Arizona execution goes terribly wrong

So you're happy for America to join the other human rights wastelands of the world?
Execution-homiciding human beings in death chambers is barbaric.

Communist China
Iran
Indonesia
Singapore
Thailand
Japan
Afghanistan
America

Shame!

what a load of bs

Which part is BS? Care to add some other nations that have a death penalty?

I don't really have a problem capital punishment.

What I am concerned about is the burden of proof for capital cases. IMO the reasonable doubt standard is too lax for death penalty cases.

So you're happy for America to join the other human rights wastelands of the world?
Execution-homiciding human beings in death chambers is barbaric.

Communist China
Iran
Indonesia
Singapore
Thailand
Japan
Afghanistan
America

Shame!

what a load of bs

America is hardly a human rights wasteland

YOU America haters really take the cake

This could lead to the abolition of executions.

Arizona Execution of Joseph Wood Took Nearly Two Hours - NBC News

An Arizona execution took nearly two hours on Wednesday, and witnesses said he gasped and snorted for well over an hour.

The execution of double-murderer Joseph Wood — which Arizona carried out with a lethal-injection it had never before tried — is certain to fan the debate over how U.S. states carry out the death penalty.

"I've never witnessed an execution that took that long," defense lawyer Dale Baich told NBC News. "The state of Arizona today conducted a failed experiment....It was horrible to watch."
[Video]

i love it, that sonofabitch should have gasped and snorted for the rest of the day, he deserved every bit of what he got, are you concerned about the victims and the survivors ? apparently not. fuck him and his family !! :up:

Didn't we hang Saddam Hussein? If it was good enough for him, why not our own citizens?

What I htink is cruel and unusual is spending years on death row. Should get 1 appeal, but if confirmed as guilty you die that afternoon. Gunshot to the head works well. Piece of rope's even cheaper though. And guillotine's have a 100% success rate. :)

We are judged by the company we keep

When you look at the remaining countries that still use the death penalty....it is not very good company

yeah get back to me when we hang folks for being gay

or stone women to death for refusing to cover her hair

When you look at the remaining countries that still use the death penalty....it is not very good company

You guys don't set the bar very high on human rights do you?

the bar is very high here in the United States

for a death sentence to actually happen

Didn't we hang Saddam Hussein? If it was good enough for him, why not our own citizens?

What I htink is cruel and unusual is spending years on death row. Should get 1 appeal, but if confirmed as guilty you die that afternoon. Gunshot to the head works well. Piece of rope's even cheaper though. And guillotine's have a 100% success rate. :)

We didn't hang SH...the Iraq people put him on trial, found him guilty and executed him. The US had nothing to do with it other than capturing the tyrant. That is another thing to thank Bush for!

I'm sure his victims died quite comfortably. :thup:

do you see anything in this amendment that says "except for really nasty criminals"?

[quote[AMENDMENT VIII

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Eighth Amendment | Constitution | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute[/QUOTE]

Executing convicted people is not cruel or unusual.

We should go back to just hanging them. Rope is cheap and can be used multiple times.

We would not have capital punishment in this country if not for the Southern Baptists

He was put to death, he died. Sounds like they just arguing that it needs to be more efficient. Hanging took less time. Electrocution did too. Beheadings, firing squad, etc. all took less time.

It is much higher in the rest of the world. They have banned capital punishment
Don't be obtuse. The death penalty has certainly not been banned in the rest of the world. China, India and Japan have about half of the world's population. They, like the US, represent countries which do not have to cow-toe to those who assume their morality should define that of others, not unlike yourself.

One thing the story doesn't say is whether the couple had sex the day/night of the wife receiving the spreadsheet! She might be a geek that thinks spreadsheets are sexy.

Damn! Posted in the wrong thread.

Last edited:

It is much higher in the rest of the world. They have banned capital punishment
Don't be obtuse. The death penalty has certainly not been banned in the rest of the world. China, India and Japan have about half of the world's population. They, like the US, represent countries which do not have to cow-toe to those who assume their morality should define that of others, not unlike yourself.

All of Europe. the rest of North America, Russia, S Korea, Austrailia have all banned the death penalty

What we usually call the "civilized world"

Why are unproven mixtures allowed to be used? This is idiocy.

Bring back the chair!
Ya, know, Matthew, I suspect there is something more to these "botched" executions.
Could the executioners be willfully administering these executions with the intention of prolonging the agony of or torturing the subject? After all, a precedent had been set in Ohio's botched execution several months ago using the same chemicals.

These ineffective chemicals are used because anti death penalty activists have successfully prevented effective chemicals from being used. The executioners would much rather use effective chemicals. Those are still used for the humane euthanasia of pets.

If anti death penalty advocates think that a prolonged death will serve to end the death penalty, they are sadly mistaken. Bring back the chair, hanging, firing squad, stop the objections to effective and painless chemicals.

One thing the story doesn't say is whether the couple had sex the day/night of the wife receiving the spreadsheet! She might be a geek that thinks spreadsheets are sexy.

Odd response to an execution going wrong:p

Forum List

Back