Arizona execution goes terribly wrong

It is much higher in the rest of the world. They have banned capital punishment
Don't be obtuse. The death penalty has certainly not been banned in the rest of the world. China, India and Japan have about half of the world's population. They, like the US, represent countries which do not have to cow-toe to those who assume their morality should define that of others, not unlike yourself.

All of Europe. the rest of North America, Russia, S Korea, Austrailia have all banned the death penalty

What we usually call the "civilized world"
You think China, India and Japan are uncivilized? They were already civilized when Europeans were living in trees.

Well, you also think Obama is a great president...

One thing the story doesn't say is whether the couple had sex the day/night of the wife receiving the spreadsheet! She might be a geek that thinks spreadsheets are sexy.

Damn! Posted in the wrong thread.

This should had been in the thread about a man sending his wife about excuses for not having sex with him.

Didn't we hang Saddam Hussein? If it was good enough for him, why not our own citizens?

What I htink is cruel and unusual is spending years on death row. Should get 1 appeal, but if confirmed as guilty you die that afternoon. Gunshot to the head works well. Piece of rope's even cheaper though. And guillotine's have a 100% success rate. :)

OMG! Wait, let me go outside.

Nope, the Lord's not out there, yet, but it must be soon, because, I AGREE WITH DELTA'S WHOLE STATEMENT!

I think Hell just froze over!

I'm sure his victims died quite comfortably. :thup:

do you see anything in this amendment that says "except for really nasty criminals"?

[quote[AMENDMENT VIII

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Eighth Amendment | Constitution | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute

Executing convicted people is not cruel or unusual.

We should go back to just hanging them. Rope is cheap and can be used multiple times.[/QUOTE]

If that was an attempt to counter what I stated then you failed miserably.

It is much higher in the rest of the world. They have banned capital punishment
Don't be obtuse. The death penalty has certainly not been banned in the rest of the world. China, India and Japan have about half of the world's population. They, like the US, represent countries which do not have to cow-toe to those who assume their morality should define that of others, not unlike yourself.

All of Europe. the rest of North America, Russia, S Korea, Austrailia have all banned the death penalty

Then please, do us all a favor and move to one of those 'civilized' countries. :lol:

Then please, do us all a favor and move to one of those 'civilized' countries. :lol:

Think that one up yourself?

Tell me what makes you think a person who plans and commits horrific murders and is found guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt deserves to live?

I'm sure his victims died quite comfortably. :thup:

do you see anything in this amendment that says "except for really nasty criminals"?

[quote[AMENDMENT VIII

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Eighth Amendment | Constitution | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute

Where was the intent here? :dunno:

not sure what you mean. sorry. but if you mean does it mean that we don't torture people until they die, then yes.

Last edited:
This could lead to the abolition of executions.

Arizona Execution of Joseph Wood Took Nearly Two Hours - NBC News

An Arizona execution took nearly two hours on Wednesday, and witnesses said he gasped and snorted for well over an hour.

The execution of double-murderer Joseph Wood — which Arizona carried out with a lethal-injection it had never before tried — is certain to fan the debate over how U.S. states carry out the death penalty.

"I've never witnessed an execution that took that long," defense lawyer Dale Baich told NBC News. "The state of Arizona today conducted a failed experiment....It was horrible to watch."
[Video]

Too bad they could not just of hanged him. Would of been quicker.

This could lead to the abolition of executions.

Arizona Execution of Joseph Wood Took Nearly Two Hours - NBC News

An Arizona execution took nearly two hours on Wednesday, and witnesses said he gasped and snorted for well over an hour.

The execution of double-murderer Joseph Wood — which Arizona carried out with a lethal-injection it had never before tried — is certain to fan the debate over how U.S. states carry out the death penalty.

"I've never witnessed an execution that took that long," defense lawyer Dale Baich told NBC News. "The state of Arizona today conducted a failed experiment....It was horrible to watch."
[Video]

Too bad they could not just of hanged him. Would of been quicker.

that would be "would have" not "would of".

thanks.

Tell me what makes you think a person who plans and commits horrific murders and is found guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt deserves to live?

it's not about "deserving to live". it's about us not torturing them to death. it says more about us than them.

i'll refer you to the 8th Amendment, as well, since, apparently, only the 2nd matters to the right... the 1st, the 4th, the 5th... you don't like those so much.

it's not about "deserving to live". it's about us not torturing them to death. it says more about us than them.

i'll refer you to the 8th Amendment, as well, since, apparently, only the 2nd matters to the right... the 1st, the 4th, the 5th... you don't like those so much.

So you vote for the guillotine then? No torture there, it's quick, and no victim has ever lived for a full second after it drops.

I prefer hanging, it's much less bloody, most of the time.

Killer Takes 2 Hours to Die

Nowhere can I find information on the crime he committed that took him to the death chamber.

But, my question is – how much agony did his victims suffer? How long did it take him/her/them to die?

As someone in authority said over the last few days, this is the stupidest and least efficient way of carrying out a death sentence. Just put him before a firing squad and get it over with.

Read more @ Arizona Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution Began - TIME plus dozen of other news sites.

I don't call the death penalty torture.

And we don't know if this guy was conscious and actually feeling pain do we? People die all the time from respiratory distress and don't suffer because they are unaware of what's happening.

IMO leaving a person on death row for years on end is more torture than this particular murdering son of a bitch endured.

So you vote for the guillotine then? No torture there, it's quick, and no victim has ever lived for a full second after it drops.

I prefer hanging, it's much less bloody, most of the time.

Simple is better. Hell I'd be all for a lethal shot of ketamine and heroin. Quick cheap and painless and no mess.

No sympathy for this guy but I so don't get this, a vet can put a large dog to sleep in 20 seconds.

Bring in a fucking vet, get out the green shot, and call it a day.

The Communists filed lawsuits to stop the use of effective methods of lethal injection. What Arizona SHOULD do is file suit against the ACLU for inflicting pain on this killer - arguing that it was the ACLU who stopped the use of sane and effective lethal injection drugs.

Forum List

Back