Zone1 Approval of sex outside marriage: the reason the vast majority will be in Hell.

If they are adults and take responsibility for what they do, why would they follow such antiquated forms of control?
That's just it. They aren't taking responsibility, they aren't acting like adults, and they aren't showing any self-control.

No, it would not be improved.

Increasing unwanted pregnancies is not a good thing.

Trying to force homosexuals back into the closet is not going to happen and should never be the goal of a government.

And even in the strictest, most repressed countries, premarital sex still happens.

Your dreams of a theocracy are just fantasy.
Abortion, gay sex, fornication would all be reduced under an officially Christian government. Government sanction contributes mightily to a behavior. The first step would be to STOP rewarding couples for cohabiting instead of marrying.

If you truly love someone, you'll commit through marriage. Otherwise, you're just playing house.

Bullshit.

I am in a committed relationship now. We have not asked the gov't to approve of our relationship.

And our personal commitment is the only thing we have. There is no court or law that requires us to stay together. We do not have to hire a lawyer to leave. We will not stay together to avoid the expense of a divorce.

Abortion, gay sex, fornication would all be reduced under an officially Christian government. Government sanction contributes mightily to a behavior. The first step would be to STOP rewarding couples for cohabiting instead of marrying.

Your fantasy is laughable.

But which church do you think should rule over the US? Baptists? Catholics? Jehovah's Witness?

Abortion is already pretty much banned. I have no problem with that.

But you want to ban what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own home? Maybe you should stop peeping in windows trying to catch them at it.

Abortion is already pretty much banned. I have no problem with that.
It is? I wish that were so.
But you want to ban what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own home? Maybe you should stop peeping in windows trying to catch them at it.
My post said nothing of the kind. I notice you always put up a strawman I didn't say. I don't think a law against fornication is the answer because it would be hard to enforce, although such laws against public fornication should definitely be reinstated.

Bullshit.

I am in a committed relationship now. We have not asked the gov't to approve of our relationship.

And our personal commitment is the only thing we have. There is no court or law that requires us to stay together. We do not have to hire a lawyer to leave. We will not stay together to avoid the expense of a divorce.
You aren't. You're playing house. You probably each have government benefits you would lose if you marry. Am I right?

I think a nation following Catholic teaching would be the best.

Give that a try. I would love to see the reaction when it went down in flames.

Our nation is roughly 70% Christian. More than enough to amend the US Constitution.

But you know that even other Christians won't go along with your fantasy.

But you keep dreaming about the Pope being our leader.

1. Marriage and Divorce
The Pharisees - Pharisees were highly educated Jewish leaders who spearheaded the opposition against Jesus while He was on earth, and later against the Christian church. and had studied under Gamaliel, a highly respected Pharisee of that day.
The Law of Moses - We read in Mark 10:4 "Moses permitted a man to write a certificate of divorce, and to dismiss her."
Mark 10:5-9, 11 -12 (NKJV) And Jesus answered and said to them, "Because of the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept.

But from the beginning of the creation, God 'made them male and female.'
'For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife,
and the two shall become one flesh'; so then they are no longer two, but one flesh.
Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.
" Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her.
And if a woman divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery."

2. Marriage is a gift from God
We read in Eccl 9:7-9 Go, eat your bread with joy, And drink your wine with a merry heart; For God has already accepted your works.
Let your garments always be white, And let your head lack no oil.
Live joyfully with the wife whom you love all the days of your vain life which He has given you under the sun, all your days of vanity; for that is your portion in life, and in the labor which you perform under the sun.

Heb 13:4-5 Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge.
Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have.

Note: Hosea discovered that being a prophet had its occupational hazards. The Lord sometimes required His prophets to perform difficult and even humiliating object lessons to complement their messages. At the beginning of Hosea’s prophetic ministry, the Lord told him to get married and announced that Hosea’s chosen bride would be unfaithful to her marriage vows. Her adultery would vividly illustrate Israel’s unfaithfulness to her covenant Lord.

Hosea chose Gomer, the daughter of Diblaim, as his wife and they had three children, each of whom received a symbolic name from the Lord. The firstborn son’s name Jezreel was a reminder of the atrocities that had occurred at Jezreel. God would soon judge Israel for these sins, appropriately through a military defeat at this same city. Their daughter Lo-Ruhamah’s name, meaning “Not Loved,” announced that the Lord would temporarily withdraw His love from Israel. The third child’s name Lo-Ammi, meaning “Not My People,” anticipated the severe disruption of the Lord’s covenantal relationship with His people.

Because of Gomer’s adulteries, the marriage disintegrated, and she eventually became the slave or concubine of another man. However, the Lord instructed Hosea to buy back his wife. Hosea’s act of mercy toward his wife was a striking picture of the Lord’s great love for Israel.

So us will as a man is commits adultery." toward his wife to win her husband back. Mercy and forgiveness. Note: To have marriages that honor God (Ephesians 5:22–33) To honor God in our families (Ephesians 6:1–4)

3. Keep Your Marriage Vows - Instruction on Marriage
1 Corinthians 7:1-10
Now concerning the things of which you wrote to me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.
Nevertheless, because of sexual immorality, let each man have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband.
Let the husband render to his wife the affection due her, and likewise also the wife to her husband.
The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. And likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does.
Do not deprive one another except with consent for a time, that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again so that Satan does not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.
But I say this as a concession, not as a commandment.
For I wish that all men were even as I myself. But each one has his own gift from God, one in this manner and another in that.
But I say to the unmarried and to the widows: It is good for them if they remain even as I am;
but if they cannot exercise self-control, let them marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion.
Now to the married I command, yet not I but the Lord: A wife is not to depart from her husband.

You aren't. You're playing house. You probably each have government benefits you would lose if you marry. Am I right?

LMAO!!

No, there are no gov't benefits that either of us would lose. My SSI might drop a little, but that is a very minor part of my retirement income.

No, we are not just playing house. We are committed to each other. But since between 40 and 50% of married couples cheat, your "institution" isn't all you think it is.

Give that a try. I would love to see the reaction when it went down in flames.

Our nation is roughly 70% Christian. More than enough to amend the US Constitution.

But you know that even other Christians won't go along with your fantasy.

But you keep dreaming about the Pope being our leader.
I never said the pope would be our leader. I said the best course is for a government is to embrace Catholic moral principles.

LMAO!!

No, there are no gov't benefits that either of us would lose. My SSI might drop a little, but that is a very minor part of my retirement income.

No, we are not just playing house. We are committed to each other. But since between 40 and 50% of married couples cheat, your "institution" isn't all you think it is.
Nowhere near 50% of married couples cheat. That's a gross lie.

Forum List

Back