Arab drag queen fears death after Gay Pride

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I hope he finds a country in which he will feel comfortable and not fear for his life.

Arab drag queen fears death after Gay Pride
By Nathan Jeffay, June 25, 2015

During Tel Aviv Gay Pride earlier this month, an Arab drag queen attracted massive attention. But now he is paying a high price.

Karam Dadu said he plans to leave Israel next week, believing he is in danger of an honour killing by his family.

Last Friday, a week after Reuters published a profile of him, his Tel Aviv home was broken in to and his possessions destroyed, he said. He is interpreting it as a warning that his family is on the warpath again. Mr Dadu claims he has already come within an inch of his life at the hands of his father.

A star of the mostly Jewish Tel Aviv lesbian and gay scene and subject of a recent exhibition in a gay community centre, the 24-year-old chef performs his drag act two to three times a week, wearing tight clothes, lipstick, and false eyelashes. He enjoys a sense of acceptance he could not imagine when he came out as gay a decade ago, and when, two years later, he left his family home in the Galilee and started sleeping on the streets of Tel Aviv. There he met his first "gay person in real life".

Continue reading at:

Arab drag queen fears death after Gay Pride The Jewish Chronicle?

And some of you thought Christian republican conservatives were bad...at least they don't stone gays to death or throw them off roof tops. But Islam is OK, because it's all about DIVERSITY. Right?

And some of you thought Christian republican conservatives were bad...at least they don't stone gays to death or throw them off roof tops. But Islam is OK, because it's all about DIVERSITY. Right?
No...Islam is no ok...nor is far right christianity. How come people like you have to make shit up?

Let's put it this way, Mary. I don't think any of us would want to be a Gay person in a Muslim country. I am sure many of the Gays keep quiet about it and make derogatory remarks about Gays to throw people off.

Forum List

Back