🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Are Blacks More Racist Than Whites? Most Americans Say Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't anyone ever love you enough to teach you have to engage in civil discourse?
That's not a lack of civil discourse you're feeling, more like the saying "the truth sometimes hurts".

I was referring to his use of vulgarity....something I never have to resort to, as I am always right.

There is no truth in either his nor your posts, nor is there any institutional racism, in the USofA.

Blacks have the very same opportunities that every American has, and your hand wringing and carping has no bearing on the truth.

As has been documented in the thread, in many cases blacks have special advantages that no other group has.

It is disingenuous at this point in time to pretend that white people today still support segregation policies that they fought against and repealed multiple generations ago.
It is disingenuous at this point in time to pretend that white people today still support segregation policies that they fought against and repealed multiple generations ago.

It also makes a mockery of the bravery and sacrifice of those whites, who did that, at a time when taking a stand against white racism was actually brave.
This is an odd response to the question I asked as to why if people want to be segregated would they then turn around and criticize those African Americans who seek out other African Americans for support and label them as racist. We know that this country was legally segregated and then desegregated against the will of a significant portion of the population. And we also know that today we have all of these individuals on these message boards complaining about what African Americans now have that they are not a part of presumably because they didn't want to have anything to do with us. So what is there to complain about now unless they just don't want black people to have ANYTHING of their own?

Last edited:
Every hear of affirmative action?
We just had this discussion. Show me in the text below where black people are mentioned and where it says that black people specially because of their race, are now put into a position of authority over white people. I've even highlight the actual text of the law

The term "affirmative action" was first used in the United States in "Executive Order No. 10925",[9] signed by President John F. Kennedy on 6 March 1961, which included a provision that government contractors "take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment, ***without regard*** to their race, creed, color, or national origin."[10] It was used to promote actions that achieve non-discrimination

Legalese to pass muster, but everyone knows what it was meant for and what it's impact has been.

It is used to force discrimination in hiring and promotions, as we saw with the New Haven firefighters case.

Wrong. The impact has been that whites have benefitted he most. You've been explained to that the only reason any kind of requirements must be met are due to the fact that the company is still practicing racial discrimination.

The New Haven Firefighter case shows otherwise.

No, actually it did not.

No. One advocates for what is believed to be a far too high number of unarmed blacks being killed.

The Klans mission was to terrorize, intimidate and too many cases kill not only blacks, but also Jews, gays and anyone else who did not represent their ideology of white supremacy.

You are sincerely ignorant and conscientiously stupid, little girl.
The Klan's mission now is to promote the white race, which is what BLM does.

The Klan is the same old Klan. They are white supremacists. They've just taken their idiocy to the internet where they find fools like you to recruit.

Are you referring to the military arm of the Democrat Party....the KKK????

The oldest racist organization in America.....the Democrat Party.

They 'recruit' black folks who don't know their history.

Raise your paw.

This same old tired old recycled lie about "Democrats being the party of racism" by you right wing screwballs has been told thousands of times in forums all over the Internet, and always leads back to the Democratic party of the post civil war era.

I've lived and seen more real history than you have experienced in your short spoonfed, pampered existence.

Now, get off your knees. Mama San.

"This same old tired old recycled lie about "Democrats being the party of racism"

You didn't know??????

Let's review the subject...and you should take notes:

1. The Democrats are, and have always been, the party of slavery, segregation, and second-class citizenship.

2. It is the party of Jefferson Davis, the KKK, Planned Parenthood, concentration camps for American citizens, and restrictions on free speech.

3. It is the party of Mao ornaments on the White House Christmas tree, and of James Hodgkinson, and of Communist Bernie Sanders, of pretend genders.

4. The Democrat Party is the oldest racist organization in America, the trail of tears, the author of Jim Crow and the bigotry of low expectations, filibustered against women getting the vote and killed every anti-lynching bill to get to Congress.

5. The Democrat Party is the number one funder of the Islamic Revolution in Tehran….to the tune of $100 billion to the Ayatollahs….and gave Hezbollah the go-ahead to sell cocaine in America.

6. It is the party of anti-Semitism and Louis Farrakhan, and of the first Cabinet member ever to be held in contempt of Congress.

7. It is the party that admits its future depends on flooding the country with illegal aliens, and telling them to vote.

8. It is the party that couldn't suck up to the Castro Brothers enough, and treats the Bill of Rights like a Chinese menu.

9. The Democrats got us into the Civil War…Jefferson Davis .... Woodrow Wilson, WWI….FDR, WWII……Truman, Korean War….VietNam, JFK and LBJ…..yet they want to weaken our military.

10. The Democrats are the party that looks at the mayhem their gun laws have produced in Chicago, ……and this is their model for the nation.

Now.....what sort of moron would support that?????

Raise your paw.

Who voted to end
No. One advocates for what is believed to be a far too high number of unarmed blacks being killed.

The Klans mission was to terrorize, intimidate and too many cases kill not only blacks, but also Jews, gays and anyone else who did not represent their ideology of white supremacy.

The Klan is the same old Klan. They are white supremacists. They've just taken their idiocy to the internet where they find fools like you to recruit.

Raise your paw.

This same old tired old recycled lie about "Democrats being the party of racism" by you right wing screwballs has been told thousands of times in forums all over the Internet, and always leads back to the Democratic party of the post civil war era.

I've lived and seen more real history than you have experienced in your short spoonfed, pampered existence.

"This same old tired old recycled lie about "Democrats being the party of racism"

You didn't know??????

1. The Democrats are, and have always been, the party of slavery, segregation, and second-class citizenship.

2. It is the party of Jefferson Davis, the KKK, Planned Parenthood, concentration camps for American citizens, and restrictions on free speech.

3. It is the party of Mao ornaments on the White House Christmas tree, and of James Hodgkinson, and of Communist Bernie Sanders, of pretend genders.

4. The Democrat Party is the oldest racist organization in America, the trail of tears, the author of Jim Crow and the bigotry of low expectations, filibustered against women getting the vote and killed every anti-lynching bill to get to Congress.

5. The Democrat Party is the number one funder of the Islamic Revolution in Tehran….to the tune of $100 billion to the Ayatollahs….and gave Hezbollah the go-ahead to sell cocaine in America.

6. It is the party of anti-Semitism and Louis Farrakhan, and of the first Cabinet member ever to be held in contempt of Congress.

7. It is the party that admits its future depends on flooding the country with illegal aliens, and telling them to vote.

8. It is the party that couldn't suck up to the Castro Brothers enough, and treats the Bill of Rights like a Chinese menu.

9. The Democrats got us into the Civil War…Jefferson Davis .... Woodrow Wilson, WWI….FDR, WWII……Truman, Korean War….VietNam, JFK and LBJ…..yet they want to weaken our military.

10. The Democrats are the party that looks at the mayhem their gun laws have produced in Chicago, ……and this is their model for the nation.

Raise your paw.
p

Raise your paw.

You didn't know??????

Raise your paw.

You should hang your empty head in utter shame. I will start with Jim Crow first.

Even though the SOUTHERN democratic party right after slavery ushered in Jim Crow Laws, the common misconception and outright lie that wingnuts like you tell, is that republicans were MORE instrumental in ending it

If you take into account the geographical distribution of votes to END Jim Crow, Republicans were less supportive to bring about its end.

Secondly, what bearing does Jefferson Davis have on today's politics. Today's Republican ideals are not what they were when led the confederacy. Even you should know that
I will revisit the rest of your silliness when I want some more entertainment.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...AxAB&usg=AOvVaw0rPAqBKo3WyqcG8-ynHKn2&ampcf=1

In the meantime there is some factual information here about more current times, than the era of the confederacy
Get off your knees..

As I do with metronomic regularity, I post to prove how uneducated you are.

I believe that, today, we have proven it together.

Come on, asslips is a professor of "Hate Whitey" studies at Stanford. He has a Ph.D. in "Hate Whitey." The fact that he cannot construct a grammatically correct post doesn't mean he is uneducated. He got an "A" in ebonics!

I was referring to his use of vulgarity....something I never have to resort to, as I am always right.

There is no truth in either his nor your posts, nor is there any institutional racism, in the USofA.

Blacks have the very same opportunities that every American has, and your hand wringing and carping has no bearing on the truth.

As has been documented in the thread, in many cases blacks have special advantages that no other group has.
So the first tip was "as I am always right" followed by "there is no truth in either his nor your posts, nor is there any institutional racism in the USofA"

If you're always right then this should be very easy for you to do - prove us wrong and please list the special advantages that black have that no other group has. And don't forget to cite the legislation that authorizes and or grants these special advantages.

Take your time, however I can generally produce documentation to support my statements within an hour. Surely you can do better than that?

It also makes a mockery of the bravery and sacrifice of those whites, who did that, at a time when taking a stand against white racism was actually brave.
This is an odd response to the question I asked as to why if people want to be segregated would they then turn around and criticize those African Americans you seek out other African Americans for support and label them as racist. We know that this country was legally segregated and then desegregated against the will of a significant portion of the population. And we also know that today we have all of these individuals on these message boards complaining about what African Americans now have that they are not a part of presumably because they didn't want to have anything to do with us. So what is there to complain about now unless they just don't want black people to have ANYTHING of their own?

The anti-segregation candidates kept winning elections and implementing policy, so a far MORE significant portion of the population was supporting desegregation.

I've never seen anyone of these boards complaining of what blacks have today.

Nor, any hint that anyone doesn't want blacks to have "ANYTHING of their own".

Every hear of affirmative action?
We just had this discussion. Show me in the text below where black people are mentioned and where it says that black people specially because of their race, are now put into a position of authority over white people. I've even highlight the actual text of the law

The term "affirmative action" was first used in the United States in "Executive Order No. 10925",[9] signed by President John F. Kennedy on 6 March 1961, which included a provision that government contractors "take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment, ***without regard*** to their race, creed, color, or national origin."[10] It was used to promote actions that achieve non-discrimination

Legalese to pass muster, but everyone knows what it was meant for and what it's impact has been.

It is used to force discrimination in hiring and promotions, as we saw with the New Haven firefighters case.

Wrong. The impact has been that whites have benefitted he most. You've been explained to that the only reason any kind of requirements must be met are due to the fact that the company is still practicing racial discrimination.

The New Haven Firefighter case shows otherwise.

No, actually it did not.

New Haven was not discriminating against blacks.

They were afraid that the results of a promotion test, where all the blacks failed, would result in the unequal outcome, which would then put them in danger of being sued, unfairly under Title IV.

So, they instead discriminated AGAINST whites, by refusing to use the results of the test.

White people were denied promotion based on the color of their skin.

That is the result of AA and civil rights, as it is now practiced.

Being racist when you protest kinda defeats the purpose, but you all are too dim to see that.
Maybe you should take your own advice and do a dictionary look-up

racist [rey-sist]
noun
1. a person who believes in racism, the doctrine that one's own racial group is superior or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.
Every time a white person complains about anything that is "for" black people, even under circumstances where this was the only way for black people to participate in similar activities as whites that they were oftentimes legally excluded from, this is what they fail to consider - that racism isn't just being for or against a particular race, but the inherent belief in the superiority of one's own race and the inferiority of those not of one's own race....?

There is nothing in the act of complaining that something is "for" black people, that indicates a belief in the superiority of one's own race and the inferiority of those not of one's own race.
Not to you...but you're not fully grown up yet...at least not mentally.

Being racist when you protest kinda defeats the purpose, but you all are too dim to see that.
Maybe you should take your own advice and do a dictionary look-up

racist [rey-sist]
noun
1. a person who believes in racism, the doctrine that one's own racial group is superior or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.
Every time a white person complains about anything that is "for" black people, even under circumstances where this was the only way for black people to participate in similar activities as whites that they were oftentimes legally excluded from, this is what they fail to consider - that racism isn't just being for or against a particular race, but the inherent belief in the superiority of one's own race and the inferiority of those not of one's own race....?

There is nothing in the act of complaining that something is "for" black people, that indicates a belief in the superiority of one's own race and the inferiority of those not of one's own race.
Not to you...but you're not fully grown up yet...at least not mentally.

There is nothing in the act of complaining that something is "for" black people, that indicates a belief in the superiority of one's own race and the inferiority of those not of one's own race.[

Raise your paw.

You didn't know??????

Raise your paw.

Who voted to end

Raise your paw.

You didn't know??????

Raise your paw.
p

Raise your paw.

You didn't know??????

Raise your paw.

You should hang your empty head in utter shame. I will start with Jim Crow first.

Even though the SOUTHERN democratic party right after slavery ushered in Jim Crow Laws, the common misconception and outright lie that wingnuts like you tell, is that republicans were MORE instrumental in ending it

If you take into account the geographical distribution of votes to END Jim Crow, Republicans were less supportive to bring about its end.

Secondly, what bearing does Jefferson Davis have on today's politics. Today's Republican ideals are not what they were when led the confederacy. Even you should know that
I will revisit the rest of your silliness when I want some more entertainment.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...AxAB&usg=AOvVaw0rPAqBKo3WyqcG8-ynHKn2&ampcf=1

In the meantime there is some factual information here about more current times, than the era of the confederacy

Steve, did you REALLY just claim that Republicans we LESS supportive of ending Jim Crow laws?

The claim is utterly false and an attempt to rewrite history in such a way as to change the players.

It's as if someone recast WWII in a way where Americans had Concentration camps and Hitler was the good guy.

An uttely disgusting move.

But it isn't legislation that places black people solely due to their race in a position of authority over white people, unlike the legislation that put the rights of white people over those of blacks via the various Black codes and original legislation of this country, including the "separate but equal" doctrine

Separate but equal was a legal doctrine in United States constitutional law according to which racial segregation did not violate the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, adopted during the Reconstruction Era, which guaranteed "equal protection" under the law to all citizens. Under the doctrine, as long as the facilities provided to each race were equal, state and local governments could require that services, facilities, public accommodations, housing, medical care, education, employment, and transportation be segregated by race, which was already the case throughout the former Confederacy. The phrase was derived from a Louisiana law of 1890, although the law actually used the phrase "equal but separate".[1][better source needed]

The doctrine was confirmed in the Plessy v. Ferguson Supreme Court decision of 1896, which allowed state-sponsored segregation. Though segregation laws existed before that case, the decision emboldened segregation states during the Jim Crow era, which had commenced in 1876 and supplanted the Black Codes, which restricted the civil rights and civil liberties of African-Americans during the Reconstruction Era. 18 states had segregation laws.

In practice the separate facilities provided to African Americans were rarely equal; usually they were not even close to equal, or they did not exist at all. For example, according to the 1934-36 report of the Florida Superintendent of Public Instruction, the value of “white school property” in the state was $70,543,000, while the value of African-American school property was $4,900,000. The report says that “in a few south Florida counties and in most north Florida counties many Negro schools are housed in churches, shacks, and lodges, and have no toilets, water supply, desks, blackboards, etc. Counties use these schools as a means to get State funds and yet these counties invest little or nothing in them.” High school education for African-Americans was provided in only 28 of Florida’s 67 counties.[2]

The doctrine of separate but equal was overturned by a series of Supreme Court decisions, starting with Brown v. Board of Education of 1954. However, the overturning of segregation laws in the United States was a long process that lasted through much of the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s, involving federal legislation (especially the Civil Rights Act of 1964), and many court cases.
Separate but equal - Wikipedia

Although it was wrong, slavery was legal and was worldwide throughout history
Some posters don't believe it to be true that Africans sold their own into slavery. Although it was wrong, slavery was legal and was worldwide throughout history
Are you aware of the fact that Africa is a continent not a country? That just because two people are black doesn't mean they are kin - they may be from different countries or even tribes within the same country that does not mean that just because they're both black that they're the same.

If Canada invaded the United States, stole a bunch of white people and sold them to slave traders in Norway, would you consider the Canadians as having sold their own people?

And the fact that chattel slavery was ever legal in this country is much more of a commentary of the people who participated in and allowed it than on the people enslaved. It was not "wrong", it was a heinous and sadistic institution that laid the foundation for the treatment of people of African descent that continues to this day.
My post was referring to the mind thought, apparently, that the United States is the only place on earth to ever have slaves or to oppress people. It has been done forever, worldwide. What does Africa being a continent have to do with anything?

Cite it then so I can read what you're referring to.

Ricci v. DeStefano - Wikipedia

"In late 2003, the New Haven Fire Department had seven openings for Captain and eight openings for Lieutenant. To fill the open positions, it needed to administer civil service examinations. The examinations consisted of two parts: a written examination and an oral examination.

The examinations were governed in part by the City of New Haven's contract with the firefighters' union (which stated that the written exam result counted for 60% of an applicant's score and the oral exam for 40%, and that a total score above 70% on the exam would constitute a passing score). The final selection would be governed by a provision in the City Charter referred to as the "Rule of Three", which mandated that a civil service position be filled from among the three individuals with the highest scores on the exam.

Examinations[edit]
The New Haven Department of Human Resources issued an RFP for these examinations, as a result of which I/O Solutions ("IOS") designed the examinations.[4] The examinations were administered in November and December 2003;[5] 118 firefighters took the examinations (77 took the Lieutenant exam and 41 took the Captain exam).

When the results came back, the pass rate for black candidates was approximately half that of the corresponding rate for white candidates:[6]

• The passage rate for the Captain exam was: 19 (58%) of the 33 whites; 3 (38%) of the 8 blacks; and 3 (38%) of the 8 Hispanics.[7] Under the City Charter's "Rule of Three", the top 9 scorers would be eligible for promotion to the 7 open Captain positions; the top 9 scorers consisted of all whites and no blacks.
  • The passage rate for the Lieutenant exam was: 28 (47%) of the 59 whites; 6 (32%) of the 19 blacks; and 3 (20%) of the 15 Hispanics. Under the City Charter's "Rule of Three", the top 10 scorers would be eligible for promotion to the 8 open Lieutenant positions; the top 10 scorers were all white."

"
New Haven officials invalidated the test results because none of the black firefighters who took it scored high enough to be considered for the positions.

City officials said that they feared a lawsuit over the test's disproportionate exclusion of certain racial groups from promotion under "disparate impact" head of liability.[2][3]"

Didn't anyone ever love you enough to teach you have to engage in civil discourse?
That's not a lack of civil discourse you're feeling, more like the saying "the truth sometimes hurts".

I use vulgarity when it's warranted. Your conversation is not civil just because you don't cuss. Your arguments are racist and full of lies. That's uncivil, yet you expect civility after being uncivil. Blacks don't get any special advantages no other group gets. And as you are Asian which probably means you are Japanese, then I'd sure like see where your asses would be if not for those reparations you got. Because that's a special advantage that other groups did not get.

You are a little kid if my memory serves me correctly, a teenager, so you really don't know anything. And tat's why you should stay in your lane. Because once you get into the real word and get treated like Asians get treated you'll shut up.

But it isn't legislation that places black people solely due to their race in a position of authority over white people, unlike the legislation that put the rights of white people over those of blacks via the various Black codes and original legislation of this country, including the "separate but equal" doctrine

Separate but equal was a legal doctrine in United States constitutional law according to which racial segregation did not violate the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, adopted during the Reconstruction Era, which guaranteed "equal protection" under the law to all citizens. Under the doctrine, as long as the facilities provided to each race were equal, state and local governments could require that services, facilities, public accommodations, housing, medical care, education, employment, and transportation be segregated by race, which was already the case throughout the former Confederacy. The phrase was derived from a Louisiana law of 1890, although the law actually used the phrase "equal but separate".[1][better source needed]

The doctrine was confirmed in the Plessy v. Ferguson Supreme Court decision of 1896, which allowed state-sponsored segregation. Though segregation laws existed before that case, the decision emboldened segregation states during the Jim Crow era, which had commenced in 1876 and supplanted the Black Codes, which restricted the civil rights and civil liberties of African-Americans during the Reconstruction Era. 18 states had segregation laws.

In practice the separate facilities provided to African Americans were rarely equal; usually they were not even close to equal, or they did not exist at all. For example, according to the 1934-36 report of the Florida Superintendent of Public Instruction, the value of “white school property” in the state was $70,543,000, while the value of African-American school property was $4,900,000. The report says that “in a few south Florida counties and in most north Florida counties many Negro schools are housed in churches, shacks, and lodges, and have no toilets, water supply, desks, blackboards, etc. Counties use these schools as a means to get State funds and yet these counties invest little or nothing in them.” High school education for African-Americans was provided in only 28 of Florida’s 67 counties.[2]

The doctrine of separate but equal was overturned by a series of Supreme Court decisions, starting with Brown v. Board of Education of 1954. However, the overturning of segregation laws in the United States was a long process that lasted through much of the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s, involving federal legislation (especially the Civil Rights Act of 1964), and many court cases.
Separate but equal - Wikipedia

It deprives whites competing against blacks, for jobs or admission slots, or contracts, or any real resource,

of equal treatment.

They are discriminated against based on skin color.

Cite it then so I can read what you're referring to.

Ricci v. DeStefano - Wikipedia

"In late 2003, the New Haven Fire Department had seven openings for Captain and eight openings for Lieutenant. To fill the open positions, it needed to administer civil service examinations. The examinations consisted of two parts: a written examination and an oral examination.

The examinations were governed in part by the City of New Haven's contract with the firefighters' union (which stated that the written exam result counted for 60% of an applicant's score and the oral exam for 40%, and that a total score above 70% on the exam would constitute a passing score). The final selection would be governed by a provision in the City Charter referred to as the "Rule of Three", which mandated that a civil service position be filled from among the three individuals with the highest scores on the exam.

Examinations[edit]
The New Haven Department of Human Resources issued an RFP for these examinations, as a result of which I/O Solutions ("IOS") designed the examinations.[4] The examinations were administered in November and December 2003;[5] 118 firefighters took the examinations (77 took the Lieutenant exam and 41 took the Captain exam).

When the results came back, the pass rate for black candidates was approximately half that of the corresponding rate for white candidates:[6]

• The passage rate for the Captain exam was: 19 (58%) of the 33 whites; 3 (38%) of the 8 blacks; and 3 (38%) of the 8 Hispanics.[7] Under the City Charter's "Rule of Three", the top 9 scorers would be eligible for promotion to the 7 open Captain positions; the top 9 scorers consisted of all whites and no blacks.
  • The passage rate for the Lieutenant exam was: 28 (47%) of the 59 whites; 6 (32%) of the 19 blacks; and 3 (20%) of the 15 Hispanics. Under the City Charter's "Rule of Three", the top 10 scorers would be eligible for promotion to the 8 open Lieutenant positions; the top 10 scorers were all white."

"
New Haven officials invalidated the test results because none of the black firefighters who took it scored high enough to be considered for the positions.

City officials said that they feared a lawsuit over the test's disproportionate exclusion of certain racial groups from promotion under "disparate impact" head of liability.[2][3]"

Let's see if NewsVine_Mariyam has the integrity to acknowledge that you proved him wrong.

Some posters don't believe it to be true that Africans sold their own into slavery.
SOME Africans sold captured prisoners and trouble makers into slavery. But it seems the considerable number of young fertile women found among the slaves showed something else. Captured Women were more valuable to Africans than captured men. They would be hard put to sell black women to anyone because un related females were crucial to survival and the key to maintaining the unspoken taboo against incest. So...that obsevation of mine
devalues the notion of widespread African complicity in the slave trade, albeit not entirely.

The best thing is for everyone to stop being angry about what was and look at what can be and

Been there done that. Time for some thing. else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back