Are we still a British colony?

Are they selling out to da Joos whom Greene thinks are evil and in control of a space laser making the forest fires?
Sorry, can you please repeat that in one of the known human languages.

I mean I have nothing against the Queen, in fact I have a lot of respect for her as a person, how she truly stayed away from politics and taking sides, didn't stick her nose into things she was supposed to, or make inflammatory or confrontational statements, all of which helped serve as a uniting force for her nation for so many decades.

But last I checked we fought her ancestors and defeated them. And she wasn't a Ghandi or Mother Teresa either, both of which didn't get half the attention she's gotten so far. So then why are we being exposed to non stop media coverage about her passing and her life etc. as if one of our leaders has passed away? It's mystifying. I would understand if you're a UK citizen or a resident, or the US was officially part of the Commonwealth but it's not.
Queen Elizabeth is not who we fought for freedom, that was King George III.

Elizabeth was a good queen for her country.
Here's a pic from back when Churchill was PM:

iu

Queen Elizabeth is not who we fought for freedom, that was King George III.

Elizabeth was a good queen for her country.
Really? Do you have reading comprehension problems or you think I actually said we fought Queen Elizabeth for independence?! That would make her the first human to be over 200 years old at the time of death.

Really? Do you have reading comprehension problems or you think I actually said we fought Queen Elizabeth for independence?! That would make her the first human to be over 200 years old at the time of death.
Ofc I don't think you said that. You wanna go, motherfucker? I'm your Huckleberry.

The treaty of Paris, in which Great Britain recognized the Independence of the American colonies, specified that all property confiscated by the colonials during the Revolutionary war had to be returned to the British. All States except for 2 complied (I believe Delaware was one of those 2).

The defeat was ultimately so embarrassing for Britain that the British representatives to the Treaty of Paris refused to sit for the portrait commemorating the event. And quietly, perhaps, Britain eventually acknowledged the reasons behind the loss of the colonies in the Durham Report on British North America in 1839, advocating for a form of self-governing in the remaining colonies. Additionally, the resources that had once been put into American could now be diverted to Canada, the Caribbean, Australia, and New Zealand, allowing the British Empire to continue its growth and influence all over the world.

I love British culture, history, and humor, but the coverage of the queen's passing has been ridiculous.

I was sick of the time wasted on this shit by U.S. TV news on day one.

Enough already. The woman was 90 years old and kicked the bucket. Big deal. Plant her, already, and let's get on with today's news - and life.

I love British culture, history, and humor, but the coverage of the queen's passing has been ridiculous.

Enough already. The woman was 90 years old and kicked the bucket. Big deal. Plant her, already, and let's get on with today's news - and life.
Maybe in the US, but anyone who has planted their Grand-Mother knows why we in the Commonwealth want to give the Old Girl a decent sendoff.

Greg

Last edited:

The people want it.

Some Americans have even flown over to London for the event.

Have you seen the length of those queues stretching along the Embankment?

No one forced those people to leave their homes to do that.
Yes; I don't know why the US is showing it though. It's on here muchly as it should be. The Vigil of the Princes (And the Princess) was frankly very moving.

1663145263069.png

Greg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back