Different" from another, because of a component of their being which IMPARTS DISTINCTION. The issue in RACISM, is that the DISTINCTION emotes a sense of inferiority. Wherein in reality, thus in truth, the genetic distinction is NOT inferior. Thus the sense that such is, is IRRATIONAL.

Sexual Deviancy IS in reality, thus in truth... a consequence of PERVERSE REASONING, therefore the DISTINCTION common to such is quite literally one of INFERIORITY... the distinction being that of the mentally whole and the mentally disordered.

The rationalization which seeks to equate Racism with the quite reasonable prejudice against the mentally disordered, is LUDICROUS.

And if you were NOT saddled with mental disorder, you'd have known that.

...You cleverly edited my post and purposely omitted the points I laid out. To wit: Homosexuals are, by in large, sober. responsible tax paying citizens...
Oh, there was nothing 'clever' about that - merely pushing aside 'background noise'.

Their normalcy in other areas does not cancel-out their sexual deviancy and perversion, nor does it reverse the downward slide towards degeneracy that nations experience, when allowing this particular flavor of societal poison to gain traction.
Do your own sexual proclivities and peccadillos define who you are and your place in society? Are you pressed to justify, explain and defend your behavior? If the sexual behavior of homosexuals have no bearing on how they conduct themselves in a civic manner, why are you so happy to repress them? Degeneracy is prevalent in all aspects of society and homosexual do not have an exclusive claim to it. Yet you do not seek to repress degenerate heterosexuals. In fact, you might be appalled at an erosion of their rights should their personal sexual behavior with consenting adults is weighed in the balance.
For generations racists have...

There is no potential correlation between RACE and Sexual Deviancy.

Race is a genetic issue, wherein someone is seen as "Different" from another, because of a component of their being which IMPARTS DISTINCTION. The issue in RACISM, is that the DISTINCTION emotes a sense of inferiority. Wherein in reality, thus in truth, the genetic distinction is NOT inferior. Thus the sense that such is, is IRRATIONAL.

Sexual Deviancy IS in reality, thus in truth... a consequence of PERVERSE REASONING, therefore the DISTINCTION common to such is quite literally one of INFERIORITY... the distinction being that of the mentally whole and the mentally disordered.

The rationalization which seeks to equate Racism with the quite reasonable prejudice against the mentally disordered, is LUDICROUS.

And if you were NOT saddled with mental disorder, you'd have known that.
I did not say that sexual orientation is the equivalent characteristics. I said that the rationalization of racial suppression and sexual repression are the same. The one who seeks to diminish has a thin playbook and the arguments are the same.

What you fail to understand is the spectrum of human sexuality. There are those who have dedicated a lifetime to thoroughly understanding the human sexual behavior, and there are those who simply ignore the evidence and use their utter ignorance as an aegis behind which they might continue to repress their fellow citizens. Which camp do you belong to?

The American people are becoming younger (Foolish), more tolerant (Inviable) and far more enlightened( unenlightened)

Polls show that those younger people are idiots.

Time and again, when asked what percentage of the population is homosexual, the children report 40-50-60% of the population is homosexual and they are SHOCKED to learn that such represents less than 2% of the population.

There is a reason that we do not allow children to vote... they're inability to reason renders them foolish and their inexperience subjects that foolish nature prone to inviability.

As they mature and gain experience, they'll observe the unenviable consequences of perversion and they'll LEARN to recognize such for what it is.

I did not say that sexual orientation is the equivalent characteristics. I said that the rationalization of racial suppression and sexual repression are the same.

And I responded by refuting that nonsense, entirely.

Your concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

Time and again, when asked what percentage of the population is homosexual, the children report 40-50-60% of the population is homosexual and they are SHOCKED to learn that such represents less than 2% of the population.

Children?

The poll results only reflect 18+ and then those over 50 estimate 20+ %.

Not just "children".

w1_hn-rsaugblwyasxc3yw.png

Americans Greatly Overestimate Percent Gay Lesbian in U.S.

>>>>

Too bad the OP failed to quote the entire text of the AP Poll.

"That compares with 52 percent in April. Also, 46 percent said businesses more generally should be allowed to refuse service to same-sex couples, while 51 percent said that should not be allowed."

Looks like the nation is coming to it's senses.

Probably take a couple more years before the rightwing rectal pain subsides entirely.

What about the rectal pain fags have? Or is it so bored out that it's moot?

-Geaux
It doesn't hurt if the tops not big.

Ever bang a girl in the butt? Perv.

Nothing more perverted than believing superstitions that have been exposed by science.

Reader, do you see how pervasive Perversion is?

Understand that "Perversion" does not speak merely to the deviant sexual behavior. "Perversion" speaks to the whole of the reasoning which justifies the behavior.

In the above Perversion, we find the Pervert professing its' belief' that the sexual standard, in place throughout the ENTIRE SOPE OF HUMAN EXISTENCE; presenting the fundamental DESIGN of humanity... is merely a SUPERSTITION!

Understand that what you're witnessing there is a PERVERSION OF THE FUNDAMENTAL UNDERSTANDING OF REALITY... it is a LIE.

A Lie that the Pervert is incapable of discerning, because its own subjective need is such that it simply cannot bear to recognize the truth that otherwise identifies it as such.

And that is why for 99.99999999~% of human existence, such individuals have been culled from the public at large and either destroyed, or set into isolation.

And that is because to believe a LIE is LITERALLY: DESTRUCTIVE... and destruction runs counter to the biological imperative.

Do you SEE how simple this is?

If it isn't meant to be they'll go extinct. But like us left handers they keep on being born.

Gays are god s way of controlling overpopulation and orphans.

Children?

Not just "children".

>>>>

Ok... so you're claiming that some of the idiots are not children?

Who is suggesting otherwise?

What we know for certain is that idiocy precludes viability, and that's sorta where the purpose for discrimination against them, comes into play.

Nothing more perverted than believing superstitions that have been exposed by science.

Understand that "Perversion" does not speak merely to the deviant sexual behavior. "Perversion" speaks to the whole of the reasoning which justifies the behavior.

In the above Perversion, we find the Pervert professing its' belief' that the sexual standard, in place throughout the ENTIRE SOPE OF HUMAN EXISTENCE; presenting the fundamental DESIGN of humanity... is merely a SUPERSTITION!

Understand that what you're witnessing there is a PERVERSION OF THE FUNDAMENTAL UNDERSTANDING OF REALITY... it is a LIE.

A Lie that the Pervert is incapable of discerning, because its own subjective need is such that it simply cannot bear to recognize the truth that otherwise identifies it as such.

And that is why for 99.99999999~% of human existence, such individuals have been culled from the public at large and either destroyed, or set into isolation.

And that is because to believe a LIE is LITERALLY: DESTRUCTIVE... and destruction runs counter to the biological imperative.

If it isn't meant to be they'll go extinct. But like us left handers they keep on being born.

I couldn't agree more. Sexual deviancy is God's way of culling the herd of the less desirable genes.

Which is our first clue in the certainty that normalizing it, is a really BAD IDEA!

I couldn't agree more. Sexual deviancy is God's way of culling the herd of the less desirable genes.

Which is our first clue in the certainty that normalizing it, is a really BAD IDEA!
Then stop promoting the US as a fair and equal nation with freedoms and liberty for all...

Children?

Not just "children".

>>>>

Ok... so you're claiming that some of the idiots are not children?

Who is suggesting otherwise?

What we know for certain is that idiocy precludes viability, and that's sorta where the purpose for discrimination against them, comes into play.

Here's a graphic example of that to which I was referring:

The Question regarding "What Percentage of the population is Gay?" begins around 1:00.

...So you lacked the courage to watch the link...
No, I lacked the interest to watch the link.

...and therefore you are ignorant of the fact that he regularly patrolled outside the wire in Afghanistan...
I really don't give a rat's ass.

...And since you lack the integrity to honor those who wear the uniform and protect your freedom you have just destroyed your own credibility...
By that, you mean that I choose not to care about a one-in-ten-thousand Freak of Nature who happens to wear a uniform and was serving in a war zone.

Given that I possess the integrity to honor the other 9,999 who wear a uniform and serve in a war zone, my credibility remains intact.

...Thank you for disqualifying yourself from any further meaningful contributions to this OP topic.
You're a petulant child in grown-up's clothing, trying to pull-off 5th-grade after-school debate club tactic, and it didn't work.

Next time, don't get your panties in such a bunch, and think before you open your big mouth.

An opposing or hostile opinion on a particular matter is not indicative of a lack of honor or integrity or credibility.

But you knew that, before you wrote what you did, didn't you?

Yet another puerile post exposing your dishonesty and lack of integrity which is so common amongst those who are unamerican enough to deny gays their equal rights under the law.

...And the great Conservative tradition of dismissing science continues unabated! Ah! Willful ignorance! Just the type of thinking that inspires nothing.
It's ot a matter of ignoring science.

It's a matter of siding with Righteousness over Wickedness.

What superstitions would those be, oh Wise One?

The superstitions on which Mankind has built Civilization?

Pffffffttttt...

Civilization was formed long before your God was invented. Back then civilized people worshiped Zeus and Jupiter and a host of other gods.

...The American people are becoming younger, more tolerant and far more enlightened than the ossified, stubborn and repressive homophobes...
You sound very young and naive in the above.

...Perhaps you should understand that and let the American people define the ideal rather than impose an archaic ideal that serves only to repress and retreat from the reality we are all living in...
Righteousness and Wickedness are now passing fads nor are they archaic ideals.

And, letting the American People define the Ideal is exactly what I - and many millions of your other fellow countrymen - are doing.

We are merely making our own contribution to that generations-long and broader national conversation.

...As homosexuality poses no threat to you, your property, your personal relationships, perhaps you should adhere to the principle that you tout, but fail to adhere; live and let live...
Wickedness, licentious and degeneracy impacts society at-large and therefore affects everyone.

...You've got the 'live' part down. Now, work on the 'let live' part.
No problem.

Other than shunning sexual deviants and perverts - including homosexuals.

Forum List

Back