Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona

This is a true tragedy. The shooter I almost certainly going to turn out to be a nutter.

God I hope he was a nutter. Otherwise the fallout on this would be disastrous.

RIP Gabby, and the others who died.

Very sad.

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and six others died after a gunman opened fire at a public event on Saturday, the Pima County, Ariz., sheriff's office confirms. The 40-year-old Democrat was outside a Tucson grocery store when a gunman ran up and began firing indiscriminately. The suspect was taken into police custody.

Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords Shot By Gunman : NPR

NPR clearly isn't very reliable, since at the same time they were insisting Giffords and six others are dead, Sheriff Dupnik AND the hospital reported that she was alive, and gave totally different casualty numbers.

Typical incompetence by the media.

No it's not. There is always confusion in the immediate aftermath of something like this. It's not like the media is in the operating room.

They shouldn't be reporting her condition one way or the other until they have all the information. It's irresponsible for one news organization to say she died and another to say she didn't. They're more concerned about being the first news team to report it than they are about whether or not it's accurate.

Accuracy in the media was sacrificed long ago. Now, it is just being first that matters. However, the media run with what they are told. Someone, somewhere confirmed her death before they should have.

This is exactly why I always wait until we have definite information before I start forming any opinion or bother to speculate about it.

Oh, I agree. But at the same time, someone in Palin's position, with her level of hero-worship among a section of America, should not be posting a map of politicians to be targeted, with gun sights.

Do you agree with that?

Only a lunatic would take that map out of context. I know many of her detractors like to believe that her followers are loons, but reasonable people don't assume that map would trigger normal people to acts of violence. Again, people will not censor themselves for fear of how the mentally unstable might respond.

Exactly. And knowing that there are lunatics in this country, it's irresponsible to use that imagery.

I stand by my last sentence.

RIP Gabby, and the others who died.

Very sad.

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and six others died after a gunman opened fire at a public event on Saturday, the Pima County, Ariz., sheriff's office confirms. The 40-year-old Democrat was outside a Tucson grocery store when a gunman ran up and began firing indiscriminately. The suspect was taken into police custody.

Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords Shot By Gunman : NPR

NPR clearly isn't very reliable, since at the same time they were insisting Giffords and six others are dead, Sheriff Dupnik AND the hospital reported that she was alive, and gave totally different casualty numbers.

They corrected their article as the story developed.

and you dont actually HAVE the facts to LOOK at

Again, if you don't want to discuss the fact that she has been attacked before, be my guest. However, such background information helps paint a bigger picture than wallowing in ignorance like Whitehall was. An ignorant post you thanked him for.

What in the hell are you talking about, attacked before? Living in Giffords' district, I feel certain that such a thing would have been in my local news.

Just saw this on the news. Giffords has been shot along with 3 of her staff members, and now new repor thatt their was 12 who have been shot.
This is totally unaceptable just because you don't agree with someone on politics :evil:
I did not agree with her politics but she is my representive and now SE AZ has no representation.
I hope she will be alright.

People never cease to amaze me with their pettiness.

Horrible to hear...

I had hoped this country had moved past assasination as a way to handle political differences. I hope she and the others pull through

the shooter fired indiscriminantly into the crowd

that doesn't sound like an assassination. More like a rampage or a cartel statement.

Neither gangs nor cartels run up on foot in the middle of a crowd and start shooting wildly. Gangs typically do drive-by shootings, and a cartel, had it wanted to kill her at a public appearance, would have fired from long distance.

It is being reported that the Congresswoman is in surgery in critical condition.

My heartfelt prayers go out to her and her family and to all others and families who were hurt.

I will withhold comment on the lower than slime asshole who did this.

Horrible to hear...

I had hoped this country had moved past assasination as a way to handle political differences. I hope she and the others pull through

the shooter fired indiscriminantly into the crowd

that doesn't sound like an assassination. More like a rampage or a cartel statement.

Neither gangs nor cartels run up on foot in the middle of a crowd and start shooting wildly. Gangs typically do drive-by shootings, and a cartel, had it wanted to kill her at a public appearance, would have fired from long distance.

would you stfu, attention whore? Not only are you posting nonsense you are a distraction.

This brings back WAY too many bad memories of when Bobby was shot, and Reagan was shot. I was alive when JFK was shot, but was just an infant. But I remember Bobby and Reagan's shootings very well.

The feeling is the same -- mind numbing pain.

no, she voted FOR obamacare

This is my point about posting the facts, otherwise you get inaccurate comments like the one you responded to. Others have tried to say she was pro-life as well.

Forum List

Back