Are Children A Part Of The Gay Marriage Conversation?

To what degree are children a part of the gay-marriage conversation?

• They are THE concern of marriage. Marriage was mainly created for their benefit after all.

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Part of the conversation for sure. But in the end the adult civil rights trump them.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhat part of the conversation, but only a secondary role.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Marriage is for and about adults. Kids will accept what they have to.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
Good. Tell Pop23.

Where your argument fails, and while you ignore it, SCOTUS won't, is that hetero adult predators are already set in the ways as well, andd as that of the gay parades.

their damage caused in number is hundreds of times of that as homosexuals.

The heterosexual image flaming is as bad if not worse than that of gayparades.

Your attempt to craft an exclusion for discrimination against gays fails on those two points alone.

Except that heterosexuals when preying on children are denounced by their culture and we do not hold "hetero pride parades" where we invite and hope children of all ages will be attending to see soberly-done lewd sex acts performed on floats with bright primary colors for their enticement. If any such parade were held with the intent of little kids attending and such acts went on in front of them, participants would be arrested. It's a curious double standard of cultures.

We heteros put people like Jerry Sandusky in jail and shun other molestors who were caught but somehow slipped off the hook.

LGBTs put people like Jerry Sandusky [Harvey Milk] on a pedastal precise because of his sexuality, knowing it was with at least one and likely more minor teen boys, as "representative of their sexual movement across the nation and the world."

It's just a difference between two cultures. One puts their child predators in jail. The other celebrates them as sexual-messiahs.

Good. Tell Pop23.

Where your argument fails, and while you ignore it, SCOTUS won't, is that hetero adult predators are already set in the ways as well, andd as that of the gay parades.

their damage caused in number is hundreds of times of that as homosexuals.

The heterosexual image flaming is as bad if not worse than that of gayparades.

Your attempt to craft an exclusion for discrimination against gays fails on those two points alone.

Ahhhhh Jake, Tis only part of my argument.

But thanks for straining your brain on lil ol me

Anyone who uses 'being able to procreate children' as the sole criteria for marriage fails in the premise.

Millions marry without any intention of having children. Millions have children without marrying.

Pop, no is challenging your free speech. You are being laughed at for how you misuse it.

I am being laughed at by the village idiot?

Good Lord, think Man

Believe me, more than just Jake are laughing at your "gays can't get married because they don't use birth control" justification.

You keep pulling crap out of thin air

I asked the question as to why the lesbian utilized birth control, you failed to answer (which is your right I suppose ), but then you criticize instead of answering?

Oh my.

I can answer the question for you Pops. Birth control isn't just simply used to hinder women getting pregnant. Women; including lesbian women, use birth control to combat painful periods, PMS, and, Endometriosis. It also lowers the risk for certain forms of cancer. I know this because my sister had serve and painful periods from the start. She started taking The Pill years before she became sexually active. It worked and a side bonus it also helped clear up her skin. I hope this help clears up any misconceptions as to why lesbians may need to take birth control.

If they used the pill to level a rickety table, would you also say it was birth control?

How exciting for you !

Anyone who uses 'being able to procreate children' as the sole criteria for marriage fails in the premise.

Millions marry without any intention of having children. Millions have children without marrying.

Pop, no is challenging your free speech. You are being laughed at for how you misuse it.

Good Lord, think Man

Believe me, more than just Jake are laughing at your "gays can't get married because they don't use birth control" justification.

I asked the question as to why the lesbian utilized birth control, you failed to answer (which is your right I suppose ), but then you criticize instead of answering?

Oh my.

I can answer the question for you Pops. Birth control isn't just simply used to hinder women getting pregnant. Women; including lesbian women, use birth control to combat painful periods, PMS, and, Endometriosis. It also lowers the risk for certain forms of cancer. I know this because my sister had serve and painful periods from the start. She started taking The Pill years before she became sexually active. It worked and a side bonus it also helped clear up her skin. I hope this help clears up any misconceptions as to why lesbians may need to take birth control.

If they used the pill to level a rickety table, would you also say it was birth control?

How exciting for you !

I explained in detail why lesbians would have a need for birth control/The Pill. If they only used the words "The Pill" would that change any of the facts that I posted as to why it's prescribed to lesbians? Of course not. You're just splitting hairs.

Good Lord, think Man

Oh my.

How exciting for you !

I explained in detail why lesbians would have a need for birth control/The Pill. If they only used the words "The Pill" would that change any of the facts that I posted as to why it's prescribed to lesbians? Of course not. You're just splitting hairs.

No, the hair split is yours

Trying to get anyone to believe a same sex couple would use birth control is absurd.

The two demographic groups are as different as attorneys and physicians.

Oh my.

How exciting for you !

Trying to get anyone to believe a same sex couple would use birth control is absurd.

Fine, lesbian can only it "The Pill" but the rest of the rationale world will know that when they do they are talking about birth control. Whatever makes you sleep better at night I suppose. Add it to list of other words you social conservatives believe solely own.

Oh my.

How exciting for you !

Fine, lesbian can only it "The Pill" but the rest of the rationale world will know that when they do they are talking about birth control. Whatever makes you sleep better at night I suppose. Add it to list of other words you social conservatives believe solely own.

Obviously not birth control

Oh my.

How exciting for you !

Trying to get the concept that there are actually demographic groups that differ from others is like pulling teeth

How exciting for you !

Yes, it obvious to almost everyone that "The Pill" is in fact birth control. It's short for "The Birth Control Pill" and yes lesbians use it as well for reasons that I explained above. It's alarming that this even has to be explained to you.

How exciting for you !

Yes, it obvious to almost everyone that "The Pill" is in fact birth control. It's short for "The Birth Control Pill" and yes lesbians use it as well for reasons that I explained above. It's alarming that this even has to be explained to you.

That dude in the mirror. Tis you

How exciting for you !

Trying to get the concept that there are actually demographic groups that differ from others is like pulling teeth

You mean different groups of people are different!?

This isn't exactly a ground breaking discovery.

That dude in the mirror. Tis you

I am happy to know that you believe gay people even have reflections. Baby steps.

I am happy to know that you believe gay people even have reflections. Baby steps.
Good, because when you get here....

ATLANTA [2005 Clinical Psychiatry News] -- Substance abuse is pervasive among gay men and is so intricately intertwined with epidemics of depression, partner abuse, and childhood sexual abuse that adequately addressing one issue requires attention to the others as well, said Ronald Stall, Ph.D., chief of prevention research for the division of HIV/AIDS prevention at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta...

....let me know...

Hmmmmmm

Sounds like discrimination to me.
Some forms of discrimination are better than others. IOW liberty is not the liberty to drive a mac truck through a busy city street without having some formal training. Causing undue risk of harm is not liberty.

Like the risk that is inevitable when most opposite sex couples have sex? Is the risk the same when same sex couples have sex? Pregnancy, death?

Hmmmmm
No. That's different. Consenting adults performing said actions in their own bedrooms do not cause undue risk to others. Unless of course you and your friends plan on having unprotected sex with them on a regular basis and one of you all have aids. If you want to ban sex ban sex. Married couples... the idea is that is a monogamous relationship. As for pregnancy, it works the same for same sex couples as it does for heterosexual couples. All gays have to do is find a surrogate, the same way heterosexual couples do when they can't get pregnant.

It effects the whole family. Other children, siblings, parents etc.

Please continue trying to show how the two demographic groups are so alike.

They are relationships, but function far differently and should be treated as such. Just like your doctor/lawyer example.
In a family where the mother is dominant, wheres pants, brings home the money, and has a butch haircut, and the father stays home has long hair and wears a skirt, who's the father figure?
The father figure can be any man who is respected for his paternal qualities and may be an emotional substitute for a father. In a third of American families, the natural parent is not the father figure.

A straight or gay female single parent faces the problem of finding a father figure for her children. The same need is faced by many families who have absentee fathers in body or spirit. I've been the father figure for 4 of my grandchildren.

Last edited:
Good, because when you get here....

ATLANTA [2005 Clinical Psychiatry News] -- Substance abuse is pervasive among gay men and is so intricately intertwined with epidemics of depression, partner abuse, and childhood sexual abuse that adequately addressing one issue requires attention to the others as well, said Ronald Stall, Ph.D., chief of prevention research for the division of HIV/AIDS prevention at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta...

....let me know...

I regret to inform you that I had an awesome childhood growing up, was never sexually abused, have never once raised a hand to my husband, and I am currently not abusing any substances.

How exciting for you !

And when that difference is in very specific and an ultimately important way......

Attorneys are not discriminated against cuze they can't perform brain surgery

And when that difference is in very specific and an ultimately important way......

Attorneys are not discriminated against cuze they can't perform brain surgery

Will if it must be true for doctors and attorneys then it must true for gay marriage as well.

Good Lord, think Man

Oh my.

I answered you in the thread you asked it. Can't keep up "Pops"?

Gays Speak Against Gays Adopting Politics Not Reported. US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Oh my.

How exciting for you !

Birth control is not a difference between gay and straight couples, as we've already pointed out. Some lesbians take birth control, gay men certainly use condoms and many, many, many straight couples don't use birth control without having to worry about getting pregnant. That argument has failed, try another. There are no differences between straight and gay couples either with children or without.

Except that heterosexuals when preying on children are denounced by their culture and we do not hold "hetero pride parades" where we invite and hope children of all ages will be attending to see soberly-done lewd sex acts performed on floats with bright primary colors for their enticement.

ALL adult predators are denounced by our society: go tell your lie elsewhere.

Forum List

Back