Arizona execution goes terribly wrong

I do not feel one ounce of sympathy for this man. He killed two people. Did he feel sympathy or compassion for them. Karma

This could lead to the abolition of executions.

Arizona Execution of Joseph Wood Took Nearly Two Hours - NBC News

An Arizona execution took nearly two hours on Wednesday, and witnesses said he gasped and snorted for well over an hour.

The execution of double-murderer Joseph Wood — which Arizona carried out with a lethal-injection it had never before tried — is certain to fan the debate over how U.S. states carry out the death penalty.

"I've never witnessed an execution that took that long," defense lawyer Dale Baich told NBC News. "The state of Arizona today conducted a failed experiment....It was horrible to watch."
[Video]

He suffered for an hour? It sounds to me like that execution went wonderfully right!

So this is what America has become...a human rights wasteland?
He suffered for an hour? It sounds to me like that execution went wonderfully right!

The guy was convicted of murder and sentenced to death.

The execution was carried out.

So I fail to see the problem? ... :cool:

We are a country that is supposed to celebrate its Constitutution and human rights

Barbarism is not in our constitution

If that's what you consider justice, so be it.

So you're happy for America to join the other human rights wastelands of the world?
Execution-homiciding human beings in death chambers is barbaric.

Communist China
Iran
Indonesia
Singapore
Thailand
Japan
Afghanistan
America

Shame!

An Arizona execution took nearly two hours on Wednesday, and witnesses said he gasped and snorted for well over an hour.

The execution of double-murderer Joseph Wood — which Arizona carried out with a lethal-injection it had never before tried — is certain to fan the debate over how U.S. states carry out the death penalty.

"I've never witnessed an execution that took that long," defense lawyer Dale Baich told NBC News. "The state of Arizona today conducted a failed experiment....It was horrible to watch."
[Video]

If his victims were my loved ones, I would exact such torture that he would beg for this injection.

If they were mine he wouldn't have made it to the chamber.

Then let's ditch the Constitution and become anarchists? No thanks.

Was he executed? What happened to him?

Well, after three trials and ten years in custody, they finally let him out of prison.

But here was the thing. Dugan had confessed to the crime before the first time he was convicted.

So you do understand this is wrong, right?
Of course it's wrong. But the system works and your referral was testimony to that effect.

People confess to all kinds of crimes. You are not the only unstable person in the country you know.

It's a shame Dugan will live out his natural live, maybe. The guy could die in custody unnaturally - I hope.

Well, here's the thing. Dugan was already in prison for killing two other people. He confessed to killing the Nicaraco girl when he was caught, but officials were prosecuting Cruz and others, and they didn't want to hear this guy acted alone.

And he was willing to plead guilty to it in open court, but DuPage wouldn't take the death penalty off the table. They were going to execute someone, dammit, even if was the wrong guy.

No, this is the system going horribly wrong because of dishonest cops, politically ambitious prosecutors and the fact that most criminal defendents don't have access to competent legal representation.

I'm sure his victims died quite comfortably. :thup:

do you see anything in this amendment that says "except for really nasty criminals"?

[quote[AMENDMENT VIII

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Eighth Amendment | Constitution | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute[/QUOTE]

Maybe we should suck them up and chop them into pieces, it's okay to do to babies in America.

Arizona execution goes terribly wrong
Next time don't commit murder, and this won't happen to you. I hope this serves as a deterrent to anyone planning on taking an innocent life.

But the thing is, it doesn't. They've been executing people for a long time and people still commit heinous crimes.

I have no problem with the death penalty, some criminals don't deserve to continue living, but I don't think torturing anyone, regardless of their crime, is necessary. If the whole idea is just to end their lives, why not just give them an overdose of sleeping pills. It seems to work for people that want to commit suicide.
I'm not sure why sleeping pills are not used? It may have something to do with the fact that some drug companies don't want to be associated with the procedure. I know that the EU has banned the export of any drug that would be used for lethal injection.

I agree that deliberately torturing someone is unacceptable. This incident in Arizona was inadvertent, and I'm sure officials will take measures to ensure it doesn't happen again.

[Video]

If the guy ended up dead how did the execution go wrong?

We are a country that is supposed to celebrate its Constitutution and human rights

Barbarism is not in our constitution
When you are convicted of murder and sentenced to death you lose your "rights". .. :cool:

That is why we have rights

As a nation, we do not sink to the lowest common denominator. We do not celebrate torture

I fail to see why it is so hard

I have had dogs put to sleep, I have had horses put to sleep. It is quick and it is painless

This now dead animal, decided he was going to kill his ex-girlfriend, and her father.

He did not care about their human rights, about their rights to life, all he cared about was murdering these people.

The state of Arizona decided to put this animal down. They succeeded, good job Arizona.

For anyone who objects to execution, pray to whatever god you serve, that an animal like this one, never targets your family, otherwise your faith will be tested to see if you still oppose execution.:eusa_pray:

If that's what you consider justice, so be it.

So you're happy for America to join the other human rights wastelands of the world?
Execution-homiciding human beings in death chambers is barbaric.

Communist China
Iran
Indonesia
Singapore
Thailand
Japan
Afghanistan
America

Shame!

what a load of bs

This now dead animal, decided he was going to kill his ex-girlfriend, and her father.

He did not care about their human rights, about their rights to life, all he cared about was murdering these people.

The state of Arizona decided to put this animal down. They succeeded, good job Arizona.

For anyone who objects to execution, pray to whatever god you serve, that an animal like this one, never targets your family, otherwise your faith will be tested to see if you still oppose execution.:eusa_pray:

So how does that make us better than him?

So how does that make us better than him?

That's easy

We didn't kill innocent people.

[Video]

Not this shit again....
The guy is dead!! I would say things went just right.

Forum List

Back