Zone1 Are Jews the choosen people of God?

Because in post #190 you said, "Everyone can be redeemed, eventually."

Everyone is already redeemed through the body and blood of Christ. So I assumed you meant salvation instead.
Not all are redeemed, which only happens when the body and blood of Christ is accepted as atonement for our sins. We must confess and repent. God stands ready to apply the blood of Christ upon confession and repentance.

I always understood traditional catholic/orthodox/lutheran(?) theology to say that jews were once choosen, but they killed christ, so the blood of christ "is upon them and their children" and the choosen people or the people of God are not by circumisation anymore but by faith in Christ "in christ we are one, be it woman or man or slave or free or jew or greek" i think the choosen is the church now. But I think even the catholic church made adjustments, giving again more credit to christian zionism and such, that jews are still choosen people. I think the first pope say that was pope john paul the second, he apologised to jews as first pope and declared jews are still choosen people, i think the catholic church didnt fully broke with their traditional doctrine, but this where they made compromises.

Your new avatar is going to get bdtex excited.

lol

Not all are redeemed, which only happens when the body and blood of Christ is accepted as atonement for our sins. We must confess and repent. God stands ready to apply the blood of Christ upon confession and repentance.
If that is your concept of redemption then what is your concept of salvation? How is redemption different from salvation?

Because I explained how each are different. Can you?

If that is your concept of redemption then what is your concept of salvation? How is redemption different from salvation?

Because I explained how each are different. Can you?
Salvation or 'saved' is the 'state of grace' that Christians enjoy after being redeemed. It has more to do with ongoing conversion than initial repentance.

Salvation or 'saved' is the 'state of grace' that Christians enjoy after being redeemed. It has more to do with ongoing conversion than initial repentance.
But you said not all are redeemed, right? So if all that are redeemed are saved then it means the exact same thing to you.

Are you suggesting that someone who is redeemed is at some kind of risk of losing it? Because why would they need ongoing conversion if they were already redeemed?

PLEASE tell us what the Jewish people did 2,000 years and what they are “ still doing “
The Jews were in rebellion against God regarding their ongoing war with Rome, and still are by rejecting Jesus Christ as messiah. Study Ezekiel 5 as well.

But you said not all are redeemed, right? So if all that are redeemed are saved then it means the exact same thing to you.
Repentance and conversion aren't the same thing. Because one is drafted into the NFL doesn't mean they're going into the Hall of Fame.

Are you suggesting that someone who is redeemed is at some kind of risk of losing it? Because why would they need ongoing conversion if they were already redeemed?
The parable of the Sower seems to suggest this.

Last edited:
They will deny they're chosen but they really do believe they are. That's heady stuff so it's hard to reject.

Repentance and conversion aren't the same thing. Because one is drafted into the NFL doesn't mean they're going into the Hall of Fame.
I agree. We are redeemed through the body and blood of Christ. It is a free gift. Everyone has it. Salvation is something to be worked out by each person.

I'm still not sure what your distinction is between the two though.

it must be a lead into - something ...

as in an indifference for what harm they may cause to others not being their concern.

No idea what you like to say. Is it: "To go to hell is okay as long as to go step by step to hell with a good feeling"?

Forum List

Back