Are You Going to Hell?

I dunno. I got smacked quite a bit by them. :)
Which order taught you? I've heard things about The Sisters of Mercy (i.e., they had no mercy), but the two Sisters of Mercy I knew were an absolute delight--and so funny!

I dunno. I got smacked quite a bit by them. :)
Which order taught you? I've heard things about The Sisters of Mercy (i.e., they had no mercy), but the two Sisters of Mercy I knew were an absolute delight--and so funny!
I went to a small Catholic school in first and second grade in a small Texas town. I think there were a total of six classes for twelve grade levels. I don't believe the school exists anymore but the Church is still there. I don't know which order taught there. I was only seven years old at the time. I was what one would call a free spirit at the time. Today they would have medicated me.

I went to a small Catholic school in first and second grade in a small Texas town. I think there were a total of six classes for twelve grade levels. I don't believe the school exists anymore but the Church is still there. I don't know which order taught there. I was only seven years old at the time. I was what one would call a free spirit at the time. Today they would have medicated me.
I would take whacks over medication any day--and twice on Sunday. One thing that brings me to a quick boil is medicating children so they "behave" according to adult wishes. Hey, Jimmy, Jack, John, Jim, Joe! When you have your own kids let them know, even though you're twice their size, you can still see the world through children's eyes.

Christ died for our sins. Dare we make his martyrdom meaningless by not committing them?

-Jules Feiffer
Says someone who hasn't a clue about why Christ died. It was more to the point so that people might know their sins are forgiven.

Well that's nice but our alleged sins are not forgiven.

From my perspective, it's nobler to believe in that which is supported and corroborated, despite how uncomfortable it might be. It's easy to foist it all on the gods who must to be ultimately responsible for everything if you define that they have created everything.

I cannot logically resolve vengeful, vicious gods. "Their" message comes with an underlying threat that is repulsive. They can wash away all sins if they want to. They don't want to. Thus, they permit the eternal condemnation of most christians. If their concern was truly salvation,they would change their behavior to one that really embraces salvation.

If I were "infinitely merciful" there would be no act that could possibly circumvent my infinite mercy. The comparisons to humans don’t ever work, even as an illustration, because theists insist on perfect and ultimate and unlimited gods. Infinite love and mercy should be what it is-- infinite love and mercy. Eternal damnation is a contradiction to those attributes, and there is no way to reconcile gods who establishe amorality as morality.
But there are acts that are unforgivable.

There are acts that are unforgivable to humans. But, I believe that all things are possible through Christ, including forgiveness. However, if you don't have faith, you can't accept that and instead want to "judge" the Lord as if you are God. It is your lack of faith that infects your perspective.

Last edited:
If you believe that God is a prick you will become a prick whether you believe in God or not..
God would rather save kangaroos then save humans drowning. If not a prick, then what?

Last time I checked, humans Were saved. I’m pretty sure both you and I are human
God saved more animals than humans.

God saves 8 humans from the flood. The most He saved of any other animal was 7
So god saved way more animals. And killed a lot of humans.

And yet He still went to them and preached deliverance

So it’s just a total coincidence that a flood myth happens to occur in almost every ancient culture in both sides of the planet?
No, that's not coincidence, as floods happen. There are also serpent and dragon myths in nearly every culture...because snakes are scary. There are also virgin birth myths in nearly every culture, because people were goddamn completely ignorant of nearly everything and prone to believe that nonsense.

The evidence all shows there was no global flood. What do we do with silly, ignorant, iron aged myths when the evidence shows they are false?

We discard them.

God would rather save kangaroos then save humans drowning. If not a prick, then what?

Last time I checked, humans Were saved. I’m pretty sure both you and I are human
God saved more animals than humans.

God saves 8 humans from the flood. The most He saved of any other animal was 7
So god saved way more animals. And killed a lot of humans.

And yet He still went to them and preached deliverance
More like a threat after killing so many people.

No. It was an allegorical account of an actual historical event. Stop reading the Bible like it is a fairy tale. If you perceive God to be some magical fairy tale then everything you see will be skewed to that result. There won't be one single thing that you will agree with or accept. Whereas if you were trying to objectively analyze the evidence for spirit creating the material world you would be more open minded.

The first five books of the Bible (known as the Torah) were written by Moses - an adopted son of the king of Egypt - in approximately 1400 B.C.. These five books focus on the beginning of the nation of Israel; but the first 11 chapters of the Torah records the history that all nations have in common. These allegorical accounts of the history of the world had been passed down from generation to generation orally for thousands of years. Moses did not write the first 11 chapters of the Bible. Moses was the first Hebrew to record them.

Approximately 1500 years before Moses recorded the allegorical accounts of the history of the world. The Chinese recorded this history as symbols in the Chinese language. They drew pictures to express words or ideas. Simple pictures were combined to make more complex thoughts. They used well known history and common everyday things to make a word so people could easily remember it. The account of Genesis found it's way into the Chinese written language because the Chinese had migrated from the cradle of civilization. Prior to this migration they all shared a common history and religion.

The Bible even explains how it was possible for the Chinese to record the account of Genesis 1500 years before Moses recorded it. The account of the Tower of Babel was the allegorical account of the great migration from Mesopotamia. This also explains why all ancient cultures have an account of a great flood. Because they all shared a common history and religion before the great migration from the cradle of civilization.
So when did Adam eat the apple?
That is the allegorical account of man's nature. I'm sure you are well aware of that. Being how smart and all you are, right?
No, it’s a real event. So I hear...
That wasn't the question. The question was given your supreme intellect if you could maybe share ancient man's wisdom that he deemed worthy of passing on for thousands of years by sharing with each generation these accounts.

What was so special about this specific account?
Ancient man didn’t even have toilet paper. Let that sink in for a minute.

And yet those brilliant men laid the foundation for everything we have now

So when did Adam eat the apple?
That is the allegorical account of man's nature. I'm sure you are well aware of that. Being how smart and all you are, right?
No, it’s a real event. So I hear...
That wasn't the question. The question was given your supreme intellect if you could maybe share ancient man's wisdom that he deemed worthy of passing on for thousands of years by sharing with each generation these accounts.

What was so special about this specific account?
Ancient man didn’t even have toilet paper. Let that sink in for a minute.

As humans get smarter they are abandoning organized religions. They might have been helpful back when ignorant humans needed something to explain their surroundings, but not so much anymore.

Haha, here's a useless canard, if ever there was one...we've spent the better part of 2000 years clawing our way out from under their ignorant, magical horseshit....

Joe I am not a Catholic so I am sure I do not have the same beliefs you have or many other Catholics.

Eternal punishment? For the wicked/beastly portions yes. That son of perdition portion that gets put out in time. We all have one in us that must be overcome. No I don't think that makes God insecure at all. God isn't off somewhere in the distance. When you turn your back on God though you put yourself into the position of being absent.

But that's not what the Bible says. If you are good Muslim, Hindu, Atheist, whatever, you are going to Hell. You might be a perfectly good person, but you are still burning in hell for going to the wrong church.

True, it's not something they all say at the Interfaith Pancake Breakfast where they all pretend to like each other.

Jesus Christ dogmatically stated: “I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me” (John 14:6).

The apostle Peter, speaking of Jesus Christ, proclaimed, “Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved” (Acts 4:12). Many other scriptures reinforce this basic principle—you cannot be saved unless the Father calls you and you accept and follow Jesus Christ (John 3:36; 1 Timothy 2:5; 1 John 5:12).
You are right up there with a shitload of the big scholars missing the whole when you ignore the first verse of the 2 chapter describing how the HOSTS of them are complete...... Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

What is a spiritual host?

You bring the point up "your nothing without me"; so here is a consideration for you. If you deny that there is an ultimate omnipresent spirit that made you a living soul made with a breath from God aren't you denying your own existence?

No, I'm pretty sure I exist as a combination of electro-chemical reactions that resulted from 4 billion years of evolution. Which is kind of depressing when you think about it, but still more hopeful than an omnipotent sky fairy who creates people just to torture them.
I have already told you before I don't have a God that just lives in some distant sky area. That is a Babylonian = confusion by mixing.

Forum List

Back