Are gag orders constitutional?

If I threaten to beat your ass, and there are witnesses, and the threat seems credible, I get arrested.

Did you see the link I posted? It explained it.
It’s does not explain it
You are a ridiculous child to Feel that
1.Witnesses make a difference
2. There is an agency to handle you and your witnesses demand for arrest over a verbal utterance , your “threat” , that does not materialize into physical action
3. What you feel “threatened” about may in fact arise from an illegality you are engaging in and being warned to cease.
4. A verbal directive you get all weak kneed over is your feeling and we are not quite to thought nor feeling police yet
5. Stop presenting what you wish for as existent fact.

Naw, that ain't how it happens at all. Not even fking close. You livin in the wrong country bro. Threats are made all the fking time around the town. hilarious on you though.

bTW, If you approach me with a knife and I threaten you, I think you with the knife is the threat. Me saying I will kick your ass if you come at me isn't a crime.

And if I don't have a knife?

And yes, that is how it works.

It’s does not explain it
2. There is an agency to handle you and your witnesses demand for arrest over a verbal utterance , your “threat” , that does not materialize into physical action
3. What you feel “threatened” about may in fact arise from an illegality you are engaging in and being warned to cease.
4. A verbal directive you get all weak kneed over is your feeling and we are not quite to thought nor feeling police yet

I posted a link explaining that criminal threat are, in fact, illegal.

I have argued it enough with jc. The info is there if you want. I am not arguing it anymore.

The main fact is that there are exceptions to the 1st amendment's free speech right. That is well known and accepted.

It’s does not explain it

"Criminal Threats: Laws and Penalties​

Making criminal threats comes with serious consequences, even if you didn't plan to carry out the threat.​

By Rebecca Pirius, Attorney
Updated May 26, 2022
A criminal threat occurs when someone threatens to kill or physically harm someone else. In some states, this crime might be referred to as terroristic threats, threats of violence, malicious harassment, menacing, or another term.

Criminal Threats vs. Free Speech
Even though the Constitution guarantees the right of free speech, that right is not an absolute one. The law has long recognized specific limitations when it comes to speech, such as prohibitions against slander and libel. In some situations, speech can even constitute a crime, such as in the case of criminal threats."

I have argued it enough with jc. The info is there if you want. I am not arguing it anymore.

The main fact is that there are exceptions to the 1st amendment's free speech right. That is well known and accepted.
And a threat is not covered as it’s free speech
That link is an extrapolation of what might happen down the line that could lead to an arrest. Nowhere dies it state that verbal admonitions, warnings or “ threats” of consequences is Illegal.

Last edited:
And a threat is not covered as it’s free soeech
That link is an extrapolation of what might happen down the line that could lead to an arrest. Nowhere dies it state that verbal admonitions, warnings or “ threats” of consequences is Illegal.

"Making criminal threats comes with serious consequences, even if you didn't plan to carry out the threat."​

And a threat is not covered as it’s free soeech

Look, it boils down to whether or not you think the free speech right, listed in the 1st amendment, is absolute and inviolate. In other words, there is nothing you can say that is illegal.

If you believe that, I can't help you.

If you do not believe that, then we have nothing to argue about.

"Criminal Threats: Laws and Penalties​

Making criminal threats comes with serious consequences, even if you didn't plan to carry out the threat.​

By Rebecca Pirius, Attorney
Updated May 26, 2022
A criminal threat occurs when someone threatens to kill or physically harm someone else. In some states, this crime might be referred to as terroristic threats, threats of violence, malicious harassment, menacing, or another term.

Criminal Threats vs. Free Speech
Even though the Constitution guarantees the right of free speech, that right is not an absolute one. The law has long recognized specific limitations when it comes to speech, such as prohibitions against slander and libel. In some situations, speech can even constitute a crime, such as in the case of criminal threats."
Very nebulous and a “what if” opinion
Also creates its own category of “criminal threat” vs “threat” but does not get into what creates the criminal aspect. We know it’s not the self fulfilling prophecy if “its criminal because it IS a threat”
The nice lady attorney has rendered her opinion and created her own very special category of speech that she feels is “criminally threatening”. No such status legally exists.

Very nebulous and a “what if” opinion
Also creates its own category of “criminal threat” vs “threat” but does not get into what creates the criminal aspect. We know it’s not the self fulfilling prophecy if “its criminal because it IS a threat”
The nice lady attorney has rendered her opinion and created her own very special category of speech that she feels is “criminally threatening”. No such status legally exists.

So your claim is that you can threaten the life of someone, and there are no consequences?

Done with your misinformation
Go back to extolling the virtues of Hamas. You are better at that

That is a flat out lie. I have never "extolled the virtues of Hamas". Perhaps you are projecting?

And I have no posted misinformation. As I said, unless you think free speech is absolute, there is no argument. Gag orders are legal and constitutional.

You didn’t define criminal! One doesn’t get to say any threat is criminal without a law. Still waiting

Naw, that ain't how it happens at all. Not even fking close. You livin in the wrong country bro. Threats are made all the fking time around the town. hilarious on you though.

bTW, If you approach me with a knife and I threaten you, I think you with the knife is the threat. Me saying I will kick your ass if you come at me isn't a crime.

A threat to someone’s life or we’ll being is a criminal threat you jackass
Not always.

“Put up your hands or I’ll shoot” means different things coming from an armed robber and a responding police officer, for example. “Threat” is found in the former, not in the latter.

Not always.

“Put up your hands or I’ll shoot” means different things coming from an armed robber and a responding police officer, for example. “Threat” is found in the former, not in the latter.
See the post above yours. I guess you missed it

See the post above yours. I guess you missed it
You’re wrong. “Threat” has an actual meaning.

You tend to ignore actual definitions.

A robber makes the threat in order to illegally coerce you to relinquish a right you have (like the right to keep your own cash or possessions). A responding cop uses the same phrase without any illegality involved.

The simple point is that the right to free speech, guaranteed in the 1st amendment, is not inviolate.

Once that is determined, the only thing left is what speech IS protected. A gag order comes from a judge and is used to protect the trial and the rights of the people involved.

Don't you think, if it was unconstitutional, someone would have fought it to the SCOTUS?

Still doesn’t make a threat a crime. Only if one follows through. Sticks and stones you know. Are you weak minded Karen?
Weak minded pearl clutching couch fainting Karens have found a way to beat their puny fists on thinkers chests via the internet .
The outcome of a threat is likely illegal. The issuance of one absolutely is not.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back