Are you free or a slave?

Are you a free person who proveds for yourself, or a slave of government who provides for you?

• I am a slave, for i cant provide for myself.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I am a free person and want to stay that way, because i only rely on myself.

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters
I have been on this site now for over 2 years, and from what I have seen, there are those that want to remain free and rely on themselves to take care of their families and themselves.

There are also a bunch on this site, who seem that they cannot take care of themselves, so need the government to step in and provide them whatever the necessity is to have them survive, all they have to do is vote for those people who keep them alive.

So what is it, are you a free person who provides for yourself, or a slave to the government who owns you as the provider?
Government needs to help those who need helping

It is what great societies do

To some degree everyone needs helping, so yes, but it’s a matter of degree. Now I think the government should provide for people incable of providing for themselves, but I’m against the notion that the government owes everyone a living

Are you comfortable with indigent families in the street?

No, but im also not in favor of providing them with public housing, iphones, flat screens, etc.. The bare bones minimum for people who are able and don't want to work. I'm talking homeless shelters and soup kitchens.

Forum List

Back