Are Children A Part Of The Gay Marriage Conversation?

To what degree are children a part of the gay-marriage conversation?

• They are THE concern of marriage. Marriage was mainly created for their benefit after all.

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Part of the conversation for sure. But in the end the adult civil rights trump them.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhat part of the conversation, but only a secondary role.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Marriage is for and about adults. Kids will accept what they have to.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
To quote the movie kindergarten cop

Daddy's have a penis and mommies have vaginas

Your confusion runs deep master skywalker

What runs deep is your bigotry and ignorance, padawan.

Be very specific and tell us exactly what parenting skill requires either body parts.

Childbirth. First thing first after all. Putting the cart before the horse is never a good idea

If you choose to have sex with the opposite sex every day, you ain't gay.

Yeah, you can still be gay. We can educate you everyday, but you still manage to be completely ignorant. Disconnect sex and orientation and you will begin to have an understanding. If you can't do that, you'll remain ignorant.

By definition, she is either a hostage, a hooker, a bisexual or a heterosexual.

You can lie to yourself all you want, doesn't mean we have to buy into your idiocy

And so you decided to remain ignorant. Disconnect the act of sex from sexual orientation, Pops. Men in prison are not bisexual.

They might actually be gay, but if they have sex with other men ......

They ain't straight

I would think a practicing lesbian would know these things.

I'm not practicing, I'm a professional. It's not something you really need to "practice". Men in prison are not gay, they are not bisexual, but you are ignorant and are likely to remain so, despite best efforts.

Anything worth while is worth practicing.

Just sayin

Pop are you for or against big brother big sister solutions when a parent has died?

You'll need to explain that one
... Ok there is a program called big brother. The idea is to introduce a male role model to children, esp. for those children who do not have a father. For example, children who's father has died. For example, a father who died fighting for this country.

Start Something for a child today-Big Brothers Big Sisters

And there is also a program called "Family and Friends" (there isn't really, I am referring to actual family and friends). We have them, families and friends. We don't raise our kids in bubbles. They have friends too and get to see all kinds of families, some like theirs, some different from theirs. The number one difference between my kids and all but one of their friends kids is not the orientation and/or gender of the the parents...it's their marital status. Only my daughter has one friend whose parents are still together and married like hers are. That's fucking sad.

Ayup.. it is sad. I've been married to my first and only wife for 28 years. My dad remarried after mom died, they were together for 48 years.

Glad to hear you use F&F. If pop is right about one thing it is that mentoring is important to development. Boys and girls are different and do need access to a same sex mentors, or... there may be issues. But then again every boy and girl is different.

Yeah, you can still be gay. We can educate you everyday, but you still manage to be completely ignorant. Disconnect sex and orientation and you will begin to have an understanding. If you can't do that, you'll remain ignorant.

By definition, she is either a hostage, a hooker, a bisexual or a heterosexual.

You can lie to yourself all you want, doesn't mean we have to buy into your idiocy

And so you decided to remain ignorant. Disconnect the act of sex from sexual orientation, Pops. Men in prison are not bisexual.

They might actually be gay, but if they have sex with other men ......

They ain't straight

I would think a practicing lesbian would know these things.

I'm not practicing, I'm a professional. It's not something you really need to "practice". Men in prison are not gay, they are not bisexual, but you are ignorant and are likely to remain so, despite best efforts.

Correct, men in prison are not gay or bisexual until they have sex with other men. Then they are.

You seem overly interested in prison sex.

I worry about you some times

You seem overly interested in distractions. I used prison as an example. I can use others...like LORAN stations. A gay friend of mine was stationed on one many many moons ago. No women, anywhere, for months at a time. He was a very busy young man...with all heterosexual married men. They were not gay, they were not bisexual. Until you can separate the act of sex with someone's orientation, you will wallow in your ignorance. That's YOUR choice.

To quote the movie kindergarten cop

Daddy's have a penis and mommies have vaginas

Your confusion runs deep master skywalker

What runs deep is your bigotry and ignorance, padawan.

Be very specific and tell us exactly what parenting skill requires either body parts.

Childbirth. First thing first after all. Putting the cart before the horse is never a good idea

No it doesn't. You do not have to give birth to be a parent. Adoptive parents by the millions can dispute that until the cows come home. Why do you continue to make such ludicrous statements?

Another argument fail, try again, Pops. Parenting, Pops, not procreation. What parenting skill requires either a penis or a vagina. Be specific.

Pop are you for or against big brother big sister solutions when a parent has died?

... Ok there is a program called big brother. The idea is to introduce a male role model to children, esp. for those children who do not have a father. For example, children who's father has died. For example, a father who died fighting for this country.

And there is also a program called "Family and Friends" (there isn't really, I am referring to actual family and friends). We have them, families and friends. We don't raise our kids in bubbles. They have friends too and get to see all kinds of families, some like theirs, some different from theirs. The number one difference between my kids and all but one of their friends kids is not the orientation and/or gender of the the parents...it's their marital status. Only my daughter has one friend whose parents are still together and married like hers are. That's fucking sad.

Ayup.. it is sad. I've been married to my first and only wife for 28 years. My dad remarried after mom died, they were together for 48 years.

Glad to hear you use F&F. If pop is right about one thing it is that mentoring is important to development. Boys and girls are different and do need access to a same sex mentors, or... there may be issues. But then again every boy and girl is different.

You know what? There are a lot more single parents than there are gay parents. Lots of kids (like many of my children's friends) have some pretty shitty parents as their "role models". All day at the bar, no job, dealing meth...just to name a few. Why aren't these "defenders of marriage and children" trying to outlaw divorce instead of trying to prevent us from protecting our families?

Anyone who uses 'being able to procreate children' as the sole criteria for marriage fails in the premise.

Millions marry without any intention of having children. Millions have children without marrying.

Pop, no is challenging your free speech. You are being laughed at for how you misuse it.

You know what? There are a lot more single parents than there are gay parents. Lots of kids (like many of my children's friends) have some pretty shitty parents as their "role models". All day at the bar, no job, dealing meth...just to name a few. Why aren't these "defenders of marriage and children" trying to outlaw divorce instead of trying to prevent us from protecting our families?

By definition singles are not married.

AND, no one is trying to (at least not me) trying to prevent you from protecting your family.

Anyone who uses 'being able to procreate children' as the sole criteria for marriage fails in the premise.

Millions marry without any intention of having children. Millions have children without marrying.

Pop, no is challenging your free speech. You are being laughed at for how you misuse it.

I am being laughed at by the village idiot?

Good Lord, think Man

AND, no one is trying to (at least not me) trying to prevent you from protecting your family.

They could be divorced couldn't they? If you want to keep gays from civil marriage, yes, you are trying to keep them from protecting their families, whether they have children or not. My brother and his wife married knowing full well they would never have children. You don't wish to prevent them and only me from the benefits and protections of civil marriage, despite the fact that my spouse and I have children. Why?

Good Lord, think Man

Believe me, more than just Jake are laughing at your "gays can't get married because they don't use birth control" justification.

Good Lord, think Man

Believe me, more than just Jake are laughing at your "gays can't get married because they don't use birth control" justification.

You keep pulling crap out of thin air

I asked the question as to why the lesbian utilized birth control, you failed to answer (which is your right I suppose ), but then you criticize instead of answering?

Oh my.

They could be divorced couldn't they? If you want to keep gays from civil marriage, yes, you are trying to keep them from protecting their families, whether they have children or not. My brother and his wife married knowing full well they would never have children. You don't wish to prevent them and only me from the benefits and protections of civil marriage, despite the fact that my spouse and I have children. Why?

Single parents then are also being denied the right to protect their families?

What a despicable society we live in!

Good Lord, think Man

I asked the question as to why the lesbian utilized birth control, you failed to answer (which is your right I suppose ), but then you criticize instead of answering?

Oh my.
By birth control...that is the Pill...which is often used for more than preventing pregnancy. But, you probably didn't know that.

Good Lord, think Man

You keep talking to the mirror, Pop. You have almost npo cred with the normal folks of the Board.

You don't like marriage equality, which is your right.

What you think means nothing to most people..

Agreed. Instead legally we consider marriage as "an institution created where children are the beneficiaries and to which we want to encourage as an environment into which they might come". That is the longstanding traditional definition of marriage.

Society has the jurisdiction on setting that definition because society is the ultimate receiver of any repurcussions of such a definition. Individuals rely on society for their wellbeing. Children are the most important individuals in the gay marriage debate therefore. Adults are already psychologically raised, set, imprinted etc. Children are blank slates coming into the institution and they cannot vote. And they [orphans] are all our our [society's] legal wards. Therefore we act first to protect them in marriage and second to protect any adult involved or not involved.

So, when the LGBT subCULTure all get behind the performance of "proud" and sober lewd sex acts where they know and anticipate and hope children of all ages will be in attendance, we as a society sit up abruptly and take notice. Our orphans would not fare well legally-bound [accessible legally through the marriage loophole in many states] to such people and their lifestyles.

Good. Tell Pop23.

Where your argument fails, and while you ignore it, SCOTUS won't, is that hetero adult predators are already set in the ways as well, andd as that of the gay parades.

their damage caused in number is hundreds of times of that as homosexuals.

The heterosexual image flaming is as bad if not worse than that of gayparades.

Your attempt to craft an exclusion for discrimination against gays fails on those two points alone.

Good Lord, think Man

Oh my.

I can answer the question for you Pops. Birth control isn't just simply used to hinder women getting pregnant. Women; including lesbian women, use birth control to combat painful periods, PMS, and, Endometriosis. It also lowers the risk for certain forms of cancer. I know this because my sister had serve and painful periods from the start. She started taking The Pill years before she became sexually active. It worked and a side bonus it also helped clear up her skin. I hope this help clears up any misconceptions as to why lesbians may need to take birth control.

Forum List

Back