Are These Reasonable Regulations of Guns? or Harassment of Gun Owners?

The second amendment supports registering guns

:lol:

Fucking liar.

How else can we well regulate our militias?
Well Regulated
In working order as to be expected.
The Government is not well regulated.

How can our well regulated militias be in good working order if we don’t know who is in the militia and what guns they have?

Constitution says we should train gun owners and know what kind of weapons they have. It is necessary to the security of a free state

After the formation of the Nation, the States created Armories and scattered them throughout their state. Many citizens didn't own guns anymore. The threat was removed that they once needed them was gone. Almost any town or city had an Armory where the Organized Militia could gather and arm up when called on to do so. And it happened more times than one would think for a lot of reasons. But, mostly, the Organized Militia was called on for Local and State Emergencies like Floods, fires, etc.. Along with those working the humanitarian duties, some were armed to protect the other militias, keep order, etc.. Or they might be armed up to do strike breaking (not our finest hour). And yes, the Militia would fire on the population and often times did by order of the Governor (see the strike breaking in Leadville, Colorado 1897). I see where many call the early guards National Guards but the National Guards weren't invented until 1898 and finalized in 1916/17. Today, there is some legal problems with calling a unit a Guard Unit unless it's a National Guard Unit. But some states have State Militias like Texas and others (like California) have SDF or State Defense Forces. Most states don't have Organized Militias though but a Governor can form one on a whim.

Like the needing of the Armories, times change. We no longer need the armories so much. But they do exist. For instance, in Texas, the State Militia is made up of almost every Law Enforcement, Fire Fighter, Emergency Person and a lot of others. Not all keep weapons so Texas has Armories that they can issue firearms from when needed. So the Armory isn't dead, it's just not needed in MOST states due to the lack of them having a Regulated Militia. But if one is formed, they will also need to form an Armory.

Armories are from MY childhood before they were turned into Gyms, Carpet Sales Stores and eventually torn down.

It doesn't need to have Registered Guns to regulate a Militia. A Regulated Militia is not a weapon, it's people. It's the difference between a Posse and a Lynch Mob.

Well Daryl, when they gather a Posse to hunt down illegal gun grabbers you better dawn your Gilly Suit. Some of those posses in the past have actually lynched folks. All condoned by the local 'Governor.' A lot of those lynched were 'Indians' (Native Americans) who were 'legally' disarmed by the 'Governor'...........by LAW!!!!

I used the Leadville Strike as an example. Not our finest hour. Up until 1946, Governors did use the Guards like their own personal police force. But that ended with Truman. When the GE Appliance Workers demanded what they were promised for working so under paid during the war and went on strike, GE demanded that the National Guard to be sent in and to break the Strike. It was over a multi state area. They demanded Truman send in the Guards. Truman told them to go pound sand. And let them know if any of the Governors were to try that he would Nationalize the National Guard to protect the strikers. Now, that was one of our Finest Hours.

Fucking liar.

After the formation of the Nation, the States created Armories and scattered them throughout their state. Many citizens didn't own guns anymore. The threat was removed that they once needed them was gone. Almost any town or city had an Armory where the Organized Militia could gather and arm up when called on to do so. And it happened more times than one would think for a lot of reasons. But, mostly, the Organized Militia was called on for Local and State Emergencies like Floods, fires, etc.. Along with those working the humanitarian duties, some were armed to protect the other militias, keep order, etc.. Or they might be armed up to do strike breaking (not our finest hour). And yes, the Militia would fire on the population and often times did by order of the Governor (see the strike breaking in Leadville, Colorado 1897). I see where many call the early guards National Guards but the National Guards weren't invented until 1898 and finalized in 1916/17. Today, there is some legal problems with calling a unit a Guard Unit unless it's a National Guard Unit. But some states have State Militias like Texas and others (like California) have SDF or State Defense Forces. Most states don't have Organized Militias though but a Governor can form one on a whim.

Like the needing of the Armories, times change. We no longer need the armories so much. But they do exist. For instance, in Texas, the State Militia is made up of almost every Law Enforcement, Fire Fighter, Emergency Person and a lot of others. Not all keep weapons so Texas has Armories that they can issue firearms from when needed. So the Armory isn't dead, it's just not needed in MOST states due to the lack of them having a Regulated Militia. But if one is formed, they will also need to form an Armory.

Armories are from MY childhood before they were turned into Gyms, Carpet Sales Stores and eventually torn down.[/QUOTE]

Daryl. Im gonna call major bullshit on that unless you can provide a substantial link. Never seen it, never heard of it.

I'm also betting all patriots said Fuh this, an still kept their weapons.

I'm 65, never heard of an armory where Civies kept their weapons. Why would they? Trust the govt? Yeah OK

Remember, kids, people who want the maximum amount of personal liberty for all citizens are fascists.

According to some retarded Marxist on the internet.
Killing 30,000 people a year is not personal liberty
Maybe you guys could practice by, say, taking guns away from criminals.

Hop to it.
Works for me

I support background checks...

Sensible gun control
Background checks only work if the vendor submits the paperwork.

Do you think people who illegally sell guns do that?

Are you that fucking stupid?

Hint: Yes. Yes, you are.

That is why we need traceability of guns from cradle to grave

That way, when Dave man sells his gun to a criminal, we know where it came from
I repeat:

Maybe you guys could practice by, say, taking guns away from criminals.

Hop to it.
Works for me

I support background checks...

Sensible gun control
Background checks only work if the vendor submits the paperwork.

That is why we need traceability of guns from cradle to grave

That way, when Dave man sells his gun to a criminal, we know where it came from
when a car is sold to a habitual drunk and they drive the car drunk and kill someone you'll never call for a ban on cars or want to trace it back to the original owner why?
Because no one ever resisted leftist tyranny with a car.

And that's what this is all about: Making it impossible to resist leftist tyranny.

If the government tells you you don't need a gun -- you need a gun.

Fucking liar.

Well Regulated

How can our well regulated militias be in good working order if we don’t know who is in the militia and what guns they have?

Constitution says we should train gun owners and know what kind of weapons they have. It is necessary to the security of a free state
Are you completely incapable of telling the truth?

:rofl:

You Communists always have the delusion that the military will join you in overthrowing the Constitution of the United States. When the time comes, and it will be soon, you will find out dramatically and fatally, otherwise. You see Comrade, most in the military take the oath they swore to defend the Constitution you so bitterly hate, seriously.

The Military won't assist either side. What they will do is protect the Constitution. I took an oath to do that 5 times and no one relieved me of that oath. What you demand is for me to do is to forgo that oath. Not going to happen. And I expect the Military won't either. So you can forget about your little "Revolution". Doing it will be criminal in action and the Military won't be involved in stopping it. It's going to be the Law Enforcement that puts and end to it.

Law enforcement in Virginia is indeed supporting the Constitution.

List of Second Amendment sanctuaries in Virginia and where it’s being discussed

Northam has threatened to use the Military against law enforcement to enforce his illegal and unconstitutional mandates.

I agree that the military will refuse to support Northam and the Communist party.

The National Guard has two functions. They are the Military when Federalized. But when they are not, they are an asset of the Governor. What the Governor can do is use them to maintain Peace. He can us his State Police for the heavy lifting with the National Guard present to ensure shots are not fired. But I suggest the locals not fire on the State Police. It could get very messy very quickly.
You got aroused when the ChiComs killed protesters in Tianamen Square, didn't you?

I got angry. But there is nothing that I nor you could do about it. We change the things we can.
And your grand idea is to make America as oppressive as Communist China.

Dumbass.

Fucking liar.

Well Regulated

You hit the nail on his head.

This is the most recalcitrant liar on the board....starting with its avi.

Fucking liar.

Armories are from MY childhood before they were turned into Gyms, Carpet Sales Stores and eventually torn down.

Daryl. Im gonna call major bullshit on that unless you can provide a substantial link. Never seen it, never heard of it.

I'm 65, never heard of an armory where Civies kept their weapons. Why would they? Trust the govt? Yeah OK[/QUOTE]

Here is a building I am very familiar with. I actually worked there when it was a carpet shop. But it's been many things including used as a community center for dances and community meetings. I am surprised that there isn't more information available on it. It's a piece of history that still stands today.

State Armory Building in Delta

Closed and boarded up, this building was constructed as a state armory. Although not a large builkding, the style intrigues me as I found the building quite attractive. Delta, Colorado.

cfiles1219.jpg

A complete and accurate description of you Stalinists, wouldn't you agree.

Hey, just because you're waging civil war against the United States for the express purpose of destroying the Constitution and enslaving the populace under a brutal Marxist dictatorship is no reason to call you thugs, right?

Don't you mean the way you are waging war against the United States for the express purpose of destroying the Constitution and enslaving the populace under brutal Extreme Fascist Mussolini Dictatorship (circa 1939)?

The only ones promoting fascism are you Marxists. Who is in this thread seeking to end the Bill of Rights? Not I, nor any American, just you Communists.

Fascists are right wing and always have been. You really need to get educated. If you mean Marxists, call it Marxist. Fascism is the exact opposite of a Marxist. I know you won't read this but here is one of the best write ups I have ever seen by some very learned people.

What Is Fascism? | Live Science

Here is some bullet points. And you do full
A complete and accurate description of you Stalinists, wouldn't you agree.

Hey, just because you're waging civil war against the United States for the express purpose of destroying the Constitution and enslaving the populace under a brutal Marxist dictatorship is no reason to call you thugs, right?

Don't you mean the way you are waging war against the United States for the express purpose of destroying the Constitution and enslaving the populace under brutal Extreme Fascist Mussolini Dictatorship (circa 1939)?

The only ones promoting fascism are you Marxists. Who is in this thread seeking to end the Bill of Rights? Not I, nor any American, just you Communists.

You really need to get an education. Here is a very good write up of what Fascism is .

I know you won't read it since it won't agree with your cornball way of thinking (And Rush doesn't want you to) so I will just add a few bullet points of what it takes to be a Fascist. This is from Paxton's "The Five Stages of Fascism" dated 1998 and also from his book 2005 "The Anatomy of Fascism".

1. The primacy of the group. Supporting the group feels more important than maintaining either individual or universal rights.
  2. Believing that one's group is a victim. This justifies any behavior against the group's enemies.
  3. The belief that individualism and liberalism enable dangerous decadence and have a negative effect on the group.
  4. A strong sense of community or brotherhood. This brotherhood's "unity and purity are forged by common conviction, if possible, or by exclusionary violence if necessary."
  5. Individual self-esteem is tied up in the grandeur of the group. Paxton called this an "enhanced sense of identity and belonging."
  6. Extreme support of a "natural" leader, who is always male. This results in one man taking on the role of national savior.
  7. "The beauty of violence and of will, when they are devoted to the group's success in a Darwinian struggle," Paxton wrote. The idea of a naturally superior group or, especially in Hitler's case, biological racism, fits into a fascist interpretation of Darwinism.
Once in power, "fascist dictatorships suppressed individual liberties, imprisoned opponents, forbade strikes, authorized unlimited police power in the name of national unity and revival, and committed military aggression," Paxton wrote.

Looks s to me it sums up the Party of the Rump pretty well.
But you're a Marxist, so you're automatically a dumbass.

So you ran out of comebacks because you got shot out of the water so you just resort to insults. Fine. You lost like you should have. Get over it and move on. Pick another subject.
You're a totalitarian. The exact flavor is immaterial.

In the end, I support individual liberties.

You do not.

Dumbass.

Fascists are right wing and always have been. You really need to get educated. If you mean Marxists, call it Marxist. Fascism is the exact opposite of a Marxist. I know you won't read this but here is one of the best write ups I have ever seen by some very learned people.

You really need to get an education. Here is a very good write up of what Fascism is .

I know you won't read it since it won't agree with your cornball way of thinking (And Rush doesn't want you to) so I will just add a few bullet points of what it takes to be a Fascist. This is from Paxton's "The Five Stages of Fascism" dated 1998 and also from his book 2005 "The Anatomy of Fascism".

1. The primacy of the group. Supporting the group feels more important than maintaining either individual or universal rights.
  2. Believing that one's group is a victim. This justifies any behavior against the group's enemies.
  3. The belief that individualism and liberalism enable dangerous decadence and have a negative effect on the group.
  4. A strong sense of community or brotherhood. This brotherhood's "unity and purity are forged by common conviction, if possible, or by exclusionary violence if necessary."
  5. Individual self-esteem is tied up in the grandeur of the group. Paxton called this an "enhanced sense of identity and belonging."
  6. Extreme support of a "natural" leader, who is always male. This results in one man taking on the role of national savior.
  7. "The beauty of violence and of will, when they are devoted to the group's success in a Darwinian struggle," Paxton wrote. The idea of a naturally superior group or, especially in Hitler's case, biological racism, fits into a fascist interpretation of Darwinism.
Once in power, "fascist dictatorships suppressed individual liberties, imprisoned opponents, forbade strikes, authorized unlimited police power in the name of national unity and revival, and committed military aggression," Paxton wrote.

Ah, the big lie, how very clever.

Tell me Comrade; If we take a system where the state has absolute control of the means of production using central planning to determine what products are produced and what price they are sold for, where an authoritarian state rules under dictatorship of either a single man or a group of rulers, where the rights of individuals are subverted to the privilege of groups, where individualism in general is oppressed in favor of the collective, where any competing political or economic ideas are suppressed by the state, where the press is controlled by the state or the party and operates to further the agenda of the rulers, where speech against the state or collectivism in general is a criminal offense; how does this substantially differ from the Marxism you promote?

Wow, you actually described Marxism pretty well. And you also pointed out why it can't exist. One person or a small group of people just can't control something as large as the United States Economically or it's Government. So I doubt if we have too many real Marxists in USMB at this time. You are just playing "Hey, look over there".

But, by definition, you ARE a Fascist.
Remember, kids, people who want the maximum amount of personal liberty for all citizens are fascists.

Yet you would deny me of my rights in the process. Funny how it works that way. Ah, the Jim Crowe Days or Yore.
Which rights would I deny you, and where did I say I wanted to?

DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY: You have to use things I've actually said.

Good luck, dumbass.

These are the new anti-gun laws that the Virginia Dimocrats are set to pass ASAP.

Here's the List of Bills Anti-Gunners Plan to Enact in Virginia - GunsAmerica Digest

The list from local news affiliate WSET:

• Legislation requiring background checks on all firearms sales and transactions. The bill mandates that any person selling, renting, trading, or transferring a firearm must first obtain the results of a background check before completing the transaction.
  • Legislation banning dangerous weapons. This will include bans on assault weapons, high-capacity magazines, bump stocks and silencers.
  • Legislation to reinstate Virginia’s successful law allowing only one handgun purchase within a 30-day period.
  • Legislation requiring that lost and stolen firearms be reported to law enforcement within 24 hours.
  • Legislation creating an Extreme Risk Protective Order, allowing law enforcement and the courts to temporarily separate a person from firearms if the person exhibits dangerous behavior that presents an immediate threat to self or others.
  • Legislation prohibiting all individuals subject to final protective orders from possessing firearms. The bill expands Virginia law which
  • prohibits individuals subject to final protective orders of family abuse from possessing firearms.
  • Legislation enhancing the punishment for allowing access to loaded, unsecured firearm by a child from a Class 3 Misdemeanor to a Class 6 felony. The bill also raises the age of the child from 14 to 18.
  • Legislation enabling localities to enact any firearms ordinances that are stricter than state law. This includes regulating firearm's in municipal buildings, libraries and at permitted events.
The reason the proposed Virginia Bills are not reasonable is because the Second Amendment was put in place so that your average citizens could form regulated militias that would be an effective deterrence to a tyrannical government whether foreign...or..."domestic." Thus, such weapons would be small arms that would be an actual deterrence. Semi-automatic firearms in the hands of millions of citizens would be such a deterrence.

You used the proper term, Regulated Militias. A Regulated Militia even back then was done by the Governor. Not by some hillbilly named Joe Bob unless your Governor was named Joe Bob. The "So Called" Unregulated Militia is just a bunch of people dressed in pickle suits running around the woods with guns. If they decide to take the law into their own hands then it's now called a Mob.
The bill of rights is not a protection for the states

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Statists can't understand that.

When we are invaded by Mexico, we need our gun owners to protect us from the Mexican hordes

How can they form well regulated militias if nobody knows who they are and what weapons they have?
Register all gun owners and their weapons.....our security as a free state depends on it

We have a Military dufus. And frankly, the 2nd amendment protects me from gun grabbers like you.

And the Law protects me from gunnutters like you.
No, people's unwillingness to kill you with their legally-owned firearms protects you.

Criminals don't obey the law. Responsible citizens do.

But you'd rather disarm responsible citizens than criminals.

Fucking liar.

Well Regulated

I think it's time to clean up the gene pool. Have a nice day.

Ah, the big lie, how very clever.

Tell me Comrade; If we take a system where the state has absolute control of the means of production using central planning to determine what products are produced and what price they are sold for, where an authoritarian state rules under dictatorship of either a single man or a group of rulers, where the rights of individuals are subverted to the privilege of groups, where individualism in general is oppressed in favor of the collective, where any competing political or economic ideas are suppressed by the state, where the press is controlled by the state or the party and operates to further the agenda of the rulers, where speech against the state or collectivism in general is a criminal offense; how does this substantially differ from the Marxism you promote?

Wow, you actually described Marxism pretty well. And you also pointed out why it can't exist. One person or a small group of people just can't control something as large as the United States Economically or it's Government. So I doubt if we have too many real Marxists in USMB at this time. You are just playing "Hey, look over there".

But, by definition, you ARE a Fascist.

rightwinger, the genie is out of the bottle and you aren't going to put it back in. I know you want all guns rounded up and disposed of but it just won't happen. So we do common sense gun regulations to minimize the body count. Harping that we all should turn in our firearms doesn't help anymore than fruitcake dave with his fruitcake "Unleash the Dogs of War" routine. So how about stay on point with common sense gun regulations with me and let's present a solid front to these sockos.
What's the matter, Daryl? Crying for help already?

:rofl:

You Communists always have the delusion that the military will join you in overthrowing the Constitution of the United States. When the time comes, and it will be soon, you will find out dramatically and fatally, otherwise. You see Comrade, most in the military take the oath they swore to defend the Constitution you so bitterly hate, seriously.

Tell me, Comrade, just how many years did you invest in the Military. And in what Country. I invested over 20 years in the United States Military. You always treat Career Veterans this poorly when they disagree with you? I am part of a small percentage of American Patriots and we each one have our own ideas and we don't have anyone dictating what those ideals are. They are our individual ideals. What you are demanding of us is that we toe the mark that YOU have set. If that's not totalitarian I don't know what is. Fascism can be a good thing like Franco had but you are pulling a 1939 Mussolini version and that was a sickness. No wonder you worship Rump.
20 years, USAF. You can put your VA card away now, Comrade.

Again, if this were true, you should know better. If you ARE part of this very exclusive club, you should treat other Club Members much better than you do. Stop drinking the Orange Koolaid and rejoin our exclusive club and treat others in the club with more respect.
Oh, you whiny bitch. You want respect? Then earn it. Shitting on the Constitution is no way to earn respect.

Nice bullet point but you don't show any substance. I can say anything I want without qualifying it as well. Like, "You dress up in womens clothing and attend Barn Burnings while wearing a White Sheet and a White Hood". While there is a chance that may be true, it might not be.
But I'm not demanding your respect, Skippy. You're demanding mine.

Stop shitting on the Constitution you claim to have served, and I'll consider it.

These are the new anti-gun laws that the Virginia Dimocrats are set to pass ASAP.

Here's the List of Bills Anti-Gunners Plan to Enact in Virginia - GunsAmerica Digest

The list from local news affiliate WSET:

• Legislation requiring background checks on all firearms sales and transactions. The bill mandates that any person selling, renting, trading, or transferring a firearm must first obtain the results of a background check before completing the transaction.
  • Legislation banning dangerous weapons. This will include bans on assault weapons, high-capacity magazines, bump stocks and silencers.
  • Legislation to reinstate Virginia’s successful law allowing only one handgun purchase within a 30-day period.
  • Legislation requiring that lost and stolen firearms be reported to law enforcement within 24 hours.
  • Legislation creating an Extreme Risk Protective Order, allowing law enforcement and the courts to temporarily separate a person from firearms if the person exhibits dangerous behavior that presents an immediate threat to self or others.
  • Legislation prohibiting all individuals subject to final protective orders from possessing firearms. The bill expands Virginia law which
  • prohibits individuals subject to final protective orders of family abuse from possessing firearms.
  • Legislation enhancing the punishment for allowing access to loaded, unsecured firearm by a child from a Class 3 Misdemeanor to a Class 6 felony. The bill also raises the age of the child from 14 to 18.
  • Legislation enabling localities to enact any firearms ordinances that are stricter than state law. This includes regulating firearm's in municipal buildings, libraries and at permitted events.
The reason the proposed Virginia Bills are not reasonable is because the Second Amendment was put in place so that your average citizens could form regulated militias that would be an effective deterrence to a tyrannical government whether foreign...or..."domestic." Thus, such weapons would be small arms that would be an actual deterrence. Semi-automatic firearms in the hands of millions of citizens would be such a deterrence.
Well regulated militias were to defend our nation not attack our government
George Washington says you're full of shit.

View attachment 296162

Taken out of context.
Horseshit. You morons want so badly to claim the Founding Fathers would support your totalitarianism, but in truth, you would have informed on them to King George, and they would have shot you.

Fucking liar.

I'm 65, never heard of an armory where Civies kept their weapons. Why would they? Trust the govt? Yeah OK[/QUOTE]

Not all in town Civvies kept weapons. The primary use of weapons after the Indian Wars and the passing of the Wild Wild West was for food gathering. In many households, it came down to food on the table or a gun. Which would you choose. You get to eat on a regular basis if you choose eating food but you only get one meal if you eat a gun.

It's funny, the leftists who insist we should just all roll over and accept their totalitarianism.

As if they wouldn't be put up against the wall by the government they worship as soon as their utility ceased.

You just won an award for putting gun freedom back to the stone age when Ugg decided that only HE should have the club. Here is your award.

You don't have anything to worry about from me. I never said I wanted you disarmed. That's your schtick.

But the totalitarian government you want, whose ass you so passionately lick, wouldn't hesitate a second to but a bullet behind your ear.

I'm the guy who supports freedom here. You don't.

Fucking liar.

I'm 65, never heard of an armory where Civies kept their weapons. Why would they? Trust the govt? Yeah OK

Here is a building I am very familiar with. I actually worked there when it was a carpet shop. But it's been many things including used as a community center for dances and community meetings. I am surprised that there isn't more information available on it. It's a piece of history that still stands today.

Closed and boarded up, this building was constructed as a state armory. Although not a large builkding, the style intrigues me as I found the building quite attractive. Delta, Colorado.

cfiles1219.jpg
[/QUOTE]
That's a photograph. It is not proof that civilians stored their weapons there.

Dismissed.

Forum List

Back