Arizona execution goes terribly wrong

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
This could lead to the abolition of executions.

Arizona Execution of Joseph Wood Took Nearly Two Hours - NBC News

An Arizona execution took nearly two hours on Wednesday, and witnesses said he gasped and snorted for well over an hour.

The execution of double-murderer Joseph Wood — which Arizona carried out with a lethal-injection it had never before tried — is certain to fan the debate over how U.S. states carry out the death penalty.

"I've never witnessed an execution that took that long," defense lawyer Dale Baich told NBC News. "The state of Arizona today conducted a failed experiment....It was horrible to watch."
[Video]

They had never tried the drug before so decided to experiment?
No matter what he did, no one deserves to die like that.

I have no sympathy for him. If it took him 2 hours to die, at least he lived 2 hours longer than his murder victims.

Last edited:
So that makes us better than him, how?

talk.gif

They had never tried the drug before so decided to experiment?
No matter what he did, no one deserves to die like that.

His two victims didn't deserve to die either. Sorry. No sympathy for him.

We have done lethal injection before.
Now they have no idea how to do it.
Were states forced to use a different procedure by Libs.
Now it's a disaster by design? So now there is outrage and we need to end it?

No sympathy for this guy but I so don't get this, a vet can put a large dog to sleep in 20 seconds.

Bring in a fucking vet, get out the green shot, and call it a day.

We have done lethal injection before.
Now they have no idea how to do it.
Were states forced to use a different procedure by Libs.
Now it's a disaster by design? So now there is outrage and we need to end it?

More like, other countries that were providing the drugs to do it aren't playing along anymore...

because it's fucking barbaric.

Here are my two problems with the Death Penalty.

Eventually, you are going to get the wrong guy, if you haven't already. 148 people on death row have been let go because someone else did what they were convicted of.

Second, in attempts to keep the first one from happening, ever, we spend a huge amount of money second- guessing and re-examining cases of the 3100 on Death Rows so we can execute 30 or so of them a year.

He suffered for an hour? It sounds to me like that execution went wonderfully right!

The execution did not go wrong. It ended with the desired result. It just took a bit longer.

Bring back the firing squad or hanging. Quick and cheap.

Forum List

Back