Are We Supposed To Harden Walmarts and Grocery Stores, Too?

The fact it still happens proves raising the age doesn't work.
No, it doesn't. I'm not arguing that it will completely stop these kinds of attacks. I'm arguing that it will help reduce their likeliness of happening.

How is that so difficult for you to understand? You're one of those uneducated conservatives, aren't you?

That is the Republican Plan

Harden….

Schools
Supermarkets
WalMarts
Churches
Concerts
Shopping Malls
Movie Theaters
Restaurants
Ball Fields

Anywhere a shooter may pick
Why do shooters always seem to pick places that openly advertise guns are not allowed?

I've been honest this entire thread. It's not up to your classmates, your coworkers, your neighbors to make any determination of your mental health or mine. That would have to be professionally diagnosed, and even that shouldn't take place without a court order. Now if Ramos had a history of psychological problems he was receiving treatment for, then you may have a point. But until you can show me where our founders stated constitutional rights can be stripped away from people based on the "opinion" of fellow Americans, I will hold my stance that every American deserves to have their rights until a judicial process removes them.
There's a mentality among the anti gun nuts that we should do something, anything no matter how draconian or useless just as long as it erodes our rights one bite at a time.

We know from hundreds of incidents involving handguns in schools raising the age for long guns to 21 as well as handguns raising the age can't be shown to make any difference at all.

Maybe it would be easier for you to understand if you weren't so emotional about guns.

It also might help if you weren't an idiot. Try that out.
Stop projecting. We're trying to have a rational, reasonable, logical discussion while you continue an endless emotional rant.

Stop projecting. We're trying to have a rational, reasonable, logical discussion while you continue an endless emotional rant.
You think you're having a rational, reasonable, logical discussion?

Is a child having a rational, reasonable, logical discussion when they throw a hissy-fit temper tantrum about the idea of their toys being taken away?

No, it doesn't. I'm not arguing that it will completely stop these kinds of attacks. I'm arguing that it will help reduce their likeliness of happening.

How is that so difficult for you to understand? You're one of those uneducated conservatives, aren't you?
Yet the actual facts don't support such a claim. You cannot show where raising the age has reduced these types of attacks, in fact, it can be shown that the frequency and intensity of these attacks have only increased since we started putting age limitations on firearms purchases.

Is a child having a rational, reasonable, logical discussion when they throw a hissy-fit temper tantrum about the idea of their toys being taken away?
Stop projecting and making a fool of yourself.

There are no facts that support your argument period.

Okay. You have a child in school. You worry about something like this taking place. Would you rather your child be in a school building with strong security or would you be more comfortable with an unsecured building but people can't legally buy an AR until they are 21? I know which I would choose.

Yet the actual facts don't support such a claim. You cannot show where raising the age has reduced these types of attacks, in fact, it can be shown that the frequency and intensity of these attacks have only increased since we started putting age limitations on firearms purchases.
We can't show any data for or against this claim because we don't know how many such attacks get stopped.

What we do know is that these attacks are increasing, like you said, and I suggest we do something to address that.

Your argument comes down to all the children in the neighborhood having all their toys taken away because one of them hit another child with a toy truck.

We can't show any data for or against this claim because we don't know how many such attacks get stopped.

What we do know is that these attacks are increasing, like you said, and I suggest we do something to address that.
You are making the claim yet there are zero facts or data to support it.

What you suggest is infringing on people's rights on a mere premise it might have an effect with no evidence to support it.

Okay. You have a child in school. You worry about something like this taking place. Would you rather your child be in a school building with strong security or would you be more comfortable with an unsecured building but people can't legally buy an AR until they are 21? I know which I would choose.
Both. I have no problem with armed security.

I don't think armed teachers is an effective idea, but hey, I'm fine with that too.

Both. I have no problem with armed security.

I don't think armed teachers is an effective idea, but hey, I'm fine with that too.
Two things we know stop these types of incidents, a secure campus and an immediate armed response. Nothing you propose can be shown to be effective at all.

Forum List

Back