are you aware that there have been any gays 60 years ago?

because men dress up as women, and are half naked or almost naked

Sounds like Mardi Gras too....btw, not that many half naked men...you are buying into the religious right propaganda. Many families go to and march in Gay Pride Parades these days. Even the military shows up and marches now. And did I mention the churches and church groups that show up and participate?

Read up on my on-the-scene reporting of the 2012 San Diego Gay Pride Parade: http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/235807-gay-pride-san-diego-today.html

maybe because i knew two gays in my whole life and i grew up thinking the heterosexual Family is the standard of how People live. i was a kid and learned that when im grown up i should have a wife and kids. i didnt grew up with gay culture, it is completely foreign to me and if that rainbow Parade where to march in my neighbourhood i would be seriously afraid.

It's manditory? :eek:

Sounds like Mardi Gras too....btw, not that many half naked men...you are buying into the religious right propaganda. Many families go to and march in Gay Pride Parades these days. Even the military shows up and marches now. And did I mention the churches and church groups that show up and participate?

Read up on my on-the-scene reporting of the 2012 San Diego Gay Pride Parade: http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/235807-gay-pride-san-diego-today.html

maybe because i knew two gays in my whole life and i grew up thinking the heterosexual Family is the standard of how People live. i was a kid and learned that when im grown up i should have a wife and kids. i didnt grew up with gay culture, it is completely foreign to me and if that rainbow Parade where to march in my neighbourhood i would be seriously afraid.

It's manditory? :eek:

not really mandatory but the Standard and normal. something to be proud of, and if you dont have it, something to be dissappointed in.

Last edited:
They were around in the 50's, they just weren't flagrant about it. People were either naive enough not to notice, or referred to the 2 guys in the house next door as high school friends or business partners, the 2 women down the block as spinster cousins.

We didn't talk about Mrs. Brown's affair with the butcher, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

It was a completely different society; partly intolerant, partly too embarrassed to mention it. We also took care of certain things without involving authorities.
You never heard about child molesters, but creepy people sometimes just disappeared.

They were around in the 50's, they just weren't flagrant about it. People were either naive enough not to notice, or referred to the 2 guys in the house next door as high school friends or business partners, the 2 women down the block as spinster cousins.

We didn't talk about Mrs. Brown's affair with the butcher, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

It was a completely different society; partly intolerant, partly too embarrassed to mention it. We also took care of certain things without involving authorities.
You never heard about child molesters, but creepy people sometimes just disappeared.

well gays existed but did they exist in the same numbers as now? and how do you know those high School friends were not really just Business Partners?

Archie Bunker once said "We didn't even know we had Colored People until Elanor Roosevelt told us about 'em!"

InquiringMinds, I think you have Archie Bunker Syndrome. Willful ignorance covered with a veneer of intolerance. How is that serving you?

Look at any commercial, advertisement or billboard!!!!!

that is not really flagrant as people fornicating in the streets and practicing oral. yet i think sex is overrated, also heterosexual sex.

My goodness, where are you seeing that!?! :eek:

It was happening at Southern Decadence here in New Orleans.. that's why the city has really clamped down on the festival... it was getting waaaaayyyy out of hand.

that is not really flagrant as people fornicating in the streets and practicing oral. yet i think sex is overrated, also heterosexual sex.

It was happening at Southern Decadence here in New Orleans.. that's why the city has really clamped down on the festival... it was getting waaaaayyyy out of hand.

Well, I know that the Mardi Gras was once a parade of floats, costumes, and some excess drinking and eating. But since this whole gay thing, the streets seemed like an open brothel. fornication begets fornacation and sexual evil moves further and further to the left of simply fun.

Last edited:

Well, I know that the Mardi Gras was once a parade of floats, costumes, and some excess drinking and eating. But since this whole gay thing, the streets seemed like an open brothel. fornication begets fornacation and sexual evil moves further and further to the left of simply fun.

Wait...you are blaming the gays for the direction Mardi Gras has gone?

LOL

Wait...you are blaming the gays for the direction Mardi Gras has gone?

LOL

No, actually I would blame those that allowed such behavior to become the theme of a religious tradition. They should have been asked to leave or behave modestly... One cannot have it both ways. Either one is going to act responsibly or someone else needs assume to responsiblity. Clearly if people are going to act sexually deviate they are not being responsible to those around them nor setting an example of good behavior.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back