Apparently it's not easy to get laid in the capital if you're a Republican

Would you date your political opposite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Witchit

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2014
TARDIS
Even if you're not associated with the current administration or a MAGA-hat wearing Trump supporter, it can apparently be hard to lock down a date if you lean right. A reporter for a right-wing media outlet told the Washingtonian he recently went out on a date that crashed and burned once the woman noticed some conservative books on his shelf. Even though the guy told her he didn't vote for Trump and considers himself a moderate conservative, she ended things there.

"She was like, 'I have to get out of here. I canā€™t see you,' and left," he said. "The policies and these things that are attached to the right, whether or not youā€™re a supporter of Trump, have been pre-supposed on you, and itā€™s like a black mark."

Other lovelorn Republicans told the Washingtonian they've been getting people to agree to dates by avoiding any mention of their politics or their work at all costs on dating appsā€”essentially hiding who they really are until they meet someone in person. Some said they've gone out of their way to avoid meeting up with liberals altogetherā€”like one White House staffer who said she won't match with anyone who went to a small liberal arts school, and sticks to swiping right for dudes from the South.

Conservatives Are Whining Because No One Wants to Date Them

The above article is based on the following article in the Washingtonian:

When she first moved to DC, a former Obama White House staffer who now works at the Aspen Institute was set up on a date with a Republican who worked on Capitol Hill. ā€œWe had a really nice time, but at the end of the date, he told me he didnā€™t believe in global warming,ā€ she says. ā€œI started laughing, because Iā€™m from Colorado and didnā€™t realize people actually didnā€™t believe in global warming. But he was serious.ā€ They didnā€™t go out again.

Republicans say itā€™s liberals who are more likely to turn down someone across the aisle. ā€œDemocrats are usually more vocalā€ about their opposition, the Trump staffer says, and therefore quicker to demonize all conservatives.

ā€œI feel like they look at me and are like, hereā€™s a tall white dude with brown hair wearing loafers, and he probably has a picture of Reagan and the NRA in his bedroom or something,ā€ says one of the reporters from the conservative media company. ā€œI just think they have a very hyperbolic view of what a conservative is.ā€

Why Itā€™s Hard for Conservatives to Date in DC Right Now | Washingtonian

Or as a dear friend of mine said, "Hi, I belong to a group that believes you cannot make your own decisions about your body, that you should not be paid the same as a man, that you should not be believed when you report sexual abuse, and you should thank the lord when you get raped because it was God's will. Hey, where are you going?"

And now, for my .02 worth. From all indications here on this board, no conservative man or woman would ever date across the aisle. So I'm pretty sure there'd be no hard feelings if I said "Right backatcha, sunshine!"

Even if you're not associated with the current administration or a MAGA-hat wearing Trump supporter, it can apparently be hard to lock down a date if you lean right. A reporter for a right-wing media outlet told the Washingtonian he recently went out on a date that crashed and burned once the woman noticed some conservative books on his shelf. Even though the guy told her he didn't vote for Trump and considers himself a moderate conservative, she ended things there.

"She was like, 'I have to get out of here. I canā€™t see you,' and left," he said. "The policies and these things that are attached to the right, whether or not youā€™re a supporter of Trump, have been pre-supposed on you, and itā€™s like a black mark."

Other lovelorn Republicans told the Washingtonian they've been getting people to agree to dates by avoiding any mention of their politics or their work at all costs on dating appsā€”essentially hiding who they really are until they meet someone in person. Some said they've gone out of their way to avoid meeting up with liberals altogetherā€”like one White House staffer who said she won't match with anyone who went to a small liberal arts school, and sticks to swiping right for dudes from the South.

When she first moved to DC, a former Obama White House staffer who now works at the Aspen Institute was set up on a date with a Republican who worked on Capitol Hill. ā€œWe had a really nice time, but at the end of the date, he told me he didnā€™t believe in global warming,ā€ she says. ā€œI started laughing, because Iā€™m from Colorado and didnā€™t realize people actually didnā€™t believe in global warming. But he was serious.ā€ They didnā€™t go out again.

Republicans say itā€™s liberals who are more likely to turn down someone across the aisle. ā€œDemocrats are usually more vocalā€ about their opposition, the Trump staffer says, and therefore quicker to demonize all conservatives.

ā€œI feel like they look at me and are like, hereā€™s a tall white dude with brown hair wearing loafers, and he probably has a picture of Reagan and the NRA in his bedroom or something,ā€ says one of the reporters from the conservative media company. ā€œI just think they have a very hyperbolic view of what a conservative is.ā€

Or as a dear friend of mine said, "Hi, I belong to a group that believes you cannot make your own decisions about your body, that you should not be paid the same as a man, that you should not be believed when you report sexual abuse, and you should thank the lord when you get raped because it was God's will. Hey, where are you going?"

And now, for my .02 worth. From all indications here on this board, no conservative man or woman would ever date across the aisle. So I'm pretty sure there'd be no hard feelings if I said "Right backatcha, sunshine!"
I'll bite.

The key to a successful long term relationship is being able to agree to disagree without any hard feelings about it.

Does not matter what their party (if any) is.

I would beware of anyone on either extreme however. Those are wacko's.

There's an unstated implication in there that these conservative guys would date liberal women. I'm not sure I buy it.

I might, but liberal women are rather hideous.

You wanna get laid it is pretty simple, you send out enough offers some will take ya up on it! If ya beleive they will not date across the isle you are crazy! If there is one thing I have learned on this earth is that people like to have sex. I get my hand on that girls knee and polotics goes out the window in a hurry.

I hope she finds her feman someday.

I hope everybody who wants to, finds love. But there was a poll in there - would you date across the aisle, or no?
My wife is my opposite. Holds several major positions I don't....one being legality of abortion. Been there done that for over 20 yrs.

How do you guys do it? I mean, my housemate is far right, my sister and I are far left (they are upper level, I am lower.) We just avoid ever talking anything remotely resembling politics.

Well, first off most of the women in Washington DC are of color and poor. Then there are those White Privileged liberal woman who have been brainwashed into thinking all men are rapists, like Harvey Weinstein and Bill Clinton. Then there are those liberal women who only want other women, because they are muff divers. Then there is the real truth about liberal women.

democrat_women.jpg

You wanna get laid it is pretty simple, you send out enough offers some will take ya up on it! If ya beleive they will not date across the isle you are crazy! If there is one thing I have learned on this earth is that people like to have sex. I get my hand on that girls knee and polotics goes out the window in a hurry.

Did you read the articles? The premise is the liberal women are finding out that the men are conservatives before any hands get on any knees, hence the angst.

I hope she finds her feman someday.

I hope everybody who wants to, finds love. But there was a poll in there - would you date across the aisle, or no?
My wife is my opposite. Holds several major positions I don't....one being legality of abortion. Been there done that for over 20 yrs.

How do you guys do it? I mean, my housemate is far right, my sister and I are far left (they are upper level, I am lower.) We just avoid ever talking anything remotely resembling politics.
My wife when I met her, she was so far to the left that she hated all men, because they were pigs. 31 and 1/2 years later, she voted for Bush, Romney and Trump, while also owns a Walther PK22. She saw how the Democrat Party really have the War on Women just by having the likes of Hollywood, Harvey Weinstein, and Bill Clinton.

Did you read the articles? The premise is the liberal women are finding out that the men are conservatives before any hands get on any knees, hence the angst.
That's a blessing for the men. They won't have hoax rape claims against them.

There's an unstated implication in there that these conservative guys would date liberal women. I'm not sure I buy it.
I can tell you this I was doing some fund raising for a political party 4 years ago. I saw the inside of both sides bedrooms more than once. I would have to think that would have been easier for a women based on my experience!

Forum List

Back