Are These Reasonable Regulations of Guns? or Harassment of Gun Owners?

These are the new anti-gun laws that the Virginia Dimocrats are set to pass ASAP.

Here's the List of Bills Anti-Gunners Plan to Enact in Virginia - GunsAmerica Digest

The list from local news affiliate WSET:

• Legislation requiring background checks on all firearms sales and transactions. The bill mandates that any person selling, renting, trading, or transferring a firearm must first obtain the results of a background check before completing the transaction.
  • Legislation banning dangerous weapons. This will include bans on assault weapons, high-capacity magazines, bump stocks and silencers.
  • Legislation to reinstate Virginia’s successful law allowing only one handgun purchase within a 30-day period.
  • Legislation requiring that lost and stolen firearms be reported to law enforcement within 24 hours.
  • Legislation creating an Extreme Risk Protective Order, allowing law enforcement and the courts to temporarily separate a person from firearms if the person exhibits dangerous behavior that presents an immediate threat to self or others.
  • Legislation prohibiting all individuals subject to final protective orders from possessing firearms. The bill expands Virginia law which currently prohibits individuals subject to final protective orders of family abuse from possessing firearms.
  • Legislation enhancing the punishment for allowing access to loaded, unsecured firearm by a child from a Class 3 Misdemeanor to a Class 6 felony. The bill also raises the age of the child from 14 to 18.
  • Legislation enabling localities to enact any firearms ordinances that are stricter than state law. This includes regulating firearms in municipal buildings, libraries and at permitted events.

The only thing I might change is the number of guns that can be purchased in a 30 day period. I might change that to 2 maybe 3. But, otherwise, these sound pretty common sense.

As for temporarily taking of the firearms of a person on a protection order, that's done by order of a Judge and that is covered under the Constitution. NO person or LE has that right without the express warrant from a Court. it's called "Due Process".

And the use of the words "Assault Rifle" won't stand up in court. That's already been established. That needs to be made more specific. If you are going to ban a specific weapon, spell it out. The term "Ar-15 and AK-47 and their various clones" has been upheld. The term "Assault Rifle" is just too vague.
Red flag laws are an end run around the constitution.

There is no evidence presented no right of the accused to receive counsel in the initial hearing. Hell the accused is not even given notice of the hearing and the verdict can be delivered to the accused by telephone

All this is done with no criminal charges being brought.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The state of Virginia already knows how to reduce gun crimes.

When the politicians and law enforcement had the balls to actively prosecute criminals for gun crimes to full extent of the law by trying all criminals caught illegally possessing a gun or using a gun for federal crimes and sending them to federal prison the city of VA saw a 20% drop in homicide in less than a year

These bullshit laws being passed will not do anything

These are the new anti-gun laws that the Virginia Dimocrats are set to pass ASAP.

Here's the List of Bills Anti-Gunners Plan to Enact in Virginia - GunsAmerica Digest

• Legislation requiring background checks on all firearms sales and transactions. The bill mandates that any person selling, renting, trading, or transferring a firearm must first obtain the results of a background check before completing the transaction.
  • Legislation banning dangerous weapons. This will include bans on assault weapons, high-capacity magazines, bump stocks and silencers.
  • Legislation to reinstate Virginia’s successful law allowing only one handgun purchase within a 30-day period.
  • Legislation requiring that lost and stolen firearms be reported to law enforcement within 24 hours.
  • Legislation creating an Extreme Risk Protective Order, allowing law enforcement and the courts to temporarily separate a person from firearms if the person exhibits dangerous behavior that presents an immediate threat to self or others.
  • Legislation prohibiting all individuals subject to final protective orders from possessing firearms. The bill expands Virginia law which currently prohibits individuals subject to final protective orders of family abuse from possessing firearms.
  • Legislation enhancing the punishment for allowing access to loaded, unsecured firearm by a child from a Class 3 Misdemeanor to a Class 6 felony. The bill also raises the age of the child from 14 to 18.
  • Legislation enabling localities to enact any firearms ordinances that are stricter than state law. This includes regulating firearms in municipal buildings, libraries and at permitted events.

The only thing I might change is the number of guns that can be purchased in a 30 day period. I might change that to 2 maybe 3. But, otherwise, these sound pretty common sense.

As for temporarily taking of the firearms of a person on a protection order, that's done by order of a Judge and that is covered under the Constitution. NO person or LE has that right without the express warrant from a Court. it's called "Due Process".

And the use of the words "Assault Rifle" won't stand up in court. That's already been established. That needs to be made more specific. If you are going to ban a specific weapon, spell it out. The term "Ar-15 and AK-47 and their various clones" has been upheld. The term "Assault Rifle" is just too vague.
Red flag laws are an end run around the constitution.

There is no evidence presented no right of the accused to receive counsel in the initial hearing. Hell the accused is not even given notice of the hearing and the verdict can be delivered to the accused by telephone

All this is done with no criminal charges being brought.

It has nothing to do with public safety because there is no provision for locking up and observation of the person nor are any other potentially dangerous weapons confiscated from them.
Knives, Gas cans, hammers, bats, vehicles.

The second amendment supports registering guns

:lol:

Fucking liar.

How else can we well regulate our militias?
Well Regulated
In working order as to be expected.
The Government is not well regulated.

How can our well regulated militias be in good working order if we don’t know who is in the militia and what guns they have?

Constitution says we should train gun owners and know what kind of weapons they have. It is necessary to the security of a free state

How can our well regulated militias be in good working order if we don’t know who is in the militia and what guns they have?

Constitution says we should train gun owners and know what kind of weapons they have. It is necessary to the security of a free state

Who is we? Were in the Constitution does it say anyone needs to be trained? Hint: Your analogy doesn't count.

[emoji38]

Fucking liar.

Well Regulated

Irrelevant

The constitution clearly states the right to keep and bear arms belongs to the people

Fucking liar.

Well Regulated

You don't need to know the who, what or where all you need to know is that when needed members of the militia are prepared

Who is we? Were in the Constitution does it say anyone needs to be trained? Hint: Your analogy doesn't count.
A well regulated militia, being necessary to a free state...

You got something against freedom buddy?

Fucking liar.

Well Regulated

You don't need to know the who, what or where all you need to know is that when needed members of the militia are prepared
When we are invaded by Mexico, we need our gun owners to protect us from the Mexican hordes

How can they form well regulated militias if nobody knows who they are and what weapons they have?
Register all gun owners and their weapons.....our security as a free state depends on it

Fucking liar.

Well Regulated

When we are invaded by Mexico, we need our gun owners to protect us from the Mexican hordes

How can they form well regulated militias if nobody knows who they are and what weapons they have?
Register all gun owners and their weapons.....our security as a free state depends on it
There is a plan in place can't go into detail with a Mexican horde loving leftist freak. Loose lips and everything

The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not infringed

Where does it say anyone needs to be trained? We already have a well regulated militia we have the U.S. Military which is necessary to a free State. See? If you can have your own analogy so can I.

We have a Military dufus. And frankly, the 2nd amendment protects me from gun grabbers like you.

They will be there to keep the peace. If a person starts firing away, they WILL fire. You know nothing about the Military. These are not Civilians. If no one fires then they will stand at Parade Rest during the whole confrontation. But they WILL return fire when fired on.

:rofl:

You Communists always have the delusion that the military will join you in overthrowing the Constitution of the United States. When the time comes, and it will be soon, you will find out dramatically and fatally, otherwise. You see Comrade, most in the military take the oath they swore to defend the Constitution you so bitterly hate, seriously.

The Military won't assist either side. What they will do is protect the Constitution. I took an oath to do that 5 times and no one relieved me of that oath. What you demand is for me to do is to forgo that oath. Not going to happen. And I expect the Military won't either. So you can forget about your little "Revolution". Doing it will be criminal in action and the Military won't be involved in stopping it. It's going to be the Law Enforcement that puts and end to it.

Law enforcement in Virginia is indeed supporting the Constitution.

List of Second Amendment sanctuaries in Virginia and where it’s being discussed

Northam has threatened to use the Military against law enforcement to enforce his illegal and unconstitutional mandates.

I agree that the military will refuse to support Northam and the Communist party.

The National Guard has two functions. They are the Military when Federalized. But when they are not, they are an asset of the Governor. What the Governor can do is use them to maintain Peace. He can us his State Police for the heavy lifting with the National Guard present to ensure shots are not fired. But I suggest the locals not fire on the State Police. It could get very messy very quickly.
You got aroused when the ChiComs killed protesters in Tianamen Square, didn't you?

I got angry. But there is nothing that I nor you could do about it. We change the things we can.

The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Rights belong to the people not the militia

• Legislation prohibiting all individuals subject to final protective orders from possessing firearms. The bill expands Virginia law which
  • prohibits individuals subject to final protective orders of family abuse from possessing firearms.
  • Legislation enabling localities to enact any firearms ordinances that are stricter than state law. This includes regulating firearm's in municipal buildings, libraries and at permitted events.
The reason the proposed Virginia Bills are not reasonable is because the Second Amendment was put in place so that your average citizens could form regulated militias that would be an effective deterrence to a tyrannical government whether foreign...or..."domestic." Thus, such weapons would be small arms that would be an actual deterrence. Semi-automatic firearms in the hands of millions of citizens would be such a deterrence.

You used the proper term, Regulated Militias. A Regulated Militia even back then was done by the Governor. Not by some hillbilly named Joe Bob unless your Governor was named Joe Bob. The "So Called" Unregulated Militia is just a bunch of people dressed in pickle suits running around the woods with guns. If they decide to take the law into their own hands then it's now called a Mob.

A complete and accurate description of you Stalinists, wouldn't you agree.

Hey, just because you're waging civil war against the United States for the express purpose of destroying the Constitution and enslaving the populace under a brutal Marxist dictatorship is no reason to call you thugs, right?

Don't you mean the way you are waging war against the United States for the express purpose of destroying the Constitution and enslaving the populace under brutal Extreme Fascist Mussolini Dictatorship (circa 1939)?

The only ones promoting fascism are you Marxists. Who is in this thread seeking to end the Bill of Rights? Not I, nor any American, just you Communists.

Fascists are right wing and always have been. You really need to get educated. If you mean Marxists, call it Marxist. Fascism is the exact opposite of a Marxist. I know you won't read this but here is one of the best write ups I have ever seen by some very learned people.

What Is Fascism? | Live Science

Here is some bullet points. And you do full

A complete and accurate description of you Stalinists, wouldn't you agree.

Hey, just because you're waging civil war against the United States for the express purpose of destroying the Constitution and enslaving the populace under a brutal Marxist dictatorship is no reason to call you thugs, right?

Don't you mean the way you are waging war against the United States for the express purpose of destroying the Constitution and enslaving the populace under brutal Extreme Fascist Mussolini Dictatorship (circa 1939)?

The only ones promoting fascism are you Marxists. Who is in this thread seeking to end the Bill of Rights? Not I, nor any American, just you Communists.

You really need to get an education. Here is a very good write up of what Fascism is .

I know you won't read it since it won't agree with your cornball way of thinking (And Rush doesn't want you to) so I will just add a few bullet points of what it takes to be a Fascist. This is from Paxton's "The Five Stages of Fascism" dated 1998 and also from his book 2005 "The Anatomy of Fascism".

1. The primacy of the group. Supporting the group feels more important than maintaining either individual or universal rights.
  2. Believing that one's group is a victim. This justifies any behavior against the group's enemies.
  3. The belief that individualism and liberalism enable dangerous decadence and have a negative effect on the group.
  4. A strong sense of community or brotherhood. This brotherhood's "unity and purity are forged by common conviction, if possible, or by exclusionary violence if necessary."
  5. Individual self-esteem is tied up in the grandeur of the group. Paxton called this an "enhanced sense of identity and belonging."
  6. Extreme support of a "natural" leader, who is always male. This results in one man taking on the role of national savior.
  7. "The beauty of violence and of will, when they are devoted to the group's success in a Darwinian struggle," Paxton wrote. The idea of a naturally superior group or, especially in Hitler's case, biological racism, fits into a fascist interpretation of Darwinism.
Once in power, "fascist dictatorships suppressed individual liberties, imprisoned opponents, forbade strikes, authorized unlimited police power in the name of national unity and revival, and committed military aggression," Paxton wrote.

Looks s to me it sums up the Party of the Rump pretty well.
But you're a Marxist, so you're automatically a dumbass.

So you ran out of comebacks because you got shot out of the water so you just resort to insults. Fine. You lost like you should have. Get over it and move on. Pick another subject.

Fascists are right wing and always have been. You really need to get educated. If you mean Marxists, call it Marxist. Fascism is the exact opposite of a Marxist. I know you won't read this but here is one of the best write ups I have ever seen by some very learned people.

Here is some bullet points. And you do full

You really need to get an education. Here is a very good write up of what Fascism is .

I know you won't read it since it won't agree with your cornball way of thinking (And Rush doesn't want you to) so I will just add a few bullet points of what it takes to be a Fascist. This is from Paxton's "The Five Stages of Fascism" dated 1998 and also from his book 2005 "The Anatomy of Fascism".

1. The primacy of the group. Supporting the group feels more important than maintaining either individual or universal rights.
  2. Believing that one's group is a victim. This justifies any behavior against the group's enemies.
  3. The belief that individualism and liberalism enable dangerous decadence and have a negative effect on the group.
  4. A strong sense of community or brotherhood. This brotherhood's "unity and purity are forged by common conviction, if possible, or by exclusionary violence if necessary."
  5. Individual self-esteem is tied up in the grandeur of the group. Paxton called this an "enhanced sense of identity and belonging."
  6. Extreme support of a "natural" leader, who is always male. This results in one man taking on the role of national savior.
  7. "The beauty of violence and of will, when they are devoted to the group's success in a Darwinian struggle," Paxton wrote. The idea of a naturally superior group or, especially in Hitler's case, biological racism, fits into a fascist interpretation of Darwinism.
Once in power, "fascist dictatorships suppressed individual liberties, imprisoned opponents, forbade strikes, authorized unlimited police power in the name of national unity and revival, and committed military aggression," Paxton wrote.

Looks s to me it sums up the Party of the Rump pretty well.

Ah, the big lie, how very clever.

Tell me Comrade; If we take a system where the state has absolute control of the means of production using central planning to determine what products are produced and what price they are sold for, where an authoritarian state rules under dictatorship of either a single man or a group of rulers, where the rights of individuals are subverted to the privilege of groups, where individualism in general is oppressed in favor of the collective, where any competing political or economic ideas are suppressed by the state, where the press is controlled by the state or the party and operates to further the agenda of the rulers, where speech against the state or collectivism in general is a criminal offense; how does this substantially differ from the Marxism you promote?

Wow, you actually described Marxism pretty well. And you also pointed out why it can't exist. One person or a small group of people just can't control something as large as the United States Economically or it's Government. So I doubt if we have too many real Marxists in USMB at this time. You are just playing "Hey, look over there".

But, by definition, you ARE a Fascist.
Remember, kids, people who want the maximum amount of personal liberty for all citizens are fascists.

According to some retarded Marxist on the internet.

Yet you would deny me of my rights in the process. Funny how it works that way. Ah, the Jim Crowe Days or Yore.

• Legislation prohibiting all individuals subject to final protective orders from possessing firearms. The bill expands Virginia law which
  • prohibits individuals subject to final protective orders of family abuse from possessing firearms.
  • Legislation enabling localities to enact any firearms ordinances that are stricter than state law. This includes regulating firearm's in municipal buildings, libraries and at permitted events.
The reason the proposed Virginia Bills are not reasonable is because the Second Amendment was put in place so that your average citizens could form regulated militias that would be an effective deterrence to a tyrannical government whether foreign...or..."domestic." Thus, such weapons would be small arms that would be an actual deterrence. Semi-automatic firearms in the hands of millions of citizens would be such a deterrence.

You used the proper term, Regulated Militias. A Regulated Militia even back then was done by the Governor. Not by some hillbilly named Joe Bob unless your Governor was named Joe Bob. The "So Called" Unregulated Militia is just a bunch of people dressed in pickle suits running around the woods with guns. If they decide to take the law into their own hands then it's now called a Mob.
The bill of rights is not a protection for the states

Forum List

Back