Arizona execution goes terribly wrong

Why are unproven mixtures allowed to be used? This is idiocy.

Bring back the chair!
Ya, know, Matthew, I suspect there is something more to these "botched" executions.
Could the executioners be willfully administering these executions with the intention of prolonging the agony of or torturing the subject? After all, a precedent had been set in Ohio's botched execution several months ago using the same chemicals.

A double murder was executed. Sounds like it went terribly right to me.

I have no sympathy for him. If it took him 2 hours to die, at least he lived 2 hours longer than his murder victims.

More like 24 years. It took them that long to carry out the sentence.

This could lead to the abolition of executions.

Arizona Execution of Joseph Wood Took Nearly Two Hours - NBC News

An Arizona execution took nearly two hours on Wednesday, and witnesses said he gasped and snorted for well over an hour.

The execution of double-murderer Joseph Wood — which Arizona carried out with a lethal-injection it had never before tried — is certain to fan the debate over how U.S. states carry out the death penalty.

"I've never witnessed an execution that took that long," defense lawyer Dale Baich told NBC News. "The state of Arizona today conducted a failed experiment....It was horrible to watch."
[Video]

If his victims were my loved ones, I would exact such torture that he would beg for this injection.

If his victims were my loved ones, I would exact such torture that he would beg for this injection.

This is a good point.I wonder how many of the bleeding hearts would kick the merry shit out of any bastard that hurt their families.

Personally, my temper would take over, making an execution less likely to be required.

This could lead to the abolition of executions.

Arizona Execution of Joseph Wood Took Nearly Two Hours - NBC News

An Arizona execution took nearly two hours on Wednesday, and witnesses said he gasped and snorted for well over an hour.

The execution of double-murderer Joseph Wood — which Arizona carried out with a lethal-injection it had never before tried — is certain to fan the debate over how U.S. states carry out the death penalty.

"I've never witnessed an execution that took that long," defense lawyer Dale Baich told NBC News. "The state of Arizona today conducted a failed experiment....It was horrible to watch."
[Video]

If they were mine he wouldn't have made it to the chamber.

The execution did not go wrong. It ended with the desired result. It just took a bit longer.

Bring back the firing squad or hanging. Quick and cheap.

Why not the Guillotine? Makes everyone happy.

It's quick but still fulfills the bloodlust of the folks who just want to kill someone.

Guillotine works too. It's so quick it's painless. If it is gory it is only gory for observers. The executed don't even know.

Maybe we can give them plastic sheeting like they do at a front row of a Gallagher concert.

gallagher5000.jpg

On a serious note, most of the rest of the industrialized world has done away with the death penalty, and they have less crime than we do.

Last edited:
More reason the world looks at us as barbarians

Not only does the state kill people but conservatives celebrate the torture

This is a good point.I wonder how many of the bleeding hearts would kick the merry shit out of any bastard that hurt their families.

Personally, my temper would take over, making an execution less likely to be required.

I'm sure most of us would. But that's not how the justice system is supposed to work.

the problem with the death penalty is that we frequently put the wrong guy on death row.

In Illinois, we had a guy named Ronaldo Cruz who was put on death row after another man named Brian Dugan confessed to the crime. Why did this happen? Because the officials in DuPage County couldn't admit they made a mistake.

I've always believed that the punishment should fit the crime. Whatever gave anyone the idea that being executed was supposed to be fun?

I'm sure most of us would. But that's not how the justice system is supposed to work.

the problem with the death penalty is that we frequently put the wrong guy on death row.

In Illinois, we had a guy named Ronaldo Cruz who was put on death row after another man named Brian Dugan confessed to the crime. Why did this happen? Because the officials in DuPage County couldn't admit they made a mistake.
Was he executed? What happened to him?

Well, after three trials and ten years in custody, they finally let him out of prison.

But here was the thing. Dugan had confessed to the crime before the first time he was convicted.

So you do understand this is wrong, right?

He suffered for an hour? It sounds to me like that execution went wonderfully right!

So this is what America has become...a human rights wasteland?
He suffered for an hour? It sounds to me like that execution went wonderfully right!

The guy was convicted of murder and sentenced to death.

The execution was carried out.

So I fail to see the problem? ... :cool:

I've always believed that the punishment should fit the crime. Whatever gave anyone the idea that being executed was supposed to be fun?

I've always believed that the supposedly-civilised states in the Western world should not have the right to execution-homicide anyone.
They have execution-tortured to death many people, including innocent ones.

Well, after three trials and ten years in custody, they finally let him out of prison.

But here was the thing. Dugan had confessed to the crime before the first time he was convicted.

So you do understand this is wrong, right?
Of course it's wrong. But the system works and your referral was testimony to that effect.

People confess to all kinds of crimes. You are not the only unstable person in the country you know.

It's a shame Dugan will live out his natural live, maybe. The guy could die in custody unnaturally - I hope.

Last edited:

The guy was convicted of murder and sentenced to death.

The execution was carried out.

So I fail to see the problem? ... :cool:

The State killed him.
The State killing people...big problem.
The State is far too fond of killing people...it should have this power taken away.

Forum List

Back